Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 09:02 PM   #3316
shellypaige
Mouseketeer

Is the pool heated at the poly? Going in November and want to know if we should pack our swimsuits. Our youngest is severely disabled and doesn't handle cold water well so it really would have to be heated. Thx in advance!
Old 09-26-2013, 09:40 PM   #3317
karriealex
When I am at the Polynesian I am home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellypaige View Post
Is the pool heated at the poly? Going in November and want to know if we should pack our swimsuits. Our youngest is severely disabled and doesn't handle cold water well so it really would have to be heated. Thx in advance!
Yes it is.
Register to remove

Old 09-27-2013, 01:20 AM   #3318
PolynesianAlex
Alooooooooooohaaaaa

Hey i have not really been on the forums in awhile because no trip has been planned since 2011. Kind of gets me upset hearing all this construction coming to the poly. and a total redesign??? makes me wish i appreciated my last trip more

UPCOMING TRIP: Nothing planned
Old 09-27-2013, 10:03 AM   #3319
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Shameless ticker posting

I am just hoping that I stay healthy! EVERY vacation I get sick the first couple of days or right before. DH says I stress out too much and he's right. Just got to get through next week - an entire week in Phoenix for work. No matter how much I disinfect the area around me on the plane, or cover my mouth with a scarf as to not breath in the germs, I will end up next to the person with the nasty cough. And of course I need to sort out all the transportation for the kids for school and sports so DH doesn't worry. And load up the house with food and prepared meals. And get all the laundry done and the house clean and the cat shampooed and the litter box cleaned. And that last minute rescheduled soccer game on Sunday night that I got asked to bring snacks to at the last minute. And just got a call from my son's teacher - 3rd call this week. Ugh...yup, might get sick again...

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Old 09-27-2013, 10:58 AM   #3320
DebbyLof428
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16 View Post
Shameless ticker posting

I am just hoping that I stay healthy! EVERY vacation I get sick the first couple of days or right before. DH says I stress out too much and he's right. Just got to get through next week - an entire week in Phoenix for work. No matter how much I disinfect the area around me on the plane, or cover my mouth with a scarf as to not breath in the germs, I will end up next to the person with the nasty cough. And of course I need to sort out all the transportation for the kids for school and sports so DH doesn't worry. And load up the house with food and prepared meals. And get all the laundry done and the house clean and the cat shampooed and the litter box cleaned. And that last minute rescheduled soccer game on Sunday night that I got asked to bring snacks to at the last minute. And just got a call from my son's teacher - 3rd call this week. Ugh...yup, might get sick again...
I'm getting stressed just reading this lol - I know we women think we have to do it all, but get the kids/hubby to help with the prepared meals, it could be fun. Don't know what the 3rd teacher call is about, but if he's in trouble, cleaning the cat box seems fitting
Old 09-27-2013, 11:31 AM   #3321
karriealex

I am a happy girl. I just rebooked the Poly for December with the dining plan. They just added it to my already discounted room. I know most say the dining plan is not worth it but for us it really is. I have 3 big eaters and all of us like steak and seafood which are usually the most expensive things on the menu. I am really looking forward to trying some restaurants we haven't because of price.

Wow I did not realize the other things that come with a package plan with dining. There are tons of freebies for stuff my kids have wanted to do and a lot of discounts too. I think more than ever this was worth it.

Last edited by karriealex; 09-27-2013 at 12:00 PM.
Old 09-27-2013, 12:23 PM   #3322
DebbyLof428
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by karriealex View Post
I am a happy girl. I just rebooked the Poly for December with the dining plan. They just added it to my already discounted room. I know most say the dining plan is not worth it but for us it really is. I have 3 big eaters and all of us like steak and seafood which are usually the most expensive things on the menu. I am really looking forward to trying some restaurants we haven't because of price.

Wow I did not realize the other things that come with a package plan with dining. There are tons of freebies for stuff my kids have wanted to do and a lot of discounts too. I think more than ever this was worth it.
Enjoy!! I love trying new restaurants at Disney. Which ones are you thinking about?
Old 09-27-2013, 12:26 PM   #3323
karriealex

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyLof428 View Post
Enjoy!! I love trying new restaurants at Disney. Which ones are you thinking about?
Coral Reef, The Wave, Saanan. LOL still looking at the menus and the credits. For once we will go and my kids should get full LOL. I swear they have hollow legs!
Old 09-27-2013, 12:39 PM   #3324
Abbey213
Earning My Ears

Okay so I'm going 11/13-11/20 staying at poly for me and DH honeymoon. I'm finding all these pictures of construction and closings and I have to say I am a little upset. I'm paying close to 520 a night and disney has not mentioned one thing to me about any construction. Is it worth changing hotels? I know you don't spend the whole time at the resort but its our honey moon we do want to spend half days lounging and relaxing at the resort too. It's DH first time and i want it to be magical not full of fences. What are your thoughts on staying at the poly with construction?
Old 09-27-2013, 01:11 PM   #3325
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16 View Post
Shameless ticker posting

"Cold-FX" is your friend! Do they sell that in the US? If so, it helps!

me DH DD22 DD11 DD9 Finnegan
1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF ~ 2015 Magic Mediterranean
Old 09-27-2013, 02:28 PM   #3326
karriealex

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiapapaya View Post
"Cold-FX" is your friend! Do they sell that in the US? If so, it helps!
Airebourne is also another good product to keep you from getting sick. I know several people who swear by it.
Old 09-27-2013, 03:35 PM   #3327
karriealex

I was also told today by two CM's that magic bands would be available in November and December. I was told once a resort tests it it stays on it. I am so excited as this will make our trip just that much easier. She also said the whole magic band project may be totally live to all resorts by then. They don't have specifics yet but the talk is that it will.

I am also having a BLAST picking out places for the dining plan. When I told my kids about the extra's like Disney Quest, Mini Golf, and the arcade card they got wicked excited. They have always wanted to go to Disney Quest and of course what boy doesn't like video games LOL. With all the extra's and the ability to eat whatever we want, the dining plan really does make sense for us.
Old 09-27-2013, 03:37 PM   #3328
buckeyecinderella
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbey213 View Post
Okay so I'm going 11/13-11/20 staying at poly for me and DH honeymoon. I'm finding all these pictures of construction and closings and I have to say I am a little upset. I'm paying close to 520 a night and disney has not mentioned one thing to me about any construction. Is it worth changing hotels? I know you don't spend the whole time at the resort but its our honey moon we do want to spend half days lounging and relaxing at the resort too. It's DH first time and i want it to be magical not full of fences. What are your thoughts on staying at the poly with construction?
I was just there this morning and I don't think the current construction fences are that bad at all. They are covered with green screening material and I think it looks much better than the big walls around the Grand Floridian DVC construction area! I'm not sure what November will bring, but IMO what I've seen so far is not worth changing hotels for. Just keep your eye on new posts and pics so you know what to expect. :-)
Old 09-27-2013, 03:40 PM   #3329
buckeyecinderella
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by karriealex View Post
I was also told today by two CM's that magic bands would be available in November and December. I was told once a resort tests it it stays on it. I am so excited as this will make our trip just that much easier. She also said the whole magic band project may be totally live to all resorts by then. They don't have specifics yet but the talk is that it will.

I am also having a BLAST picking out places for the dining plan. When I told my kids about the extra's like Disney Quest, Mini Golf, and the arcade card they got wicked excited. They have always wanted to go to Disney Quest and of course what boy doesn't like video games LOL. With all the extra's and the ability to eat whatever we want, the dining plan really does make sense for us.
We loved our magic bands! Didn't think I would at first but they were great! And being able to make ride ressies was great!
Old 09-27-2013, 03:43 PM   #3330
karriealex

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyecinderella View Post
We loved our magic bands! Didn't think I would at first but they were great! And being able to make ride ressies was great!
I am so looking forward to not having to pull out ten thousand cards ever time we do something and risk losing them. The FP+ is so great because you can pre-plan your most important rides and you don't have to get there at the crack of dawn just to be able to ride or get the fast pass for the ride.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: