Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2013, 11:21 PM   #3256
ericstac
DIS Veteran

Will the walkway to the gym from the Poly be closed down due to all of construction?
Old 09-22-2013, 10:43 AM   #3257
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericstac View Post
Will the walkway to the gym from the Poly be closed down due to all of construction?
I haven't seen details about that walkway yet but so far, the construction seems more concentrated on the other side of the resort. But it all depends on what happens. And of course, it depends on when you are going.

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-22-2013, 11:25 AM   #3258
karriealex
When I am at the Polynesian I am home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16 View Post
I haven't seen details about that walkway yet but so far, the construction seems more concentrated on the other side of the resort. But it all depends on what happens. And of course, it depends on when you are going.
It shouldn't close since all the construction is on the other side of the resort.
Old 09-22-2013, 11:56 AM   #3259
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmom1107 View Post
We'll be staying @ Poly Nov 11-17th and we are sooooo excited. It's our first time!! I was going to do online check in and request a building but...I've never been there, LOL so I have absolutely no clue what to request! What's everyone's favorite? Just one thing to keep in mind and that is my little guy is in a wheelchair so we did make ressies for an accessible room. Also, with all this construction talk going on, should I make a request now and hope for the best?..or...wait a bit and see if more info. comes in regarding the locations of the buildings that are being renovated. Construction or not ~ we are super excited and will make the best of whatever craziness we find!
You're going to love the Poly . We stayed in Samoa and loved the location. It was convenient to everything as it's just steps from the volcano pool, GCH, beach, and Captain Cooks .

Quote:
Originally Posted by karriealex View Post
There are so many beautiful places around the resort that I am sure they could get some gorgeous pictures with no construction in them at all. I would not let that worry you.
I agree .

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyAddict View Post
I spoke to DH tonight and we are going to book GVCL for our June 30 anniversary/vow renewal. Hopefully, IPO can keep me updated on construction progress through email and if it seems really crazy i hope we can switch to the GFSL.
I think you made a good choice.....book the Poly and see what happens as things progress .

Quote:
Originally Posted by makclair View Post
We are here! After an hour of dd screaming on the plane here we scrapped our plans for downtown disney and decided to just chill at the resort and eat an early dinner at captain cooks! Ds went down the volcano pool 3x! It feels perfect here!! This is our first time!!
Hope you're having a great time .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vility View Post
I'm so excited. We'll be there in a few days!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroDad View Post
Paid off the trip last week, today we got our Disney Docs, Thursday is our 1 month countdown, Magic Bands should arrive soon after. Woo Hoo! after 10 months of planning it is finally happening!

It won't be long before you're checking in at the Poly .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 09-22-2013, 01:09 PM   #3260
astehlik30
Earning My Ears

3 weeks till our first time at the Poly! Counting down the days!
Old 09-22-2013, 01:21 PM   #3261
samacita
Mouseketeer

We are at 45 days!! Trip is paid off, ADRs set (though I wouldn't mind swapping our BOG lunch FP for a dinner ADR), photopass ordered, DD's teacher is informed of her 1 day out of school...everything is coming together!!! Still need to reserve a stroller rental and set up ME (not sure how to do that...) and then we'll be sitting pretty at the Poly before we know it!!! The kids are SO excited. Can't wait!!!
Old 09-22-2013, 01:29 PM   #3262
mbowk99
Earning My Ears

I have a cabana rental question. I am arriving early on Saturday, 11/30. We are not going to the parks that day, but are going to the Spirit of Aloha show at 5:15. Since our room may not be ready until 3, I was thinking if doing a Cabana rental.

But I'm worried they won't let me. The Disney website says you need a valid room key for the rental, and I have no way of knowing when I'll be able to check in. Has anyone done this?
Old 09-22-2013, 01:47 PM   #3263
Cobern
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by samacita View Post
We are at 45 days!! Trip is paid off, ADRs set (though I wouldn't mind swapping our BOG lunch FP for a dinner ADR), photopass ordered, DD's teacher is informed of her 1 day out of school...everything is coming together!!! Still need to reserve a stroller rental and set up ME (not sure how to do that...) and then we'll be sitting pretty at the Poly before we know it!!! The kids are SO excited. Can't wait!!!
Are you looking for an offsite company? If so we used apple in may and had no issues!
May 2014 - Coronado Springs
May 2014 - Villas at Wilderness Lodge Studio
Old 09-22-2013, 01:47 PM   #3264
karriealex

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbowk99 View Post
I have a cabana rental question. I am arriving early on Saturday, 11/30. We are not going to the parks that day, but are going to the Spirit of Aloha show at 5:15. Since our room may not be ready until 3, I was thinking if doing a Cabana rental.

But I'm worried they won't let me. The Disney website says you need a valid room key for the rental, and I have no way of knowing when I'll be able to check in. Has anyone done this?
I would call them but I bet if you had a copy of your reservation showing you were checking in that day that they should accept that. I am doing the same thing only renting it at 3. Did not know about the room key thing so I guess I will have to call also. I would think I would have a key by then but you never know.
Old 09-22-2013, 02:19 PM   #3265
ericstac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It shouldn't close since all the construction is on the other side of the resort.
Oh really?

We have never stayed here but it sounds like the gym is between the GF and Poly and it also sounds like this is where construction is at.

We are going from dec 22 to jan 3rd..
Old 09-22-2013, 02:50 PM   #3266
samacita
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobern View Post

Are you looking for an offsite company? If so we used apple in may and had no issues!
Yes, thanks for the recommendation! That is one I was planning to check out. We're looking for a double City Mini.
Old 09-22-2013, 03:02 PM   #3267
karriealex

Quote:
Oh really?

We have never stayed here but it sounds like the gym is between the GF and Poly and it also sounds like this is where construction is at.

Nope construction is on the other side near Hawaii and Tahiti.
Old 09-22-2013, 03:05 PM   #3268
buckeyecinderella
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Oh really?

At Poly now and I jogged over to GF/poly health club this morning. The club is between GF and Poly but the Poly construction is on the opposite side of the Poly not the GF side. I could still get all the way from poly to the GF even though construction walls are still up because of GF DVC construction. Still all good! Construction at poly currently is very minimal and not affecting our stay. We shall see what Monday morning brings but still only the low silt retaining walls.
Old 09-22-2013, 03:21 PM   #3269
mbowk99
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I would call them but I bet if you had a copy of your reservation showing you were checking in that day that they should accept that. I am doing the same thing only renting it at 3. Did not know about the room key thing so I guess I will have to call also. I would think I would have a key by then but you never know.
Thanks, I am going to call and ask!
Old 09-22-2013, 04:57 PM   #3270
HeyIt'sMe
For Tag Fairy's Use only
That weed whacker just intimidates me somethin' fierce!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifaerie View Post
Not weird at all! Or I'm weird with you. When I faxed in my request last week, I asked for "Construction View". My husband just graduated from college this year in Mechanical Design, and he's enthralled with watching things be built and torn down. He thought it'd be great to have a front row seat!
I used to fax in my room requests 5 days before our arrival date but I haven't done that in several years. Do the resorts still look at/consider these faxes when assigning rooms considering you can add requests during online check-in? I'd like to fax in a request with my usual request - "3rd floor with balcony" but also add something about being away from the east side construction.

1970s - Contemporary: Nov 1975
1980s - Offsite: Jun 1985
1990s - Polynesian: Oct 1991, Oct 1993

2000s - Polynesian: Sep 2000, Oct 2001, Sep 2002, Oct 2003, Oct 2004, Oct 2006, Oct 2008
2010s - Polynesian: Oct 2010, Oct 2011, Oct 2012, Oct 2013 / Grand Floridian: Oct 2014
Planning Next Trip: Polynesian: Oct 2015
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: