Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 08:33 AM   #2746
buzzmom12
Mouseketeer

Typhoon lagoon and yes it was turned on. It wasnt hard to use.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:05 AM   #2747
gkrykewy
TTA PeopleMover Fan Club President

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzmom12 View Post
So you were able to use your resort mug at typhoon lagoon using this system? I'm not worried about it being hard to use, I'm just put off by some of the restrictions (e.g., time between refills; I often fill half-and-half or fill, drink some, then top off... Having to wait several minutes between fills will make this more of a chore).

Last edited by gkrykewy; 08-25-2013 at 09:12 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-25-2013, 09:08 AM   #2748
Chavaleh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrykewy
Does anyone know if the new restricted/Rapidfill mug system is in place at the Polynesian yet?
No, it's not yet. The lady we bought our mugs from said maybe next week.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:21 AM   #2749
CNAGEY
Earning My Ears

Question

Hi everyone, I've been a long time follower of the thread, but never posted before. We're going to be at the Poly from 9/14-9/22. We're aware of the construction rumors involving DVC and don't really mind walls up along Tahiti or what have you during that time. What concerns us is that the DIS shows that the Volcano Pool will be closed from 9/9 - 9/20. Does anyone know if this is accurate, or if this is old news? We thought that the Pool wouldn't be an issue until January 2014.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:25 AM   #2750
cart-mom
Busy Scout Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrabbit910
Wondering what u would do... Opinions really appreciated... We have the poly booked for 9 days in November. Not knowing much about the construction (besides that's its happening) we were thinking of splitting our stay to a Epcot resort. Would you stay at the poly 6 days out of the 9 or 3?
Side note: 3 of these days will also be spent at the mk .... 2 at Epcot and 1 At HS (traveling with toddlers)
Thanks all for ur opinions.
Personally, I would think it more if a hassle to switch resorts with toddlers than to deal with construction. I have been at several now under construction or refurb and hardly knew what was going on. The only refurb I have seen as a problem was a value food court total shut down. Stick to poly.

Old 08-25-2013, 09:33 AM   #2751
Jrabbit910
Keep Calm and get your Sparkle on!!

Thank u Cart-mom!! I appreciate ur input! Knowing u stayed somewhere while construction went on and not knowing it was going on makes me happy!

Old 08-25-2013, 09:42 AM   #2752
cart-mom
Busy Scout Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrabbit910
Thank u Cart-mom!! I appreciate ur input! Knowing u stayed somewhere while construction went on and not knowing it was going on makes me happy!
Your welcome. I've also been there with kids as young as 3 months so I'm all about convenience. And if there should be an issue for you, just go to guest relations and they will help make it right.

Old 08-25-2013, 10:04 AM   #2753
buzzmom12
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrykewy View Post

So you were able to use your resort mug at typhoon lagoon using this system? I'm not worried about it being hard to use, I'm just put off by some of the restrictions (e.g., time between refills; I often fill half-and-half or fill, drink some, then top off... Having to wait several minutes between fills will make this more of a chore).
No we couldnt use the resort mugs but there were sensors in all the mugs we got there. So its not fully up yet. We didnt fill ours enough to notice restrictions.
Old 08-25-2013, 10:19 AM   #2754
cart-mom
Busy Scout Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNAGEY
Hi everyone, I've been a long time follower of the thread, but never posted before. We're going to be at the Poly from 9/14-9/22. We're aware of the construction rumors involving DVC and don't really mind walls up along Tahiti or what have you during that time. What concerns us is that the DIS shows that the Volcano Pool will be closed from 9/9 - 9/20. Does anyone know if this is accurate, or if this is old news? We thought that the Pool wouldn't be an issue until January 2014.
All resort pools shut down at some point for refurb every year. When it is closed, you can use the Bw pool.

Old 08-25-2013, 10:46 AM   #2755
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNAGEY
Hi! From what I've heard, the pool is no longer going to close for refurbishment in September but will close in January for construction. I think those dates for September just have not been updated. If the pool is closed, they will have a boat just for Poly resort guests that will take them to the GF to use their pool.

Sent from my Galaxy SII
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise for 2014.

Old 08-25-2013, 10:53 AM   #2756
karriealex
When I am at the Polynesian I am home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyCrzy11 View Post
Hi! From what I've heard, the pool is no longer going to close for refurbishment in September but will close in January for construction. I think those dates for September just have not been updated. If the pool is closed, they will have a boat just for Poly resort guests that will take them to the GF to use their pool.

Sent from my Galaxy SII
And I was told by someone who checked with the guy responsible for pool refurb that the pool refurbishment was put off indefinitely. So it could either be January or not at all at this time. We don't know. We do know though that it wont be September.

The person that asked about the monorail. I highly doubt the Poly would ever allow the monorail stop to be taken out of commission. That is a HUGE draw to staying there and it would kill that if it was taken out. No worries I would say about not having monorail service.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:02 AM   #2757
karriealex

Quote:
Originally Posted by cart-mom View Post
All resort pools shut down at some point for refurb every year. When it is closed, you can use the Bw pool.
You can't use the BW pool if the Poly is down. You have to use the GF pool.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:09 AM   #2758
karriealex

Gonna try and be around to help answer questions today but not sure how long I will last, I have the double yukkies. Not only did my doc change my pain medication for my back but some sweet soul felt it necessary to share their cold with me. UGH!!
Old 08-25-2013, 11:29 AM   #2759
wilkeliza
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzmom12 View Post
I just wanted to point out Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon have been using the RFID mugs for sometime now. Ever since they started offering the refillable mugs.

Last I heard the RFID mugs are suppose to be rolled out in waves by September 1. All the resorts have the machines but not all of them have the mugs and not all the machines are on.

We were actually staying at Poly when the new machines were put in. One night Captain Cooks had the old machines next morning RFID that just weren't turned on yet.

For me the 2 minutes isn't that big of a deal. Even if I suck a soda down having to wait a minute to a minute and a half more to refill isn't that hard. You can mix drinks because the machine knows how much it put out and will let you mix until your ounces are used up. I can even down 8 oz in 2 minutes so it isn't that big of a deal to me. Disney can't please everyone and 2-3 minutes seems to be a pretty insignificant wait.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:33 AM   #2760
karriealex

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkeliza View Post
I just wanted to point out Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon have been using the RFID mugs for sometime now. Ever since they started offering the refillable mugs.

Last I heard the RFID mugs are suppose to be rolled out in waves by September 1. All the resorts have the machines but not all of them have the mugs and not all the machines are on.

We were actually staying at Poly when the new machines were put in. One night Captain Cooks had the old machines next morning RFID that just weren't turned on yet.

For me the 2 minutes isn't that big of a deal. Even if I suck a soda down having to wait a minute to a minute and a half more to refill isn't that hard. You can mix drinks because the machine knows how much it put out and will let you mix until your ounces are used up. I can even down 8 oz in 2 minutes so it isn't that big of a deal to me. Disney can't please everyone and 2-3 minutes seems to be a pretty insignificant wait.
I have to agree with this. Unless someone is standing there chugging it I don't think they will notice the wait.

Were the machines in when I was there the 4th thru the 11th of August?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: