Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-16-2013, 09:38 AM   #2401
Masonmj84
DIS Veteran
 
Masonmj84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,268

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post
All good points thanks....my problem is that DH said this is our last disney trip for a while

So I was really hoping to be at the poly, but don't want to have to go to another resort to use the pool etc. Have been looking at the GF but really only like the villas there and not the standard rooms....we were spoiled with our first onsite stay being at the poly I think
I can't get my brain around the GF standard rooms either (hate to think I'm paying even more than the Poly for a room with grandmotherly decor and ugly bedspreads - plus I really want to check out the newly rennovated Poly rooms).

But the rest of the GF looks lovely and it would be nice to have a leiserly stroll from our room to one of their newly rennovated pools (plus not have to look at construction walls everywhere).

Then again, every time I get tempted to switch my ressie, my heart says stick with the Poly.
__________________
Masonmj84 is offline  
Old 08-16-2013, 10:00 AM   #2402
fitzperry
DIS Veteran
 
fitzperry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 1,929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masonmj84 View Post

I can't get my brain around the GF standard rooms either (hate to think I'm paying even more than the Poly for a room with grandmotherly decor and ugly bedspreads - plus I really want to check out the newly rennovated Poly rooms).

But the rest of the GF looks lovely and it would be nice to have a leiserly stroll from our room to one of their newly rennovated pools (plus not have to look at construction walls everywhere).

Then again, every time I get tempted to switch my ressie, my heart says stick with the Poly.
This made me smile because I've always said the GF buildings and grounds are pretty but the place just looks like an upscale retirement community. The decor in the new DVC villas there is more appealing to me . . . Reminds me of a Ritz-Carlton we stayed in in Fla a few years ago . . . But it doesn't say "Disney" to me like the Poly does. So I'm just hoping the construction isn't too obtrusive during our December trip. And I also hope the renovations don't detract from the Poly's retro charm that so many of us love.
__________________
Jen


Last edited by fitzperry; 08-16-2013 at 10:17 AM.
fitzperry is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-16-2013, 10:08 AM   #2403
jaz0308
Mouseketeer
 
jaz0308's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 437

Email Poly guest services?

hello! We just returned from another incredible trip to our beloved Poly! While most of the trip was blissful, we had one mishap! My daughter brought a beloved stuffed animal (bright pink leopard )on the trip. We are very strict about her leaving it in the room so that it doesn't get lost. In fact, she never takes toys out to stores or parks. Anyway, one night the animal was nowhere to be found...searched the room top to bottom. The only logical explanation that we could think of is that it got caught up in the sheets and went away with the laundry. Front desk seemed to think this was what happened as well. They contacted lost and found but so far...nothing
I would like to contact someone at guest services to make them aware of what happened. Does anyone know of an email address I could send it to?
jaz0308 is offline  
Old 08-16-2013, 10:13 AM   #2404
dansdad
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: 1,209 miles from CBR.
Posts: 6,293

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaz0308 View Post
I would like to contact someone at guest services to make them aware of what happened. Does anyone know of an email address I could send it to?
wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

Good luck.
__________________
ME DW DS13
dansdad is offline  
Old 08-16-2013, 10:17 AM   #2405
fitzperry
DIS Veteran
 
fitzperry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 1,929

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaz0308 View Post
hello! We just returned from another incredible trip to our beloved Poly! While most of the trip was blissful, we had one mishap! My daughter brought a beloved stuffed animal (bright pink leopard )on the trip. We are very strict about her leaving it in the room so that it doesn't get lost. In fact, she never takes toys out to stores or parks. Anyway, one night the animal was nowhere to be found...searched the room top to bottom. The only logical explanation that we could think of is that it got caught up in the sheets and went away with the laundry. Front desk seemed to think this was what happened as well. They contacted lost and found but so far...nothing
I would like to contact someone at guest services to make them aware of what happened. Does anyone know of an email address I could send it to?
I don't know of an email contact but my daughter left a stuffed Elmo she's slept with since she was an infant (she was 12 at the time :D ) in the room when we checked out a couple of years ago. The front desk and lost and found were no help but my husband kept calling around and somehow managed to get in contact with the laundry. A supervisor there found Elmo (nice and clean), texted DH a photo of him to confirm and FedExed him back to us. I'm sure he no longer has the contact info, but I would suggest trying to speak directly to the laundry services.
__________________
Jen

fitzperry is offline  
Old 08-16-2013, 10:17 AM   #2406
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran
 
bluejasmine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 7,772

While Poly is our favorite GF comes in second for me, I love the Victorian feel of the resort & rooms!! The smell in the lobby & the music that plays live in the afternoon is wonderful... Now back to the Poly! Lol

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline  
Old 08-16-2013, 10:37 AM   #2407
fabulousfive
DIS Veteran
 
fabulousfive's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,110

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine View Post
While Poly is our favorite GF comes in second for me, I love the Victorian feel of the resort & rooms!! The smell in the lobby & the music that plays live in the afternoon is wonderful... Now back to the Poly! Lol

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Thanks for this post! I love reading the Poly thread, but we stay at the GF and love it so it's nice to hear kind words about it.
fabulousfive is offline  
Old 08-16-2013, 10:39 AM   #2408
karriealex
When I am at the Polynesian I am home!
 
karriealex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: 3 hours south of the most magical place on earth!!
Posts: 850

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masonmj84 View Post
I can't get my brain around the GF standard rooms either (hate to think I'm paying even more than the Poly for a room with grandmotherly decor and ugly bedspreads - plus I really want to check out the newly rennovated Poly rooms).

But the rest of the GF looks lovely and it would be nice to have a leiserly stroll from our room to one of their newly rennovated pools (plus not have to look at construction walls everywhere).

Then again, every time I get tempted to switch my ressie, my heart says stick with the Poly.
The GF still has a lot of construction and a lot of walls aeound the resort.
karriealex is offline  
Old 08-16-2013, 10:40 AM   #2409
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".
 
DznyCrzy11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: 894 miles from the magic!
Posts: 1,634

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap
I had planned on returning to the poly in September 2014 and am reading now about all the construction planned there....I am disappointed to not book here and everytime I think of booking somewhere else I come back to the poly.

How bad does everyone think it will be for construction fall 2014??? anyone here still planning to book at that time?? we loved it this year but only stayed two nights and were looking forward to our first week onsite being at the poly
If that's where I really wanted to stay, I would go ahead and book it or if you have a desire to try other resorts, use this time to try them.
Who knows, if they start on the pool area in January, they might be done with that by Sept 2014. From what I've heard the expected completion date is early 2015.

Honestly, Disney does a great job at keeping down the disruptions when it comes to construction and renovation projects. Trust me, they will not risk having unhappy customers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine
I got to customize our Magic Bands! yeah! Funny thing is before I wanted NOTHING to do with them b/c of the issues everyone seemed to be having.. Then when it was my turn I WANTED them..lol FP+ all set, MB ordered, checked in online.. Halfway packed.. Hotels for us to do Universal before booked and paid for.. IM READY!!
I checked it out the other night but it didn't seem to let me customize anything. I'm going to have to try it out again tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaz0308
hello! We just returned from another incredible trip to our beloved Poly! While most of the trip was blissful, we had one mishap! My daughter brought a beloved stuffed animal (bright pink leopard )on the trip. We are very strict about her leaving it in the room so that it doesn't get lost. In fact, she never takes toys out to stores or parks. Anyway, one night the animal was nowhere to be found...searched the room top to bottom. The only logical explanation that we could think of is that it got caught up in the sheets and went away with the laundry. Front desk seemed to think this was what happened as well. They contacted lost and found but so far...nothing
I would like to contact someone at guest services to make them aware of what happened. Does anyone know of an email address I could send it to?
I would also call 407-824-2192. That is lost & found. It doesn't hurt to ask again, especially since it was the front desk calling them and you not directly calling them. Also, as a pp mentioned, ask for the laundry area, maybe they have seen it in there. Good luck!

Sent from my Galaxy SII
__________________
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise in 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise in 2014. BC stay and Eastern Caribbean Cruise in 2015!!

DznyCrzy11 is offline  
Old 08-16-2013, 10:51 AM   #2410
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran
 
bluejasmine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 7,772

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabulousfive View Post

Thanks for this post! I love reading the Poly thread, but we stay at the GF and love it so it's nice to hear kind words about it.
Yea! I'm not alone! Lmao! With Disney moving ppl to GF from Poly in Sept I was kinda hoping for that choice but DH popped that bubble real quick, said no we stayed GF last yr this yr I want Poly but I'm NOT complaining plus its probably a good thing to get a stay in before all the changes coming..

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline  
Old 08-16-2013, 10:56 AM   #2411
karriealex
When I am at the Polynesian I am home!
 
karriealex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: 3 hours south of the most magical place on earth!!
Posts: 850

Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyCrzy11 View Post
If that's where I really wanted to stay, I would go ahead and book it or if you have a desire to try other resorts, use this time to try them.
Who knows, if they start on the pool area in January, they might be done with that by Sept 2014. From what I've heard the expected completion date is early 2015.

Honestly, Disney does a great job at keeping down the disruptions when it comes to construction and renovation projects. Trust me, they will not risk having unhappy customers.

I checked it out the other night but it didn't seem to let me customize anything. I'm going to have to try it out again tonight.



I would also call 407-824-2192. That is lost & found. It doesn't hurt to ask again, especially since it was the front desk calling them and you not directly calling them. Also, as a pp mentioned, ask for the laundry area, maybe they have seen it in there. Good luck!

Sent from my Galaxy SII
I called that number yesterday about ds's hat and they found it. His hat also must have been caught up in the sheets on the bed because when we switched rooms we did a thorough room check.

I have to totally agree about the disruption comment.
karriealex is offline  
Old 08-16-2013, 11:00 AM   #2412
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic
 
Tinkerbellie16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mile High Rockies
Posts: 3,760

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post
All good points thanks....my problem is that DH said this is our last disney trip for a while

So I was really hoping to be at the poly, but don't want to have to go to another resort to use the pool etc. Have been looking at the GF but really only like the villas there and not the standard rooms....we were spoiled with our first onsite stay being at the poly I think
Yeah, my husband says it is 'our last Disney trip for a while' EVERY time He wants to go somewhere new. I traveled so much before I met him (over 30 countries) and while I enjoy a new trip (we went to Costa Rica this past spring and it was AWESOME!!), I LOVE Disneyworld! And even though he says as long as there is a pool and beer, he will ONLY stay at the Polynesian now. He loves it there. And I think he secretly enjoys the whole trip - I mean, look how happy we all are:

Taken as we got off Space Mountain. Even grown men can look good in a glow necklace



And the obligatory hat photo - even DH can't argue that it is fun to have a margarita and try on big hats! Although trying to get in for a kiss is difficult when the hats prevent it. Maybe I should get one for my daughter in a couple years



And the whole family loves - on our knees BEGGING - Dole whips!!! And what better place than the Poly to get our fix at anytime:

DD with hers:



Me with mine...couldn't...stop...from...eating...



And we like taking the Poly with us as we head out to the parks. Those leis are slightly scented and are fun to wear as well

__________________
DH ME DS (12) DD (10)


6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Tinkerbellie16 is offline  
Old 08-16-2013, 12:07 PM   #2413
trishadono
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: NY
Posts: 2,249

Stopped at captain cooks for lunch the other day. When I mentioned buying a cupcake for friend birthday the cm pulled out a candle and a pack of matches so I could make it a bday cake

Stayed at CBR but visited poly twice! I posted pics of VGF on gf thread if interested .

Hope all is well! At PHL airport 3 more hours til flight.
__________________
Trips 2015: Mom and Dd WL Cl 1/18-22!!
Dad and Dd CSR taking business class 3/14-3/17!

DD with BF family OKW 5/3g0-6/7!
CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC , poly CL , WLcl 19 17
trishadono is offline  
Old 08-16-2013, 01:05 PM   #2414
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".
 
DznyCrzy11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: 894 miles from the magic!
Posts: 1,634

Quote:
Originally Posted by karriealex

I called that number yesterday about ds's hat and they found it. His hat also must have been caught up in the sheets on the bed because when we switched rooms we did a thorough room check.

I have to totally agree about the disruption comment.
That's awesome that they took the time to look for it!! I think a lot of places would have just said "I'm sorry we can't find it", without even looking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16

Yeah, my husband says it is 'our last Disney trip for a while' EVERY time He wants to go somewhere new. I traveled so much before I met him (over 30 countries) and while I enjoy a new trip (we went to Costa Rica this past spring and it was AWESOME!!), I LOVE Disneyworld! And even though he says as long as there is a pool and beer, he will ONLY stay at the Polynesian now. He loves it there. And I think he secretly enjoys the whole trip - I mean, look how happy we all are:

Taken as we got off Space Mountain. Even grown men can look good in a glow necklace

And the obligatory hat photo - even DH can't argue that it is fun to have a margarita and try on big hats! Although trying to get in for a kiss is difficult when the hats prevent it. Maybe I should get one for my daughter in a couple years

And the whole family loves - on our knees BEGGING - Dole whips!!! And what better place than the Poly to get our fix at anytime:

DD with hers:

Me with mine...couldn't...stop...from...eating...

And we like taking the Poly with us as we head out to the parks. Those leis are slightly scented and are fun to wear as well
Great pics!! Looks like you all have a blast! I'm so glad my DH does not say that...I would probably cry, LOL. Thankfully, he seems to enjoy our WDW visits just as much as I do.

Sent from my Galaxy SII
__________________
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise in 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise in 2014. BC stay and Eastern Caribbean Cruise in 2015!!

DznyCrzy11 is offline  
Old 08-16-2013, 01:22 PM   #2415
karriealex
When I am at the Polynesian I am home!
 
karriealex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: 3 hours south of the most magical place on earth!!
Posts: 850

Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyCrzy11 View Post
That's awesome that they took the time to look for it!! I think a lot of places would have just said "I'm sorry we can't find it", without even looking.



Great pics!! Looks like you all have a blast! I'm so glad my DH does not say that...I would probably cry, LOL. Thankfully, he seems to enjoy our WDW visits just as much as I do.

Sent from my Galaxy SII
I was surprised too. I could actually hear her looking for it also. They are so sweet there.

My DH is the same as yours. He is as big a Disney fanatic as I am. He would rather go to Disney than anywhere. It really is our happy place where we can go and forget about the rest of the world. I had to laugh on the last trip people kept asking me if I was swallowed by the sinkhole. After the third different person asked me I said to dh "Why the heck is everyone saying something about a sinkhole? What is up with that?" He said that apparently a sinkhole opened up at a resort close to Disney and ate a whole building. Shows you I don't even watch the news while we are there.
karriealex is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.