Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 02:02 PM   #2701
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Joyces View Post

There are several restaurants at the Poly that all WDW guests are welcome to use. As long as that's the case, there will always be people coming to the Poly who don't have a room there, but have a legitimate reason to be there. I know I've gone there many times to go to 'Ohana and looked around the resort while I was there. I've done the same at WL, Boardwalk, and CR.
I think what she meant was ppl who come & hang out on the beach & at the pool when they don't have a room & ill agree that even in off times it's annoying not to be able to get a lounge chair or regular chair near the pool or on the beach..
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
Old 08-23-2013, 06:46 PM   #2702
karriealex
When I am at the Polynesian I am home!

Okay this is weird. I just went to My Disney to look at the info on FP+ and the magic bands. Now I entered our AP numbers in as soon as we returned and there was nothing there when I did it but now it shows two different tickets for each person with two different numbers. I am afraid to disable the ones that don't have the numbers that are on our cards for fear it will effect our current cards. Anyone know who I could call? I don't want magic bands to be effected if we are able to do them in December.
Register to remove

Old 08-23-2013, 07:16 PM   #2703
swmal
Mouseketeer

Ok. We just got a letter about refrigerators. Does Anyone know if the refrigerators in Hawaii longhouse have been fixed? I just ordered two cases of water and would like them cold. We arrive on the 27th.
Old 08-23-2013, 07:28 PM   #2704
buzzmom12
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swmal View Post
Ok. We just got a letter about refrigerators. Does Anyone know if the refrigerators in Hawaii longhouse have been fixed? I just ordered two cases of water and would like them cold. We arrive on the 27th.
Ours worked this week.
Old 08-23-2013, 07:43 PM   #2705
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

Quote:
Originally Posted by swmal
I also got a letter about the refrigerators today. My understanding was that they were all replaced.

Sent from my Galaxy SII
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise in 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise in 2014. BC stay and Eastern Caribbean Cruise in 2015!!

Old 08-23-2013, 09:13 PM   #2706
Stitch'sCousin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by swmal View Post
Ours worked at the start of August.
Old 08-23-2013, 09:28 PM   #2707
karriealex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitch'sCousin View Post
Ours worked at the start of August.
Ours worked in the middle of August in both rooms. Started out in one room and was switched to another. Hoping all are working at the resort when we get there in December as we are not staying CL
Old 08-23-2013, 10:31 PM   #2708
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine View Post
Yall! Check out my ticker! In exactly two weeks we leave for Orlando! Two weeks and a day we will be at Universal Studios/IOA and two weeks and two days checking into the Poly CL!! I still cant wait to see my hubbys face when he sees all his surprises! The ones I cant wait to see his face for is the cabana rental and the limo! I know he will love the barber shop appt and the behind the seeds tour as well..

Atleast this weekend will be busy so I can try and keep my mind from going crazy! Tonight is my family birthday dinner, (Sun is my birthday) Sat we have the movies and dinner with friends. Sun we will just relax and rent movies and my mom and sons will come over for pizza!
Then there is Labor Day with friends out on the lake.. 9/3 I have to take my mom for a biopsy on her lung (they found a spot) so pls keep us in your prayers, it is a outpatient, non evasive procedure, no idea how but Im very thankful for that..

Poor hubby has been working over time and killing himself at his very laborious job he certainly needs this vacation!
Sounds like life is busy, exciting, and also worrisome for you. Hoping for the best outcome for your mom and a quick 2 weeks so you can enjoy the Poly and all those surprises!!

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Old 08-23-2013, 10:37 PM   #2709
White Rose
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren1984 View Post
Hi There,

This is my first post - my family is going to be staying at the Poly for 10 days in October and I'm very excited for the prospect of having Magicbands. For those that do have the bands, or who have been able to customize them how far ahead of time are you able to do so?

We're 59 days out and were able to check in yesterday with no issues, but I'm not able to customize FP+ or Magicbands.

That said, we are still a ways out. Thanks a ton
We are staying Oct 6 to 13th and we got access to MB today and FP+ yesterday we are 45 days out.
10/11/15 - 10/16/15 Adult Exclusive ABD Southern California
Past Trips:
2013: Poly, Platinum Plan, 10th Anniversary, Disney Dream
2008: Poly, Platinum Plan 5th anniversary
2003: AKL. Platinum Plan Honeymoon (Grand Marshals: HS Stars and Cars Parade) <picture below>
http://loonbeam.smugmug.com/Travel/2...on/i-pccprjq/A
1999: POFQ
1992: Swan
1986: CR
1980: Golf Resort / Disney Inn (Now Shades of Green)
Old 08-23-2013, 11:40 PM   #2710
BabyFu18
DIS Veteran

As far as refrigerators we are in Samoa and our refrigerator was working but it was only cool not cold called down to get a replacement because I've got medications that need to be kept cold and they brought a small refrigerator that is much smaller than the regular refrigerators but of course it's plenty big for medications and a couple bottles of water.

Anyways, point of the story the maintenance man who brought us the replacement said that the refrigerators weren't supposed to stay cold only cool, however that just doesn't seem right to me especially since they were supposed to be replacing them all. I will say the one in our room that was cool (not cold) certainly didn't look new.

I'm thinking most rooms will have a working refrigerator but how well they work might still be in question.

On a completely other note, I'm happy to see the Poly has some new resort specific merchandise since the last time I was here. A cute iPhone case, tshirt, keychain, plastic cup and shot glass all with a cute retro looking Polynesian resort design. Love seeing more stuff like that, what I really want though is a Poly sweatshirt! Hope to start to see more and more resort specific merchandise in the future.
Old 08-23-2013, 11:45 PM   #2711
karriealex

bluejasmine I am saying prayers and keeping my fingers crossed that everything works out the way you want it to. It sounds like you have an awesome vacation planned.

Now seeing that someone is going in October and was offered the magic bands makes me believe what I heard from Disney today was correct even though she said she wasn't sure. That was that once a resort tests the magic bands they keep them. They do not stop issuing them once it goes to a new resort. I am hoping this is true. I believe CR only tested it for a month before it moved to the Poly so it being available at the Poly in October when it should be going to a new resort kinda makes me believe they do keep issuing even though they are not the main test resort anymore. Got the ticket thing fixed. They had an old style and new style card attached to my acct. The cards we were issued were the new tap cards and the ones they posted were the old slide through the machine cards. This explains why I had problems getting in a couple of times because I used my tap card at a slide through location. Although the family did the same thing with the same type of cards and they had no problem, just me. Sure hold up the line with the doofus in the wheelchair LOL. Now I know only to go to a tap entrance.
Old 08-24-2013, 07:18 AM   #2712
karriealex

Does anyone know the times for and the cost of renting a standard Cabana? I am thinking I may do that for our December trip.
Old 08-24-2013, 07:28 AM   #2713
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-Day View Post
Got our magic bands yesterday for September 7 arrival at the Polynesian. Also got the letter yesterday advising that refrigerators may not be available.

Any additional updates from current or recent visitors regarding refrigerators?
We are here now and have two rooms in Samoa, both with working fridges.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Old 08-24-2013, 07:42 AM   #2714
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by karriealex View Post
Does anyone know the times for and the cost of renting a standard Cabana? I am thinking I may do that for our December trip.
I know you can do half a day or all day I have half a day rental 10-2 & with tax it's $118
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
Old 08-24-2013, 08:07 AM   #2715
karriealex

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine View Post
I know you can do half a day or all day I have half a day rental 10-2 & with tax it's $118
Thank you so much. That is not a bad price at all for 4 hours. Did you have to pay when you reserved or the day you rent it? I think I want to do something special like this for dh and the kids.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: