Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 06:25 PM   #2776
karriealex
When I am at the Polynesian I am home!

Flipping through my pictures of the Poly to take my mind off the fact that I feel so incredibly rotten. The Poly really is my happy place.
Old 08-25-2013, 06:55 PM   #2777
smallsy
Mouseketeer

Thanks for that super awesome summary tinkerbellie16!

I think that's the way we'll go. I figure we can always try to change if we learn something new about the construction. And I don't think the toilets will be a problem. DS sleeps with white noise anyway, his sleep sheep. Whenever we hear him stir on the monitor, one of us will nudge the other and mumble "sheep!" to go turn it back on.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-25-2013, 06:59 PM   #2778
karriealex

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallsy View Post

I think that's the way we'll go. I figure we can always try to change if we learn something new about the construction. And I don't think the toilets will be a problem. DS sleeps with white noise anyway, his sleep sheep. Whenever we hear him stir on the monitor, one of us will nudge the other and mumble "sheep!" to go turn it back on.
I'm sorry I just find this incredibly funny. I can't stop giggling. It also sounds like something that would happen in my house

I actually think I find this so funny because of what happened when my kids were newborns. They always slept right next to my side of the bed. When they would cry my husband would always nudge me and say "baby" I always wanted to say "NO really?? Would have though him screaming in my ear would have been my first clue" ROFL Never did but really wanted to,

Last edited by karriealex; 08-25-2013 at 07:31 PM.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:56 PM   #2779
wendybeth75
DIS Veteran

Quote:

When my DS was 6 and we returned from Disney World, my Mom asked what his favorite thing was to which he answered "the toilet".! He was so impressed with how it would suck the water down and would spend lots of time flushing it over and over. We still laugh about that.

July 2000 Off Property,Oct 2003 All Star sports, Apr 2011 POR, Sept 2011 POR, Oct 2012 BC, Dec 2012 POR, Oct 2013 POLY, Dec 2013 Caribe Royale, Apr 2014 AKL/WL-CL June 2014 POR, October 2014 POR

Old 08-25-2013, 08:14 PM   #2780
jw50
I might make it sound more embarrasing that it really was
By definition all of the maelstrom women are hotties

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine View Post
Do you see anything going on around Tahiti and Rapa Nui? Or the beach and sunset pointe?
As of last Friday there was no indication of any construction anywhere at the Poly, and Tahiti and Rapa Nui were both occupied. You will just have to wait and see if anything starts in Sep.

There is still a lot of work being done on the DVC building at the GF but it is really only noticeable if you are on the monorail or walk over to the GF.
Old 08-25-2013, 08:21 PM   #2781
karriealex

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw50 View Post
As of last Friday there was no indication of any construction anywhere at the Poly, and Tahiti and Rapa Nui were both occupied. You will just have to wait and see if anything starts in Sep.

There is still a lot of work being done on the DVC building at the GF but it is really only noticeable if you are on the monorail or walk over to the GF.
We saw that too when we were there. You could see the work from the monorail but we didn't notice it when we went to the GF for a DVC presentation.
Old 08-25-2013, 08:40 PM   #2782
smallsy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by karriealex View Post
I'm sorry I just find this incredibly funny. I can't stop giggling. It also sounds like something that would happen in my house

I actually think I find this so funny because of what happened when my kids were newborns. They always slept right next to my side of the bed. When they would cry my husband would always nudge me and say "baby" I always wanted to say "NO really?? Would have though him screaming in my ear would have been my first clue" ROFL Never did but really wanted to,
Oh yeah! We had plenty of those nights when DS was still in our room. I shouldn't complain since DH has been really great with everything, but he definitely has his moments, ha!
Old 08-25-2013, 09:06 PM   #2783
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Quote:
LOL I have to agree I really don't mind getting older but gravity, age pots, and slowing metabolism is the pits. It does help that I don't look my age either due to good genes. When I say my age people don't believe me. It only really showed a bit when I let my hair go gray. Wont make that mistake again. Someone at my docs office told my dh that they put his MOM in a room. Colored my hair soon after LOL
It's like my theory that I stuff my husband full of yummy food - because the bigger he looks, the smaller I do (ok, it's a LITTLE funny, but I do want him to be healthy )

Quote:
Never noticed the toilet flushes in the Hawaii building but then again our toilet is loud at home so it may be I just didn't notice.
THANK YOU!!! You are the first person to respond to my question about the toilets in the other longhouses. I was on the 2nd floor near the middle of Tokelau in May and I wonder if that made me hear all those toilet flushes!

Quote:
I was sitting thinking (never allow me to do this) but I was wondering what the Poly does if someone in a wheelchair wants to rent a cabana? The only one accessible to a wheelchair is the big one. Never dawned on me while I was there because I don't always have to use my wheelchair. I am able to walk some and the night I took the pictures I was walking.
The only way we got in was the stairs - or by making our way through the foliage. I haven't really inspected the regular cabanas in a while so that is a really interesting question! Maybe you get upgraded automatically??? Well, either way, they should be wheelchair accessible. DEFINITELY call and let them know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrabbit910 View Post
Hi Tinkerbellie, I just read your post about Tokelau rooms and that was my first request. Would you keep that request knowing construction was going to be close?
100% YES! I am not worried about Tahiti construction. I will be there in October and you bet I will be requesting my favorite longhouse

Quote:
Flipping through my pictures of the Poly to take my mind off the fact that I feel so incredibly rotten. The Poly really is my happy place.
Feel better soon!

Quote:

Cool beans! Yes, definitely voice any concerns when you get there because none of us really know what it will be like until we walk through those doors ... and smell that fabulous lobby... and see the tiki torches... oh sorry, got a little lost in the 'happy place'

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Old 08-25-2013, 09:49 PM   #2784
karriealex

Quote:
Oh yeah! We had plenty of those nights when DS was still in our room. I shouldn't complain since DH has been really great with everything, but he definitely has his moments, ha!
Mine was great with the kids too but that one always got me.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:50 PM   #2785
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

If someone in a wheelchair wanted to rent a cabana I'm sure they would open the ropes behind them to let them in.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:53 PM   #2786
karriealex

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
If someone in a wheelchair wanted to rent a cabana I'm sure they would open the ropes behind them to let them in.
Just looked at my pictures to check that and there appears to be foliage behind them.
Old 08-25-2013, 10:14 PM   #2787
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just looked at my pictures to check that and there appears to be foliage behind them.
I recall climbing over the rope a few times during our rentals. I believe there's a garbage can between the sets of ropes.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:53 PM   #2788
chikinyellow
Earning My Ears

Quote:

I know this is off topic, but we have a white noise machine for each of our kids that plugs in and goes all night ( you don't have to set the timer)

http://www.amazon.com/myBaby-Soundsp...f=pd_sim_hpc_1
Old 08-26-2013, 07:12 AM   #2789
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thank you sweetie. Oh to top it off. Last nigh there was one lanyard pin on the floor missing its rubber backing and sitting pin up. You can guess what happened. Yup full weight down on the pin. I'm sitting there howling, dh jumps out of bed runs over and has to remove said pin from the bottom of my foot. Only thing I can figure is my dog when she was playing with my old purse yesterday (heaven forbid she play with her toys) must have knocked the pin out of it and somehow the back came off. My luck has been a little off lately ROFL
Ouch!!!!
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
Old 08-26-2013, 07:17 AM   #2790
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16 View Post

I don't mind the number and I actually quite like getting older (so much easier to deal with everything and be happy with one self!) but I'm not digging on gravity and those age spots! I'm also quite annoyed that I keep upping my runs and all it does is keep me at the same spot - so not enjoying that slowing metabolism! Of course, my son said to me yesterday, "Wait...you mean you only run so you can eat?" So rather than him biking 3 miles with me while I ran, he biked the whole 6 miles so he could have some candy. Ugh, I'm sitting here and NOT running so need to go. It takes awhile to run 6 miles and it is HOT out!
I got older yesterday... 39 and I hate it!!! My metabolism is completely off, of course my meds have something to do with it & now I think I'm hypoglycemic! No matter what I eat or don't eat no matter the exercise I don't loose it! I stay exhausted, nauseous & shakey! Starting taking prenatal vitamins hoping the extra iron and vitamins would help.. Hoping to get it under control before our trip in 11 days!!! My dr was trying to console me said it was partly the meds & partly my age but she didn't want me to loose anything says I'm at a good place??? My age? From Jan to May I went from size 6/8 to a 12!
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: