Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 02:31 PM   #256
mom2of2
Let the good times strolllllll!
Don't we just get tickeled at the smallest things?

With all the rain we've had you will see the palmetto bugs more. The big ones are ok, they don't mean dirt or filth....that would be the little ones and they are roaches.
I know no one likes to see them but it is Florida outside and they are residents.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:53 PM   #257
Mommy to Kayla
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2of2 View Post
With all the rain we've had you will see the palmetto bugs more. The big ones are ok, they don't mean dirt or filth....that would be the little ones and they are roaches.
I know no one likes to see them but it is Florida outside and they are residents.
I figured that but it was just a surprise to find on our first night at the Poly. Still love the resort and our wonderful room with the best view!! Not sure how we can stay elsewhere from now on. Roach (palmetto) and all, lol!
July 1- 5, 2013 - Polynesian Resort, Walt Disneyworld

January 1-5, 2014 - Paradise Pier, Disneyland
July 28-August 2, 2014 - Split stay at Grand Californian Hotel and Disneyland Hotel

(other trips to Disneyland and Disneyland Paris as a kid but it's so much more fun now as a mommy!)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-02-2013, 03:27 PM   #258
Mommy to Kayla
Mouseketeer

Just got back to the poly from Epcot and the construction wall for the new fire pit is down! It's done. The new fire pit looks great and now the beach is wide open!

July 28-August 2, 2014 - Split stay at Grand Californian Hotel and Disneyland Hotel

(other trips to Disneyland and Disneyland Paris as a kid but it's so much more fun now as a mommy!)
Old 07-02-2013, 03:41 PM   #259
Dizneefamily+4
Wish I could live in Cinderella's Castle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marjx3 View Post
Not to bring up a sour topic, but I thought that fellow Poly lovers might want a heads up. We just returned from a 6 night 7 day stay at the Poly, our 7th consecutive trip at this amazing resort. Unfortunately this particular trip was a bit crowded. Please note I am not getting into a debate or putting down another culture, it is simply the shear size of these groups that is the problem. That being said we were in Tokelau 2nd floor which was for the large part also occupied by a Brazillian tour group.

For the price we pay for this resort we were disappointed that we were woke up on several occasions well after 2am by kids running through the hallways, banging doors as well as being woke up at 5am. We couldn't use the laundry services because they would be using the facilities in large groups for several hours, during the late evening 11:00pm on there would be anywhere from 10 to 30 kids laying in the hallways with their blankets, pillows and shoes thrown all over the hallways (and would not budge to let us through). I could drown on and on about Capt'n Cooks, the monorail and bus waits caused by such a large group. I was naive enough to believe staying at a deluxe would spare us the inconvenience of these extremely large groups. Unfortunately it soured our experience for a resort we have come to love and cherish.
Yikes! We usually travel in mid-Aug., but due to some scheduling conflicts this year, we'll be at the Poly from 7/31-8/8. I know that the BTGs are typically in the World in July and maybe the first few days of Aug., so we thought we might encounter them in the parks this trip. However, I thought they typically stayed in the Values or at POR - kind of like the Pop Warner groups. I'm surprised they'd all be staying in that many pricey deluxe rooms. I'm a little nervous now about our Poly stay. I just don't want to have to deal with the noise and crowd of a large tour group - that's why we chose Poly (and I have nothing against the race/ethnicity of the group, I'd prefer to avoid ALL large tour groups at my resort regardless of their age/ethnicity/race, etc.!)
'10 - POR/WL
Aug. '11 - POLY
Aug. '12 - POFQ
Aug. '13 - POLY
Old 07-02-2013, 05:09 PM   #260
BigTex71
DIS Dad #536
Bring it!
It's a conspiracy, I tell you! <300 ;)

We are going to be staying at my dream resort (the Poly) for the first time for our upcoming trip 7/30 - 8/6. I am so excited I was able to talk DW into letting me upgrade to the Poly from POR. It is just a standard room (it is all I can afford - even at the TA rate!), but I am sure it will still be awesome!

Looks like a few of you will be there at the same time. Cool.
DIS Dad Club Member #536
2012 DisDads Fantasy Baseball Champion - Jungle (Nelson) Cruz

Wanna Read My PTR? Your Stunned Silence Is VERY Reassuring (Jan/Feb 2011)
A Private Dance With Cinderella...Our Surprise Trip Jan/Feb 2011

me dw ds(13) dd(7)

Old 07-02-2013, 05:54 PM   #261
jenluvs2go2disney
Mouseketeer

I saw on the Tikkiman fb page that the Poly volcano pool will close in January. I had called disney today and they told me that it would be open in September. However, I was just looking at the section that says subscribe for daily on the front page of disboards that is labeled 7/2/13 WDW railroad to close for several weeks. It lists the closures. This has the poly volcano pool closed 9/9 - 9/20, just like another poster saw on a different fb page. Any insight on where they get the info that is posted here on disboards? Is this an advertisement or part of disboards?
Old 07-02-2013, 06:28 PM   #262
TJA
DIS Veteran

I just wanted to post a picture of our view from 1503. The WIshes show was spectacular last night.....so nice to sit right on the patio to watch. The only negative is the tree on the left does cut into the fireworks, but it's still a fabulous view. Bear with me as I just installed photobucket app and will attempt to post the picture.

http://i1344.photobucket.com/albums/...ps5f0cf446.jpg
2006 ~ YC & BC
2007 ~ Poly & BC & CR
2008 ~ POR & WL & BC
2009 ~ CBR & BC CL
2010 ~ Poly & CR / BC CL
2011 ~ BC CL & Poly CL
2012 ~ WL & BC CL / CR CL
2013 ~ BC CL & Poly CL & WL CL
2014 ~ Poly CL TPV & BC CL, Poly CL TPV again

Last edited by TJA; 07-02-2013 at 06:42 PM.
Old 07-02-2013, 07:32 PM   #263
Mrs K
Mouseketeer

We got home last night after a fantastic stay at the Poly. We only saw a tour group once, and I didn't even know that they were staying there. Never saw them at either pool or in Capt Cooks. The resort was less crowded than in previous years when we have been there in July and August. We stayed club level and the new rooms in Hawaii are beautiful. Offerings are less varied, but seemed plentiful. We had two celebrations, and had tons of magical surprises. It was our 10th time staying CL and it was so nice to see familiar faces. Ivette in the morning is the best and mousekeeping was great. Everything was spotless. 13th visit and it was the best yet!!

Dixilandings 1994
Poly 1997,'98,'99,'01,'02,'03,'04,'06,'07,'09
Grand Floridian July 2011, Back to the Poly June 2013, Trying the Beach Club March 2014
Old 07-02-2013, 07:47 PM   #264
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJA View Post
I just wanted to post a picture of our view from 1503. The WIshes show was spectacular last night.....so nice to sit right on the patio to watch. The only negative is the tree on the left does cut into the fireworks, but it's still a fabulous view. Bear with me as I just installed photobucket app and will attempt to post the picture.

http://i1344.photobucket.com/albums/...ps5f0cf446.jpg
Very nice view
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 11/14 - Split Stay???
Me DH DD22 DD16 Maud Marie

Old 07-02-2013, 08:15 PM   #265
dew4378
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs K
We got home last night after a fantastic stay at the Poly. We only saw a tour group once, and I didn't even know that they were staying there. Never saw them at either pool or in Capt Cooks. The resort was less crowded than in previous years when we have been there in July and August. We stayed club level and the new rooms in Hawaii are beautiful. Offerings are less varied, but seemed plentiful. We had two celebrations, and had tons of magical surprises. It was our 10th time staying CL and it was so nice to see familiar faces. Ivette in the morning is the best and mousekeeping was great. Everything was spotless. 13th visit and it was the best yet!!
Thanks for the update. We leave Sunday for a CL stay at Poly and I was starting to worry!

DEW4378
Old 07-02-2013, 08:40 PM   #266
TJA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dew4378 View Post

Thanks for the update. We leave Sunday for a CL stay at Poly and I was starting to worry!
No need to worry at all! We are here in Hawaii now and it's wonderful. The rooms are very nice....love the bathrooms and spacious countertops. Housekeeping has been perfect. Food in the lounge delicious. My kids are finding a lot that they enjoy from the corn dogs to the strawberries dipped in caramel sauce, they are very satisfied. The CM's in the lounge are very helpful and friendly.
2006 ~ YC & BC
2007 ~ Poly & BC & CR
2008 ~ POR & WL & BC
2009 ~ CBR & BC CL
2010 ~ Poly & CR / BC CL
2011 ~ BC CL & Poly CL
2012 ~ WL & BC CL / CR CL
2013 ~ BC CL & Poly CL & WL CL
2014 ~ Poly CL TPV & BC CL, Poly CL TPV again
Old 07-02-2013, 08:40 PM   #267
MommaNinja
Earning My Ears

We are enjoying our first stay at Poly! (Checked in on Sunday.) I had requested a renovated room but didn't get one. That's ok though...we Re in Tahiti which is a great location being so close to TTC. We are having a blast! We have only seen the tour groups in the parks but they seem to be much tamer than described on the boards. I hope this rain continues... It drives people out of the parks! I was expecting longer lines than we have encountered so far! Thanks for all the advice / input on these boards! We couldn't be happier with our resort choice!
Old 07-02-2013, 09:21 PM   #268
happymomof1
DIS Veteran

Hi, I have 2 silly questions, but, nevertheless, they are things that I've been thinking of. First, the 2nd floor rooms that do not have balconies, are those sliding glass doors that open to let the breeze in, or are they all permanently closed? Lastly, are the lei's that are given at check in fresh flowers or are they fake/silks?
Just wondering...... Thanks!
Old 07-02-2013, 09:39 PM   #269
Mommy to Kayla
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dew4378 View Post

I haven't seen any either here at Poly CL. Now I have seen A LOT at the parks. But they are not rude or obnoxious or anything, just a lot of people.

Old 07-02-2013, 09:40 PM   #270
Mommy to Kayla
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by happymomof1 View Post
Hi, I have 2 silly questions, but, nevertheless, they are things that I've been thinking of. First, the 2nd floor rooms that do not have balconies, are those sliding glass doors that open to let the breeze in, or are they all permanently closed? Lastly, are the lei's that are given at check in fresh flowers or are they fake/silks?
Just wondering...... Thanks!
Not sure about your first question as I am in a 3rd floor room but the leis are unfortunately fake/silk.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: