Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 12:27 PM   #2416
Mommy Poppins
Admitted Disneyholic - No Cure Wanted
Dreams of tag fairies and pretty colors
Will be spending my birthday at the WL

We are headed to Disney in 3 weeks before my DH deploys. We are booked at PO Riverside with free dining. I really want to switch to a monorail resort--and my kids want to stay at the Polynesian for something different since we have usually stayed at CR.

Is it wrong that my biggest problem with the upgrade is that I hate the thought of making the call and being on the phone with the CM forever??? LOL

Our Vow Renewal 5/1/06 - Family Trip 9/2013 & Senior Pictures
Old 08-16-2013, 12:30 PM   #2417
karriealex
When I am at the Polynesian I am home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy Poppins View Post
We are headed to Disney in 3 weeks before my DH deploys. We are booked at PO Riverside with free dining. I really want to switch to a monorail resort--and my kids want to stay at the Polynesian for something different since we have usually stayed at CR.

Is it wrong that my biggest problem with the upgrade is that I hate the thought of making the call and being on the phone with the CM forever??? LOL
I just switched from POFQ to the Poly yesterday and was only on the phone a couple of minutes with the CM. She was very nice and efficient.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-16-2013, 12:44 PM   #2418
karriealex

Wow I bought some Disney pins for my kids to trade on our next trip and they are due to arrive today. I just bought them Wednesday morning. The kids are going to be besides themselves. They are dying to get into them to see if there are any sets in there and to see all the different one they got.
Old 08-16-2013, 01:34 PM   #2419
leannak
Mouseketeer

LOVE the pictures, Tinkerbellie - what a cute family!

I can't believe the leis are scented - how FUN! It doesn't make sense that the Poly isn't consistent with handing them out. Maybe they need to give CMs buttons like they do at restaurants, "If I fail to suggest dessert, it's free!". How about, "If I don't give you a lei, you get a free Dole Whip!"
Old 08-16-2013, 01:36 PM   #2420
leannak
Mouseketeer

Red face

OK, now that I re-read my post above, I think a lot of CMs would refuse to wear a button like that.

Still, I think the flower leis need to be mandatory and consistent. I can't WAIT to get ours and I DON'T WANNA HAVE TO ASK!!
Old 08-16-2013, 01:38 PM   #2421
Jrabbit910
Keep Calm and get your Sparkle on!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leannak View Post
OK, now that I re-read my post above, I think a lot of CMs would refuse to wear a button like that.

Still, I think the flower leis need to be mandatory and consistent. I can't WAIT to get ours and I DON'T WANNA HAVE TO ASK!!
I thought the button idea was hysterical!!! Lol good idea
Old 08-16-2013, 01:39 PM   #2422
karriealex

Quote:
Originally Posted by leannak View Post

ROFL Too funny. We have always gotten them on check in. This time we got real ones because it was our anniversary. We got the silk ones too.
Old 08-16-2013, 02:17 PM   #2423
cart-mom
Busy Scout Mom

Made the move today. just changed our BC reservation to the Poly - 8/31-9/7. DH asked last night if it was even possible. Thought there would be no rooms left. The kids were kinda bummed. They wanted SAB but I think they will enjoy the volcano slide and how can you go wrong with the Poly? Now to change my mindset from being walking distance to Epcot to being back at the Poly with all it has to offer. Done.

Old 08-16-2013, 02:27 PM   #2424
karriealex

Quote:
Originally Posted by cart-mom View Post
Made the move today. just changed our BC reservation to the Poly - 8/31-9/7. DH asked last night if it was even possible. Thought there would be no rooms left. The kids were kinda bummed. They wanted SAB but I think they will enjoy the volcano slide and how can you go wrong with the Poly? Now to change my mindset from being walking distance to Epcot to being back at the Poly with all it has to offer. Done.
Congratulations on the move to the Poly!! Once the kids get into the volcano pool, use the slide, and participate in the games, SAB will be a distant memory. LOL
Old 08-16-2013, 02:32 PM   #2425
karriealex

Well our next stay at the Poly will be a much quieter one. My DH snores like a freight train. I just bit the bullet a few minutes ago and bought him one of those Pure Sleep things for snoring. I really hope it works. The kids even said to me on this last trip that they could see why I sleep on the couch a lot. DH was keeping them up too. Now I will hopefully have peace and quiet at home and we will all have a much more peaceful vacation.
Old 08-16-2013, 02:40 PM   #2426
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

Steve just posted some major new about the construction that is starting this September. It will affect the beach areas and some views In current longhouses. One of those is Hawaii. I am not a happy camper right now

Trips: Many before DS, 2013- DS 1st trip Poly CL, 2014-BLT LV
Old 08-16-2013, 02:50 PM   #2427
monorailsilver
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by karriealex View Post
Well our next stay at the Poly will be a much quieter one. My DH snores like a freight train. I just bit the bullet a few minutes ago and bought him one of those Pure Sleep things for snoring. I really hope it works. The kids even said to me on this last trip that they could see why I sleep on the couch a lot. DH was keeping them up too. Now I will hopefully have peace and quiet at home and we will all have a much more peaceful vacation.
I am laughing at this!

My dh snores too but at home I can kick him since he is in bed next to me. On vacation last week he slept in one bed and me in the other and we rotated the 3 kids. There were nights I had to stop myself from kicking a kid!
June 1975 Golf Resort & Polynesian August 1977 DL off site April 1990 WDW off site May 1981 Polynesian July-August 1985 Polynesian July-August 1987 Polynesian/Floridian July-August 1990 Beach Club May 1994 All Star Sports/Polynesian June 1995 Wilderness Lodge/Dixie Landings February 1997 off site/Wilderness Lodge March-April 1999 Engagement Trip February 2000 Polynesian August 2002 Polynesian July 2005 Polynesian August 2008 Polynesian August 2013 Polynesian and I think there were a few more trips here & there but I have lost track.
Old 08-16-2013, 03:24 PM   #2428
Carriesouthard
Mouseketeer

Here at the Poly now! Samoa 1st floor facing the volcano pool...PERFECT location!!! They were checking IDs and giving wristbands out today at the pool...happy to see this being done!
Old 08-16-2013, 03:31 PM   #2429
Dominion
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanna be Ariel View Post
Steve just posted some major new about the construction that is starting this September. It will affect the beach areas and some views In current longhouses. One of those is Hawaii. I am not a happy camper right now
So I just read the update on his FB page...my interpretation is that starting in September, its the beach in front of Tahiti, Sunset Pointe, and part of a nearby parking lot that will be closed. And views in Hawaii, Tokelau, Rapa Nui and Tahiti may be affected - apparently Disney is changing some of room designations accordingly. It seems like mainly the lagoon-facing views would be affected at that point, based on the other information??

It did say that GCH, pools, restaurants, etc... would all be open and unaffected for the time being.

Steve, if you see this, does this sound right??
Offsite 2003
Poly CL December 2013 - First family trip!

Old 08-16-2013, 03:34 PM   #2430
Dominion
Mouseketeer

Are there coffee machines in the guest rooms at Poly? If so, what kind of coffee is in the room? My mom NEEDS her coffee first thing and if they still have Nescafe in the CL, that probably isn't going to cut it! Just curious what our other options may be...I may just bring Starbucks VIA...
Offsite 2003
Poly CL December 2013 - First family trip!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: