Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-27-2013, 04:48 PM   #3331
buckeyecinderella
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 443

Quote:
Originally Posted by karriealex View Post

I am so looking forward to not having to pull out ten thousand cards ever time we do something and risk losing them. The FP+ is so great because you can pre-plan your most important rides and you don't have to get there at the crack of dawn just to be able to ride or get the fast pass for the ride.
Agree. However a couple of times the MB "readers" were not working so we had to pay the old fashioned way using our KTTW card. We still carried that, our park pass, Cc, and ID "just in case" but 99% if the time MB worked fine.
buckeyecinderella is offline  
Old 09-27-2013, 04:53 PM   #3332
karriealex
When I am at the Polynesian I am home!
 
karriealex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: 3 hours south of the most magical place on earth!!
Posts: 850

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyecinderella View Post
Agree. However a couple of times the MB "readers" were not working so we had to pay the old fashioned way using our KTTW card. We still carried that, our park pass, Cc, and ID "just in case" but 99% if the time MB worked fine.
I plan on bringing our cards too 'Just in Case" but the less I have to pull out the cards the happier I will be. I wonder what people do if they don't bring their cards because they are relying on the system??
__________________
karriealex is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-27-2013, 11:05 PM   #3333
buckeyecinderella
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 443

Quote:
Originally Posted by karriealex View Post

I plan on bringing our cards too 'Just in Case" but the less I have to pull out the cards the happier I will be. I wonder what people do if they don't bring their cards because they are relying on the system??
It was so nice to not get into our wallets! I have no idea what wdw would do if you didn't have backup. They must have some system...I hope.
buckeyecinderella is offline  
Old 09-27-2013, 11:34 PM   #3334
michellerh1324
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 3

My family will be at Poly the week of Thanksgiving for our first ever trip to Disney. I was able to make Fastpass+ reservations yesterday & also customize Magic Bands. So exciting!!!!!
michellerh1324 is offline  
Old 09-27-2013, 11:58 PM   #3335
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".
 
DznyCrzy11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: 894 miles from the magic!
Posts: 1,634

Quote:
Originally Posted by karriealex

I plan on bringing our cards too 'Just in Case" but the less I have to pull out the cards the happier I will be. I wonder what people do if they don't bring their cards because they are relying on the system??
Yes, it was nice not having to pull cards out before entering the parks. We used our cc for making purchases because there have been reports of people being charged twice for purchases when using their MB so we didn't want to risk it. We were using the BB offer of FD, our first time on the dining plan and we liked it. For some reason, GS was not quite sure why, when we using pts from the dining plan, we had to use my DH's MB, mine would not work. Also, we had PH option. I had no problem getting into the 1st park of the day but had problems when trying to get into another park. I explained this to a CM at the entrance and they made a note of it. Since its still in the testing stage, there are still issues they have to work out.

Sent from my Galaxy SII
__________________
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise in 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise in 2014. BC stay and Eastern Caribbean Cruise in 2015!!

DznyCrzy11 is offline  
Old 09-28-2013, 12:55 PM   #3336
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic
 
Tinkerbellie16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mile High Rockies
Posts: 3,757

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyLof428 View Post
I'm getting stressed just reading this lol - I know we women think we have to do it all, but get the kids/hubby to help with the prepared meals, it could be fun. Don't know what the 3rd teacher call is about, but if he's in trouble, cleaning the cat box seems fitting
I like that idea! He IS helping today - a LOT! The call is about his forgetfulness about his homework - nothing horrifying but just another one of those things you have to deal with you know? He has ADHD and ODD (like me, go figure) but I refuse to let him use it as an excuse because it isn't like at work I get to say, hey, I have oppositional defiance disorder so you better just suck it up that I will disagree with you. I turned it into a positive and now find myself in high demand at work because I am the person that will always find every point of view and solution and drill into it rather than being the 'yes' person. I'm TRYING to teach my son that but alas, I am his mother and his ODD comes out most with me!

Oh, he's already cleaned his room, done the dishes, made dessert, prepped dinner, and is now cleaning the basement. TVs have all been turned off and locked for 2 weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiapapaya View Post
"Cold-FX" is your friend! Do they sell that in the US? If so, it helps!
I have never heard of Cold-FX - tell me more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karriealex View Post
Airebourne is also another good product to keep you from getting sick. I know several people who swear by it.
I have tried Airborne and have some as well. I sincerely think it is the stress that I let get to me because other times when I fly for business, I don't get sick at all (and I fly a lot). It seems to be right before a vacation or the first couple of days. But I figure sick in Disney is better than well at work
__________________
DH ME DS (12) DD (10)


6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Tinkerbellie16 is offline  
Old 09-28-2013, 12:59 PM   #3337
karriealex
When I am at the Polynesian I am home!
 
karriealex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: 3 hours south of the most magical place on earth!!
Posts: 850

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16 View Post
I like that idea! He IS helping today - a LOT! The call is about his forgetfulness about his homework - nothing horrifying but just another one of those things you have to deal with you know? He has ADHD and ODD (like me, go figure) but I refuse to let him use it as an excuse because it isn't like at work I get to say, hey, I have oppositional defiance disorder so you better just suck it up that I will disagree with you. I turned it into a positive and now find myself in high demand at work because I am the person that will always find every point of view and solution and drill into it rather than being the 'yes' person. I'm TRYING to teach my son that but alas, I am his mother and his ODD comes out most with me!

Oh, he's already cleaned his room, done the dishes, made dessert, prepped dinner, and is now cleaning the basement. TVs have all been turned off and locked for 2 weeks.



I have never heard of Cold-FX - tell me more!



I have tried Airborne and have some as well. I sincerely think it is the stress that I let get to me because other times when I fly for business, I don't get sick at all (and I fly a lot). It seems to be right before a vacation or the first couple of days. But I figure sick in Disney is better than well at work
Are we living the same life?? LOL!! I have gotten 2 calls this week on my ADHD son's missing homework.
__________________
karriealex is offline  
Old 09-28-2013, 01:05 PM   #3338
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic
 
Tinkerbellie16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mile High Rockies
Posts: 3,757

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbey213 View Post
Okay so I'm going 11/13-11/20 staying at poly for me and DH honeymoon. I'm finding all these pictures of construction and closings and I have to say I am a little upset. I'm paying close to 520 a night and disney has not mentioned one thing to me about any construction. Is it worth changing hotels? I know you don't spend the whole time at the resort but its our honey moon we do want to spend half days lounging and relaxing at the resort too. It's DH first time and i want it to be magical not full of fences. What are your thoughts on staying at the poly with construction?
Check out Tikiman's page and the construction thread for recent construction updates. As for what to do, you have to decide what you want out of the resort. If you are planning on staying in the Honeymoon suite, I believe that the building will not have affected views or construction around it. And if the restaurants, GCH, and pool are still open and not under construction at that time, will it really bother you that there is construction at the other end of the resort where you might only walk once or twice when you walk to the TTC to get the monorail to Epcot?

As for Disney notifying you, when did you book? Disney didn't even confirm the construction until just recently and they are sending letters. If you booked through a TA, perhaps the TA got the letter? Or perhaps they just haven't sent the letters to the November folks yet?

If it were me and the GCH, pool, restaurants, and monorail were still open, I would still go. BUT the pool is important to me so if it was closed, I would switch. Again, you have to decide what is right for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karriealex View Post
I was also told today by two CM's that magic bands would be available in November and December. I was told once a resort tests it it stays on it. I am so excited as this will make our trip just that much easier. She also said the whole magic band project may be totally live to all resorts by then. They don't have specifics yet but the talk is that it will.
I know you've been hoping that so this is great news!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karriealex View Post
I am so looking forward to not having to pull out ten thousand cards ever time we do something and risk losing them. The FP+ is so great because you can pre-plan your most important rides and you don't have to get there at the crack of dawn just to be able to ride or get the fast pass for the ride.
Totally agree!!!! I am so happy to have our fastpasses done! DH is happy we don't have to boogie in the AM just to get a fastpass for Soarin' and we can take our time instead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyecinderella View Post
It was so nice to not get into our wallets! I have no idea what wdw would do if you didn't have backup. They must have some system...I hope.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyCrzy11 View Post
Yes, it was nice not having to pull cards out before entering the parks. We used our cc for making purchases because there have been reports of people being charged twice for purchases when using their MB so we didn't want to risk it. We were using the BB offer of FD, our first time on the dining plan and we liked it. For some reason, GS was not quite sure why, when we using pts from the dining plan, we had to use my DH's MB, mine would not work. Also, we had PH option. I had no problem getting into the 1st park of the day but had problems when trying to get into another park. I explained this to a CM at the entrance and they made a note of it. Since its still in the testing stage, there are still issues they have to work out.

Sent from my Galaxy SII
Thanks for that info! We aren't doing DDP this time (even the KTTW cards had issues!) so I'm glad not to stress about which meals we use and when and if they over 'charged' us. I was planning on using the MB for resort charges for all of us though so I'll be sure to save receipts and check the bill (I do that anyway but will be extra cautious). Like you said, it is still a 'test' so we are the guinea pigs
__________________
DH ME DS (12) DD (10)


6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Tinkerbellie16 is offline  
Old 09-28-2013, 01:09 PM   #3339
karriealex
When I am at the Polynesian I am home!
 
karriealex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: 3 hours south of the most magical place on earth!!
Posts: 850

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16 View Post
Check out Tikiman's page and the construction thread for recent construction updates. As for what to do, you have to decide what you want out of the resort. If you are planning on staying in the Honeymoon suite, I believe that the building will not have affected views or construction around it. And if the restaurants, GCH, and pool are still open and not under construction at that time, will it really bother you that there is construction at the other end of the resort where you might only walk once or twice when you walk to the TTC to get the monorail to Epcot?

As for Disney notifying you, when did you book? Disney didn't even confirm the construction until just recently and they are sending letters. If you booked through a TA, perhaps the TA got the letter? Or perhaps they just haven't sent the letters to the November folks yet?

If it were me and the GCH, pool, restaurants, and monorail were still open, I would still go. BUT the pool is important to me so if it was closed, I would switch. Again, you have to decide what is right for you!



I know you've been hoping that so this is great news!



Totally agree!!!! I am so happy to have our fastpasses done! DH is happy we don't have to boogie in the AM just to get a fastpass for Soarin' and we can take our time instead!





Thanks for that info! We aren't doing DDP this time (even the KTTW cards had issues!) so I'm glad not to stress about which meals we use and when and if they over 'charged' us. I was planning on using the MB for resort charges for all of us though so I'll be sure to save receipts and check the bill (I do that anyway but will be extra cautious). Like you said, it is still a 'test' so we are the guinea pigs
We are doing the dining plan in December and when you said overcharged you that has me concerned. How did they overcharge you so I know what to look out for?
__________________
karriealex is offline  
Old 09-28-2013, 01:11 PM   #3340
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic
 
Tinkerbellie16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mile High Rockies
Posts: 3,757

Quote:
Originally Posted by karriealex View Post
Are we living the same life?? LOL!! I have gotten 2 calls this week on my ADHD son's missing homework.


DS is in 6th grade now and the middle school posts all attendance and assignments online - including missing assignments. This has been GREAT but we actually got calls from one of the teachers that doesn't seem to be using the online functionality - which is fine too. I'm just glad we can figure this out now. The worst is when the teacher lets it go for too long and then it is a much bigger 'thing' to deal with. We had that happen in the 3rd grade and when we got to 4th grade, the teacher identified it all up front and that's when we went through the whole thing to get the testing done for ADHD. Of course - his is inattentive like most boys. I'm the hyperactive type like most girls. I don't think DH would be happy with a phone call from my boss though
__________________
DH ME DS (12) DD (10)


6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Tinkerbellie16 is offline  
Old 09-28-2013, 01:16 PM   #3341
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic
 
Tinkerbellie16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mile High Rockies
Posts: 3,757

Quote:
Originally Posted by karriealex View Post
We are doing the dining plan in December and when you said overcharged you that has me concerned. How did they overcharge you so I know what to look out for?
With the DDP, some people have had issues with them not taking the correct amount of credits. I have not used MB yet but when I used the KTTW card we did have them deduct twice the amount for one of our table service meals. But I've used the dining plan several times and only once has that happened. Just keep an eye on your receipt and know what you've got! If you know you have 16 QS left and you buy lunch for all 4 of you at a QS spot, make sure it says you now have 12 QS left on the receipt And if you ever notice an issue, tell them right away. If they don't help you, the Poly front desk has ALWAYS helped me!!

No big worries though! Just like checking your bill when you check out, check your dining plan credits too.
__________________
DH ME DS (12) DD (10)


6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Tinkerbellie16 is offline  
Old 09-28-2013, 01:31 PM   #3342
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran
 
disneydreamin247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: staten island
Posts: 5,734

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16 View Post
I like that idea! He IS helping today - a LOT! The call is about his forgetfulness about his homework - nothing horrifying but just another one of those things you have to deal with you know? He has ADHD and ODD (like me, go figure) but I refuse to let him use it as an excuse because it isn't like at work I get to say, hey, I have oppositional defiance disorder so you better just suck it up that I will disagree with you. I turned it into a positive and now find myself in high demand at work because I am the person that will always find every point of view and solution and drill into it rather than being the 'yes' person. I'm TRYING to teach my son that but alas, I am his mother and his ODD comes out most with me!

Oh, he's already cleaned his room, done the dishes, made dessert, prepped dinner, and is now cleaning the basement. TVs have all been turned off and locked for 2 weeks.



I have never heard of Cold-FX - tell me more!



I have tried Airborne and have some as well. I sincerely think it is the stress that I let get to me because other times when I fly for business, I don't get sick at all (and I fly a lot). It seems to be right before a vacation or the first couple of days. But I figure sick in Disney is better than well at work
Kudos to you!!! My son has the same diagnoses as well as Aspergers and relatives always say I'm too hard on him but I will not let him fall on that as an excuse to not fulfill his potential. When he's an adult his job won't let him say I don't feel like doing my job and since I have Aspergers you have to deal with it.
__________________
Dani DS DD
disneydreamin247 is offline  
Old 09-28-2013, 01:38 PM   #3343
karriealex
When I am at the Polynesian I am home!
 
karriealex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: 3 hours south of the most magical place on earth!!
Posts: 850

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Kudos to you!!! My son has the same diagnoses as well as Aspergers and relatives always say I'm too hard on him but I will not let him fall on that as an excuse to not fulfill his potential. When he's an adult his job won't let him say I don't feel like doing my job and since I have Aspergers you have to deal with it.
I have one with ADHD and Aspergers and one with ADHD and a mood disorder. Not fun. As you said we are often accused of being too hard on them. If you give them an inch they will take 3 miles. People also don't realize how impulsive our kids can be either. Tinkerbellie 16 I think you have it backwards. I was told that boys more often have the hyperactivity and girls the inattentive. You and I are both out of the ordinary of having the hyperactivity variant being girls.
__________________
karriealex is offline  
Old 09-28-2013, 01:39 PM   #3344
xipotec
Grinning Ghosts
 
xipotec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 1,380

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbey213 View Post
Okay so I'm going 11/13-11/20 staying at poly for me and DH honeymoon. I'm finding all these pictures of construction and closings and I have to say I am a little upset. I'm paying close to 520 a night and disney has not mentioned one thing to me about any construction. Is it worth changing hotels? I know you don't spend the whole time at the resort but its our honey moon we do want to spend half days lounging and relaxing at the resort too. It's DH first time and i want it to be magical not full of fences. What are your thoughts on staying at the poly with construction?
So far the area in question is near Sunset point . Its not anywhere near the entire resort. WDW is good at not making a mess. But this is a big project.

I do not think you will see huge construction at that point but who knows. If your shooting for the perfect honeymoon ( which is an oxymoron) you might want to switch to GF. Its really beautiful there.
__________________
11/2013 POLY Confirmed!
11/2012 POLY! CONFIRMED!
12/2010 Polynesian
Before that too many to list
!


SOME IMAGINATION, HUH??? - Mickey Mouse
xipotec is offline  
Old 09-28-2013, 02:53 PM   #3345
Ferrentinos
DIS Veteran
 
Ferrentinos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 916

We just changed our reservation for a return trip to Poly CL in January despite the construction. We love the Hawaii building and that entire experience that we just couldn't take a trip down without staying there again. I doubt we would want to swim much with it being January and I am sure the amenities that we fell in love with within the Hawaii building will still be there. We aren't worried about the construction and are just excited to have a chance to return!!!!
__________________
5/01 - AKL* 4/05 - CBR* 7/06 - POFQ* 12/07 - Pop* 6/12 - DCL Magic NYC* 12/12 - Poly* 7/13 - PolyCL* 1/14 - PolyCL* 5/14 - AKLCL* 7/14 - GF SL* 11/14 - YC/GF* 6/15 - PolyCL * 7/15 - DCL Fantasy* 7/15 - AKL CL * 12/15 GF SL

Ferrentinos is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.