Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 09:38 AM   #3286
Aristocath
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by karriealex View Post
Just checked with CRO and apparently you can do a passholder package with dining. I am really thinking about doing this. We would like to try a lot of the restaurants that we don't because the price of what we would like to order there is prohibitive doing OOP. My hubby is a big steak eater and I am a big seafood eater. Both are usually the most expensive things on the menu. I would just like to go and not have to think about price etc.... I can book now at rack rate and then convert it when the passholder rate comes out. As much as I check when I have a reservation I should be on it the minute the rate comes out and shouldn't have a problem converting it. The Poly with a dining plan would just be heaven
See, I don't understand this. We are a family of five and all are adults by Disney standards. We are not doing the dining plan because it will end up costing us more to do so. I've run the numbers countless times and I can't make the dining plan work for us this time even though we love the convenience of it. Four of us will eat steak every day and we still do better to skip the dining plan. Are both of your kids Disney adults?
Old 09-23-2013, 10:03 AM   #3287
karriealex
When I am at the Polynesian I am home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristocath View Post
See, I don't understand this. We are a family of five and all are adults by Disney standards. We are not doing the dining plan because it will end up costing us more to do so. I've run the numbers countless times and I can't make the dining plan work for us this time even though we love the convenience of it. Four of us will eat steak every day and we still do better to skip the dining plan. Are both of your kids Disney adults?
Yes both my kids are considered adults and both eat a lot and again both are high end price eaters. They both love steak and seafood. I have't seen the price for the dining plan yet as they are going through a upgrade at CRO this morning. Just going to Ohana for the 4 of us is nearly 200.00 and add a breakfast to that and we are at about 250.00 for the day. Add a snack and it is about 275.00. Ohana is a fixed price also. Most places are not. You also get the refillable cups which adds up to about 72.00 for all four of us for the length of the trip. When I see the actual price I will decide then but adding it up OOP comes out to about 2700.00 just on food if we eat what we want where we want.
Register to remove

Old 09-23-2013, 10:10 AM   #3288
Aristocath
DIS Veteran

None of us drink soda so the mugs aren't a good deal for us. Plus, we tend to not like the CS desserts so much. I'd rather have a Mickey Premium bar than that chocolate cake. Have you used the dining plan calculator posted on the restaurants board?
Old 09-23-2013, 10:17 AM   #3289
karriealex

Quote:
None of us drink soda so the mugs aren't a good deal for us. Plus, we tend to not like the CS desserts so much. I'd rather have a Mickey Premium bar than that chocolate cake. Have you used the dining plan calculator posted on the restaurants board?
I have just been going by the app I have with the prices on it. I posted on the restaurant board and they suggested getting a Target Red Card and buying Disney GC's at a discount. The amount I would need would be interesting to carry around and just from talking to Target about it it would not be easy at all to do for as many as I need. Where is the calculator?
Old 09-23-2013, 10:24 AM   #3290
Aristocath
DIS Veteran

You can probably just google it easier than finding it on the boards but I thinks it's by SeeYouReelSoon.wix.com.
Old 09-23-2013, 10:27 AM   #3291
karriealex

Quote:
You can probably just google it easier than finding it on the boards but I thinks it's by SeeYouReelSoon.wix.com.
Found it. It is at that site. I will plug in all our details. I still have to call CRO back and find out the price.
Old 09-23-2013, 10:54 AM   #3292
karriealex

I am trying to enter in our dinners and the calculator won't let me grrrrr.

I give up. No matter what I do I cannot enter dinner

Found out why. I am using a program other than Excel. I will have to download it to my dh's computer

Last edited by karriealex; 09-23-2013 at 11:15 AM.
Old 09-23-2013, 03:15 PM   #3293
DebbyLof428
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just checked with CRO and apparently you can do a passholder package with dining. I am really thinking about doing this. We would like to try a lot of the restaurants that we don't because the price of what we would like to order there is prohibitive doing OOP. My hubby is a big steak eater and I am a big seafood eater. Both are usually the most expensive things on the menu. I would just like to go and not have to think about price etc.... I can book now at rack rate and then convert it when the passholder rate comes out. As much as I check when I have a reservation I should be on it the minute the rate comes out and shouldn't have a problem converting it. The Poly with a dining plan would just be heaven
Just an FYI - the passholder rates are out for Nov/December if that's when you're planning on going
Old 09-23-2013, 03:26 PM   #3294
karriealex

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyLof428 View Post
Just an FYI - the passholder rates are out for Nov/December if that's when you're planning on going
Nope planning on Next June. We are already going in December and have the rate for that one.
Old 09-23-2013, 03:41 PM   #3295
DebbyLof428
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Nope planning on Next June. We are already going in December and have the rate for that one.
Duh - it's right there on your ticker - don't I feel dumb lol - maybe there will be a new bounceback offer in December for next year
Old 09-23-2013, 03:42 PM   #3296
karriealex

Quote:
Duh - it's right there on your ticker - don't I feel dumb lol - maybe there will be a new bounceback offer in December for next year
That would be really good.
Old 09-24-2013, 08:43 AM   #3297
Pirate Mickey mom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Just curious...can you see these rates on the website? Do you have to call reservations? How does this work?

1998 offsite, Jan 2010 CB, Nov 2010 POR, Mar 2011 Swan, Jan 2012 AKL Kidani Village/Disney Dream/CB, Jan 2013 Poly/Disney Fantasy, Jan 2014 Poly, January 2015 POR/Disney Dream
Old 09-24-2013, 08:51 AM   #3298
cmcinc
Mouseketeer

24 more days until we return to the Poly! Got our MB's and our Magical Express packet last week!
Old 09-24-2013, 11:15 AM   #3299
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcinc View Post
24 more days until we return to the Poly! Got our MB's and our Magical Express packet last week!
23 more days for us!! My ticker is when we get to Orlando but we get to the Poly on the 13th See you there! I'm the complete NUT that is deliriously happy - usually carrying around some fruity drink and shopping - or swimming - or eating

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Old 09-24-2013, 12:01 PM   #3300
DebbyLof428
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Mickey mom View Post
Just curious...can you see these rates on the website? Do you have to call reservations? How does this work?
Under the My Disney Experience section there is an Annual Passholder box that will let you check the rates. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you have to register your AP before you can check for rates.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: