Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2013, 09:47 PM   #3151
On My Way
Earning My Ears

Hi Everyone!

I'll be at the Poly 11/14 through 11/22. Soooo excited! I stayed there once around 25 years ago with my parents when I was little and still remember most of it! There are nine of us from my family going (staying in three rooms), but I had a few questions I couldn't find through search...

1) My older teenage son will go through Xbox withdrawal at night if he is not able to hook up his game system. Is there any way to hook up a system to the TV's?

2) I was told there was a hot tub at the Poly but read somewhere you have to walk over to the Grand Floridian to use one?

3) Will housekeeping bring you extra pillows if you ask? I'd hate to waste space in the suitcase, but my family loves multi pillows per person!

Thanks
Old 09-12-2013, 09:55 PM   #3152
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
Glad you had a great time.....it sounds amazing . I am really looking forward to CC as I've heard it is just so beautiful and relaxing . Congrats on another cruise next year. Are you cruising the Dream again or trying the Fantasy? Thanks for your mini report.....I can't wait to go .
It sure was amazing!! I would say for me, CC was the highlight of the trip. I would highly consider a double dip cruise for CC!! The cruise we have booked for August 30th is on the Fantasy. I'm also hoping to take a cruise in May for my bday and that would be back on the Dream.

Have you been following the cruise line thread? I found a lot of helpful info from there. I would highly recommend taking some Bonine 2 days before sailing and then everynight of the cruise incase you get sea sick. We didn't have a problem with getting sea sick. Also, read through the Navigator or you may miss some good things. We missed a towel animal class on the "sea day" where they show you how to make the towel animals, that would have been interesting, there was also a cooking class that morning that I would have liked to attend. Also, they will post the day and time of the captain signing if that's something you are interested in. On the "sea day" we just so happened to buy a frame and the cruise ship ornament and the cashier mentioned to us that the captain was signing things in an hour and 30 minutes. I am so glad she mentioned that!! There again, we did not take the time to read through the Navigator and would have missed out if we had not been told. We had him sign the frame and the bottom of the ornament!
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise in 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise in 2014. BC stay and Eastern Caribbean Cruise in 2015!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2013, 08:39 AM   #3153
chasadchick
chasadchick

Quote:
Originally Posted by On My Way
Hi Everyone!

I'll be at the Poly 11/14 through 11/22. Soooo excited! I stayed there once around 25 years ago with my parents when I was little and still remember most of it! There are nine of us from my family going (staying in three rooms), but I had a few questions I couldn't find through search...

1) My older teenage son will go through Xbox withdrawal at night if he is not able to hook up his game system. Is there any way to hook up a system to the TV's?

2) I was told there was a hot tub at the Poly but read somewhere you have to walk over to the Grand Floridian to use one?

3) Will housekeeping bring you extra pillows if you ask? I'd hate to waste space in the suitcase, but my family loves multi pillows per person!

Thanks
1) I don't think you can get to the connections on the tv. Ours was built into a frame.
2) There is not a hot tub.
3) They are pretty generious with the pillows. We had 4 per bed
Old 09-13-2013, 09:22 AM   #3154
asudol
Mouseketeer

Aloha! We are here now, staying in Tahiti, no construction in sight! Just walked sunset cove, and along the whole beach - beautiful as always. The parking area near Rapa Nui closed finally overnight. Maybe a sign of things to come, but for now - all is amazing. A few magic band hiccups to start the trip, but otherwise good to go
Old 09-13-2013, 09:51 AM   #3155
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

I was wondering if anyone have an updated menu for the CL offerings. All I could find was 2009 and 2010. Thanks much!

Many Trips Before DS
Sept- Poly CL (DS 1st Trip & DH B-Day)
May- AK Jumbo/SSR (DS B-Day & 1st FG and SWW)
Nov/Dec-AOA,BLT,WL (DS 1st MVMCP)
Old 09-13-2013, 11:08 AM   #3156
pens4821
Mouseketeer

Is the beach in front of the Hawaii building the one that is talked about for the best views of wishes? Anyone know if construction will close this beach or block the view (read something of bungalows)? We are doing split stay in January, and not sure if we want to risk not being able to see wishes from the beach. That's one of the top reasons for us staying there.
Old 09-13-2013, 11:25 AM   #3157
LorieDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by On My Way View Post
Hi Everyone!

Thanks
We were able to hook up our iPad to the TV to watch videos on our iTunes account. The connections are on the front of the tv so you **may** be able to hook up a gaming system.

There are already 4 pillows on the beds and usually an extra one in the closet ... but housekeeping will certainly bring you extra.

Loving our new home at BLT!

Old 09-13-2013, 07:34 PM   #3158
Silly3mom
Earning My Ears

Is the volcano pool heated?
Old 09-13-2013, 07:38 PM   #3159
Goofy4
DIS Veteran

They all are.
  • 00's ASsp (Nov '01), OKW (Aug '03), BWV (Oct '05), Pop (May '06), ASmu (April '08), Cabins/Kidani(June '09) Trip Report
  • 10's WL (April '10), SSR (Jan '12)
Old 09-13-2013, 09:24 PM   #3160
Day-Day
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy4 View Post
They all are.
All volcano pools?
Old 09-13-2013, 09:49 PM   #3161
twinmom1107
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by pens4821 View Post
Is the beach in front of the Hawaii building the one that is talked about for the best views of wishes? Anyone know if construction will close this beach or block the view (read something of bungalows)? We are doing split stay in January, and not sure if we want to risk not being able to see wishes from the beach. That's one of the top reasons for us staying there.
We are staying Nov 11-17. I just received a letter from them stating that "part of the beach" would be closed. They didn't specify which parts and i don't know how long construction will be but at least during our trip it will be somewhat limited access.
Old 09-13-2013, 11:04 PM   #3162
xipotec
Grinning Ghosts

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmom1107 View Post

We are staying Nov 11-17. I just received a letter from them stating that "part of the beach" would be closed. They didn't specify which parts and i don't know how long construction will be but at least during our trip it will be somewhat limited access.
Staying the same days. The parts we know of so far will be Sunset point in from of Tahiti, and maybe parts of Hawaii .
Before that too many to list
!

SOME IMAGINATION, HUH??? - Mickey Mouse
Old 09-14-2013, 12:56 AM   #3163
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiapapaya View Post
Bumping us back up from half way down the second page because I am super excited. We just finalized plans for a surprise Christmas trip to WDW for our girls! For several years we have saved and had our family vacation in the fall at WDW. This year my DH wanted to do something different, so we cancelled our fall trip and booked a cruise for March. We were going to add a few days at WDW on at the beginning of that trip. However, now that it's fall we're all missing WDW and the Poly (especially with all of the changes coming) so we've booked a short trip with the room only discount for the first week of December (and will cancel the WDW portion of our cruise trip). While it won't exactly be at Christmas, who cares? It's Disney and what a great way to get into the spirit of the season! Did I mention I'm excited?!
Fabulous! So excited for you

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Old 09-14-2013, 01:01 AM   #3164
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mygirls View Post
We are Poly bound tomorrow!! That is if we can escape all of this flooding at home. It's crazy - I've never seen so much water. My kids got a "rain day" today because we had so much rain that the roads are closed. I've lived in Colorado my whole life and have never seen this. I sure hope our plane can take off tomorrow!
I'm late on this and hoping you got off the ground in Colorado (without oars!) and safely to Orlando. I did fly back to CO yesterday from a business trip and while it was bumpy (good ole mountains and clouds), we did land safely. Can't say as much for the drive home though or the ongoing flooding. It is crazy and definitely feels like the 100 year flood. Friend of ours was rescued from a road being washed out near our house and you might have seen it on the news. I've kept the kids close and hunkered down. Let the sun shine!

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Old 09-14-2013, 11:41 AM   #3165
Goofy4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-Day View Post
All volcano pools?
Volcanos do that, naturally...
  • 00's ASsp (Nov '01), OKW (Aug '03), BWV (Oct '05), Pop (May '06), ASmu (April '08), Cabins/Kidani(June '09) Trip Report
  • 10's WL (April '10), SSR (Jan '12)
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: