Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 09:51 PM   #2686
karriealex
When I am at the Polynesian I am home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbiembyrdrowan View Post
We were there in July and our room (castle view) had a fridge. Don't laugh but I would take a small wisk broom for the patio. I'm sure they clean, but it's FL, bugs, webs...
Look for Rabbits! Plan to be on the monorail by 8 to get to MK by 8:45. Don't use POLY bus to AK. Walk to TTC and use theirs, no extra stops. Pool was favorite thing of whole trip & get bartender to customize you a smoothie!

***take your EPIPEN if you are allergic to BEES!***
I got stung just walking by the pool.
My eldest son was stung on the peoplemover going into Space Mountain. I was shocked when I learned the castmember told him to walk over to the first aid. They had no idea if he was allergic as he had never been stung before and should have called first aid to him. Thankfully he was not allergic but the resort did offer to call a doctor to us to check him out. I thought that was so sweet of them. They learned about it when I had asked who I would contact to suggest that if this happens again that they should call medical services to the person.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:59 PM   #2687
gypsydoodlebug
Who DOESN'T love Fraggle Rock? I have to admit, Gobo Fraggle was kinda hot...
all of a sudden I sound like a Beverly Hillbilly??!?!
I can't tell the chicks from the dudes on here

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren1984 View Post
Hi There,

This is my first post - my family is going to be staying at the Poly for 10 days in October and I'm very excited for the prospect of having Magicbands. For those that do have the bands, or who have been able to customize them how far ahead of time are you able to do so?

We're 59 days out and were able to check in yesterday with no issues, but I'm not able to customize FP+ or Magicbands.

That said, we are still a ways out. Thanks a ton
I'm 42 days out and could make FP+ selections tonight but cannot customize my MB. I have been stalking it for days and it literally opened up in the last 3 hours. We check in on 10/3.

**Newly minted VGF DVC members**
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-22-2013, 10:20 PM   #2688
mindy20
Mouseketeer

We arrive Sept. 16 at the Poly. I tried to customize Magic Bands a week ago with no luck, so I called about magic bands. They told me I will be notified 17 days out if I get to participate. I read on another board to do online check and that will make your magic bands be able to customize. Sure enough by last night I could customize the bands and do fast pass plus. I never received letter in the mail. Also make sure to link you resort reservation to My Disney Experience. Good Luck !
Old 08-22-2013, 10:26 PM   #2689
samacita
Mouseketeer

Oh no! I haven't been checking in to DIS much lately (have a sweet new baby at home) so I am completely in the dark about magic bands. I suddenly have a lot of research to do!!
Old 08-23-2013, 05:10 AM   #2690
Mommy Poppins
Admitted Disneyholic - No Cure Wanted
Dreams of tag fairies and pretty colors
Will be spending my birthday at the WL

Quote:
Originally Posted by karriealex View Post
You can't put kids in with you in a king room or so I have heard. The beds in the regular rooms are Queens though and they have a daybed.
Yes, I know. We have two rooms booked. We had a king room and a standard room at POR and I was hoping to be able to request the same thing at Poly.

Our Vow Renewal 5/1/06 - Family Trip 9/2013 & Senior Pictures
Old 08-23-2013, 05:14 AM   #2691
Mommy Poppins
Admitted Disneyholic - No Cure Wanted
Dreams of tag fairies and pretty colors
Will be spending my birthday at the WL

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
Congrats on the switch .
Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyCrzy11 View Post
Yay!! I think you all will love it!!

Thanks! We've stayed there before and it is beautiful. We were there for our honeymoon 20 years ago and we've stayed once or twice since then when our kids were younger. I'm just really partial to the TPV at the CR. But, I know the Poly will be very soothing for us during this trip!

Our Vow Renewal 5/1/06 - Family Trip 9/2013 & Senior Pictures
Old 08-23-2013, 07:43 AM   #2692
IlovemesomeGoofy
Earning My Ears

I have a random question...does anyone know what time movies on the beach start in November? (If they have them)??

JP and PJ

Family Trip, April 2009 Off-site
PJ's 1st Disney Trip, November 2012 POR]
Honeymoon Trip, November 2013 POLY/POR!!!
Mitchell Family First Visit and ME!, February 2014 All Star Music
Old 08-23-2013, 07:57 AM   #2693
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

Yall! Check out my ticker! In exactly two weeks we leave for Orlando! Two weeks and a day we will be at Universal Studios/IOA and two weeks and two days checking into the Poly CL!! I still cant wait to see my hubbys face when he sees all his surprises! The ones I cant wait to see his face for is the cabana rental and the limo! I know he will love the barber shop appt and the behind the seeds tour as well..

Atleast this weekend will be busy so I can try and keep my mind from going crazy! Tonight is my family birthday dinner, (Sun is my birthday) Sat we have the movies and dinner with friends. Sun we will just relax and rent movies and my mom and sons will come over for pizza!
Then there is Labor Day with friends out on the lake.. 9/3 I have to take my mom for a biopsy on her lung (they found a spot) so pls keep us in your prayers, it is a outpatient, non evasive procedure, no idea how but Im very thankful for that..

Poor hubby has been working over time and killing himself at his very laborious job he certainly needs this vacation!
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
Old 08-23-2013, 09:25 AM   #2694
DeborahB
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine View Post
Yall! Check out my ticker! In exactly two weeks we leave for Orlando! Two weeks and a day we will be at Universal Studios/IOA and two weeks and two days checking into the Poly CL!! I still cant wait to see my hubbys face when he sees all his surprises! The ones I cant wait to see his face for is the cabana rental and the limo! I know he will love the barber shop appt and the behind the seeds tour as well..

Atleast this weekend will be busy so I can try and keep my mind from going crazy! Tonight is my family birthday dinner, (Sun is my birthday) Sat we have the movies and dinner with friends. Sun we will just relax and rent movies and my mom and sons will come over for pizza!
Then there is Labor Day with friends out on the lake.. 9/3 I have to take my mom for a biopsy on her lung (they found a spot) so pls keep us in your prayers, it is a outpatient, non evasive procedure, no idea how but Im very thankful for that..

Poor hubby has been working over time and killing himself at his very laborious job he certainly needs this vacation!

Sounds like you have a wonderful trip planned! Can't wait to hear about it when you return. Happy Birthday as well!

Best wishes for your mom
Old 08-23-2013, 11:13 AM   #2695
BabyFu18
DIS Veteran

Today at the beach in front of the pool I was laying out after being in the main pool for awhile and a CM came by and started giving out wrist bands. Didn't noticed anyone having them yesterday so maybe they only do it on the weekends or high traffic days.

Old 08-23-2013, 11:43 AM   #2696
buzzmom12
Mouseketeer

Just leaving today. We have been in cl since Sunday. We had a great time. Love the new rooms and all the extra shelf room in the bathroom. Cl was great everyone was very helpful and friendly. The pool was fun. I really never thought it was too crowded. My kids loved the slide. We also rented a cabana for the day while we were there. Park crowds were manageable and we did everything we wanted to do. Mk was crowded getting in because the left entrance is bands only now. Loved bbb my daughter was Belle. Ate at chef mickeys dinner, ohana am, via napoli, 1900 park faire both breakfast and dinner (didnt care for dinner), cinderella castle and crystal palace and hoop dee doo. It was hot so we did everything early and took afternoon breaks. We did not have the bands. I can try to answer any questions u have.
Old 08-23-2013, 11:48 AM   #2697
Princess Katherine
The Yeti's Girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyFu18 View Post
Today at the beach in front of the pool I was laying out after being in the main pool for awhile and a CM came by and started giving out wrist bands. Didn't noticed anyone having them yesterday so maybe they only do it on the weekends or high traffic days.
When I was there two weeks ago they were handing them out. I think it's just common now. Thank God! I hate people who come to the Poly who don't have a room there.

Katie
Old 08-23-2013, 11:53 AM   #2698
buzzmom12
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Katherine View Post

When I was there two weeks ago they were handing them out. I think it's just common now. Thank God! I hate people who come to the Poly who don't have a room there.

Katie
We didnt see them ask at all this week. Maybe they are only doing weekends now!
Old 08-23-2013, 12:42 PM   #2699
cruisinaz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsydoodlebug View Post
I'm 42 days out and could make FP+ selections tonight but cannot customize my MB. I have been stalking it for days and it literally opened up in the last 3 hours. We check in on 10/3.
I was on the phone with Disney earlier and they said the customize option is still in the works. Someday it will be smooth

Disneyland/California Adventure April, 2011; April 2010; May 2009

Other cruise lines:
Carnival Breeze - December 2, 2012
Oasis of the Seas - December 11, 2010
Jewel of the Seas - December, 2005
Sensation - September, 2005
Destiny - December, 2004
Paradise - May, 2004
Holiday - May, 2001
Old 08-23-2013, 12:49 PM   #2700
4Joyces
Type A and proud of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Katherine View Post

Katie
There are several restaurants at the Poly that all WDW guests are welcome to use. As long as that's the case, there will always be people coming to the Poly who don't have a room there, but have a legitimate reason to be there. I know I've gone there many times to go to 'Ohana and looked around the resort while I was there. I've done the same at WL, Boardwalk, and CR.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: