Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2013, 07:09 AM   #2716
mistyfountain
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto3gr8boys

We are here now and have two rooms in Samoa, both with working fridges.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
We are here in Tokelau with working fridge. It's gorgeous here. Have waited 30 years to get here (!) It was worth the wait
Old 08-24-2013, 07:10 AM   #2717
jdd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by swmal View Post
Ok. We just got a letter about refrigerators. Does Anyone know if the refrigerators in Hawaii longhouse have been fixed? I just ordered two cases of water and would like them cold. We arrive on the 27th.
We had a working refrigerator (kept everything nice and cold) for our trip - just returned on Tuesday. Not sure that it was the new fridge though
March 2002, May 2003, Nov 2007 - ASMo, Nov 2005 - CSR, April 2007 - CBR, Oct 2008 - POR, Aug 2009 - FW Cabins/Beach Club, Dec 2009 - ASSp (mom/son trip), Aug-Sept 2010-POR/Poly CL, Sept 2011-Poly (mom/son trip), May2012-CBR(anniversary trip), Aug2012-WWoHP and AKL-Kidani, Aug2013-PolyCL, Feb2014-CBR, Feb2015-???
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-24-2013, 07:55 AM   #2718
buzzmom12
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by karriealex View Post

Thank you so much. That is not a bad price at all for 4 hours. Did you have to pay when you reserved or the day you rent it? I think I want to do something special like this for dh and the kids.
You pay when you rent. But you may need a cc to hold.
Old 08-24-2013, 08:20 AM   #2719
karriealex
When I am at the Polynesian I am home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzmom12 View Post
You pay when you rent. But you may need a cc to hold.
Thankies. I have a CC on record that I can hold with. Who do I call to see if one is available and to rent one? I really think this is something special I want to do for the family.
Old 08-24-2013, 08:22 AM   #2720
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

You'll call didn't recreation same number you call for tours & such u don't have it in me right now or is give it to you.. Lol
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
Old 08-24-2013, 10:26 AM   #2721
lauren1984
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Now seeing that someone is going in October and was offered the magic bands makes me believe what I heard from Disney today was correct even though she said she wasn't sure. That was that once a resort tests the magic bands they keep them. They do not stop issuing them once it goes to a new resort. I am hoping this is true. I believe CR only tested it for a month before it moved to the Poly so it being available at the Poly in October when it should be going to a new resort kinda makes me believe they do keep issuing even though they are not the main test resort anymore. Got the ticket thing fixed. They had an old style and new style card attached to my acct. The cards we were issued were the new tap cards and the ones they posted were the old slide through the machine cards. This explains why I had problems getting in a couple of times because I used my tap card at a slide through location. Although the family did the same thing with the same type of cards and they had no problem, just me. Sure hold up the line with the doofus in the wheelchair LOL. Now I know only to go to a tap entrance.
I do want to update. I was able to customize our magicbands yesterday and pick fastpasses 2 days ago. We leave at the end of October, and are 57 days out.
Old 08-24-2013, 10:27 AM   #2722
Tinkl0ver66
Earning My Ears

We are headed to the poly next June. Have been hearing some stuff about possible construction...what's the scoop? Should I be worried about staying there next summer?
Old 08-24-2013, 10:37 AM   #2723
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Quote:
Thankies. I have a CC on record that I can hold with. Who do I call to see if one is available and to rent one? I really think this is something special I want to do for the family.
The cabanas are so nice

It is $110 + tax for a standard cabana for a half day which is 10 - 2 or 3 - 7. It is $185+tax for a full day which is 10-7. While the cabana attendant is not a 'tipped' position (at least when they first started), I do tip them. They have gone above and beyond just refilling our sodas and replacing our towels. The last time we were 'bumped' to the premium cabana and she set out balloons and a cake for my daughter for free. It was one of those pixie dust moments

As long as you reserve it in advance (more than 24 hours) they guarantee a fruit tray as well and they will bring it to you when you want it. It is LOADED with beautiful fresh fruit - whole and cut. They also supply with as much canned soda and bottled water as you need. They will also come around and clean the cabana without intruding on you (they try to do that when everyone is at the pool or whatever). And you have a pager to call them whenever you need them. My favorite part are the cushy lounge chairs

While they do not get drinks or food for you, you can get drinks at the bar or go to Captain Cooks to grab food and bring it back. And if you do want to be served in the cabana, you call 'in room dining' from the cabana phone. If you want some food that is a bit more robust than Captain Cooks or you just don't want to get it yourself, that is an option but it will be room service prices. Of course, Disney will also schedule something in advance if you want even more of a food spread - just let them know.

As for the premium cabana, I THINK it is $350 for the whole day. We did get bumped up to it but I personally wouldn't book it myself. It is right next to the bar and the tables so many people think the area there - including the large dining table - is for anyone. They rope it off best they can but we still had people coming in to the area anyway. It does have the beach access though which was nice but you can't see the entire pool and slide area like you can from the standard cabanas.

For the time, they don't start much earlier than 10 because it is when they start their shift. I did check in earlier and was able to get there by 9:30 but they were just opening their window And if you book 3-7, you could arrive earlier if there is no one renting the cabana or if they have it cleared and cleaned out. Technically you still only have it for 4 hours so maybe 2-6 but when we came early the last time (at 1:30), the attendant let us stay until 7. So another reason I tip

Ok, I know you've seen the shots before, but c'mon, don't we all like seeing Poly photos again and again???

My 'grand-daughter' and her friend (my daughter's American girl and her friends' American girl doll) enjoying the couch in the premium cabana:

DD and her friend enjoying the chairs in the premium cabana. We closed the curtains because it rained for about 20 minutes:

View from the premium cabana looking out to the beach - notice the nice couch set and large dining table and then the 'rope' that is on the beach so you have a piece of the beach to yourselves:

DD and her cake - they put that together within 15 minutes of us arriving - and I didn't take a picture of the balloons but there were about 10 of them in her favorite colors!

View from top of water slide looking down - you can just see the cabanas hidden in the back of the photo:

And the standard cabana photos - note the smaller table but it fits 4 comfortably and still has the amenities like the premium cabana - TV, stocked fridge, phone, radio/ipod docking station, comfy chairs and lounges, curtains to pull back, etc:

Looks like DD is a little Vanna She was so excited and that was so much fun to rent the cabana. It really ended up being a highlight of the trip. We all got to relax and enjoy each other's company and while I am a GO GO GO person, I really enjoyed just STOP STOP STOP ing for a bit

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Old 08-24-2013, 10:51 AM   #2724
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

As always, my Poly peeps ROCK! Thanks for everyone posting that you were able to do FP+ and magic bands. As soon as I read all your posts a couple days ago, I wondered why I couldn't do this (and I really wanted to). Well, I tried again the other night and voila! I was able to do FP+ and customize the magic bands!!!

And yesterday I found a SW flight a day earlier which was the same price (love southwest since they let me do this without charging change fees) so we have an extra day!! Unfortunately, the Poly is completely booked (or possibly the rooms are being taken out of the system due to the construction and such). So while I could not check in a day earlier to the Poly, I was able to add a day on to our Hilton Bonnet Creek reservation for free (I'm a Hilton Honors member and have lots of points). So we are switching our waterpark day to when we stay at HBC and then I added another park day to our tickets. I was worried this would affect our FP+ or wipe it out but the CM said it wouldn't...and it didn't. So cool!!!

If anyone is at the Poly 10/13 - 18, say hi to us - that's our family below. I've met some of you before and it is so cool to see someone you chat with for YEARS in person!! And its my BIG bday celebration (you know, the umpteenth anniversary of my 29th ) so we will be in celebrating mode

Hmm, seems I don't have a family photo that is recent but this one is from 2011 so close enough! DH and I still look like this and the kids do too, we are all just 2 years older!

Well, here is a photo from last year, but it is with more of my siblings and other family members and DH isn't in it...and it was taken at Coronado Springs, but oh well - I'm on the far left in the pink yukata, DS is in the black jinbei, and DD is in the yellow yukata. Yes, we all trucked through Epcot in our yukatas and jinbeis and had dinner in Japan where my Japanese brother took us to eat and learn about Japanese culture. Oh, he lives in Japan and has for a decade but he's the caucasian in the back - his boyfriend is Japanese and barely speaks English - it made for a hilarious Disney trip!!

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Old 08-24-2013, 12:32 PM   #2725
karriealex

Thank you SO much for all the information on the Cabana! I am so excited. I just called and it was available and I booked it. I am so psyched. My husband is going to be so surprised. My eldest son knows about this but my youngest does not and neither does my dh. I think I am going to keep it that way. I was really shocked that they had the exact time and day I wanted it. I have it set up for our arrival day at 3-7. I figure we can hit the park and then come back to the resort and go to the cabana, then to our room to change, then off to dinner at Ohana at 7:45. This is going to work out perfectly. YIPEEEEE!! Up until I got on this thread I never knew you could do this at the resort and we have been there many times.

Quote:
Tinkl0ver66 We are headed to the poly next June. Have been hearing some stuff about possible construction...what's the scoop? Should I be worried about staying there next summer?
There will be construction at the resort but no one knows how extensive it will be by then. They have already started to a degree. I cannot imagine that the Poly would allow it to disturb the guests to a great degree. I think they will probably keep it as low key as they possibly can. There is talk of the pool being worked on but when I spoke with them they said it was put off indefinitely. Others have heard differently. The person I spoke to though had spoken to the person in charge of any pool refurbishments. If the pool should be out of commission though there is a boat that will take you to GF and you can use their pool. You can also use GF's fitness and sauna rooms. This has nothing to do with the construction though it is just something you can do because you are a Poly guest. The fitness room though called the GF fitness room is actually between the two resorts. I myself am not going to worry about any construction. Yes there may be walls up and a tiny bit of noise but I don't think it will take away from my experience. I'm sure I can find enough of the resort where this isn't going on to keep the magic and tranquility. We are not really view people since we never really open our curtains so if there are walls near us we wont see it. My main thing is the whole tranquility of the resort and I know there will be enough of it not effected that it won't be spoiled for me.
Old 08-24-2013, 12:52 PM   #2726
Chavaleh
Mouseketeer

Hubby and I checked in today. Got exactly the room I wanted, Tuvalu 3rd floor. It's beautiful. The ac is nice and strong. Our sliding door is pretty filthy on the outside. I wonder if housekeeping would hate us if we asked for it to be cleaned. The fridge seems brand new.
Old 08-24-2013, 12:54 PM   #2727
karriealex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chavaleh View Post
Hubby and I checked in today. Got exactly the room I wanted, Tuvalu 3rd floor. It's beautiful. The ac is nice and strong. Our sliding door is pretty filthy on the outside. I wonder if housekeeping would hate us if we asked for it to be cleaned. The fridge seems brand new.
I don't think they would have a problem with it at all. A lot of people keep their drapes closed and mousekeeping may not have realized it was dirty especially if they were cleaning it in the evening. I would call and ask them to come over and clean it.
Old 08-24-2013, 04:15 PM   #2728
buckeyecinderella
Mouseketeer

Poly Fans,

Help!

We are checking in Sept 21 for 6 nights, room only. Still no Magic Bands. Should I be concerned or call tech support? I've linked my reservations and MNSSHP tix. I will link park tickets as soon as I receive them. Have not done online check in. Any ideas why I have not been offered MBs yet? I'd really like to be a part of the test. :-)

Thanks!
Old 08-24-2013, 04:42 PM   #2729
karriealex

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyecinderella View Post
Poly Fans,

Help!

We are checking in Sept 21 for 6 nights, room only. Still no Magic Bands. Should I be concerned or call tech support? I've linked my reservations and MNSSHP tix. I will link park tickets as soon as I receive them. Have not done online check in. Any ideas why I have not been offered MBs yet? I'd really like to be a part of the test. :-)

Thanks!
Might be that you have not yet done online check in. If you do that and still don't see it I would call the internet department of Disney World. They were able to help me straighten out my account yesterday.
Old 08-24-2013, 05:10 PM   #2730
astehlik30
Earning My Ears

[QUOTE="Tinkerbellie16;49376080"]As always, my Poly peeps ROCK! Thanks for everyone posting that you were able to do FP+ and magic bands. As soon as I read all your posts a couple days ago, I wondered why I couldn't do this (and I really wanted to). Well, I tried again the other night and voila! I was able to do FP+ and customize the magic bands!!!

And yesterday I found a SW flight a day earlier which was the same price (love southwest since they let me do this without charging change fees) so we have an extra day!! Unfortunately, the Poly is completely booked (or possibly the rooms are being taken out of the system due to the construction and such). So while I could not check in a day earlier to the Poly, I was able to add a day on to our Hilton Bonnet Creek reservation for free (I'm a Hilton Honors member and have lots of points). So we are switching our waterpark day to when we stay at HBC and then I added another park day to our tickets. I was worried this would affect our FP+ or wipe it out but the CM said it wouldn't...and it didn't. So cool!!!

If anyone is at the Poly 10/13 - 18, say hi to us - that's our family below. I've met some of you before and it is so cool to see someone you chat with for YEARS in person!! And its my BIG bday celebration (you know, the umpteenth anniversary of my 29th ) so we will be in celebrating mode

We will be arriving October 13 for my birthday also. Have a great trip and a happy birthday!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: