Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 09:53 PM   #2386
karriealex
When I am at the Polynesian I am home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyAug2013 View Post
Can you tell me more about the Leave a Legacy? That looks cool. Where/how do we do it?
You used to be able to do it at Epcot. I did not realize it but they have stopped doing it which is sad. Ours was done to commemorate our 20th anniversary vow renewal. I had hoped to do one to commemorate our 30th but I guess now we can't. They used to take a picture and somehow convert it so that they could etch it into steel plates that are on the megaliths at the entrance to Epcot right near Spaceship earth. Ours shows dh and I, the announcement, and then a picture of our two sons. I am not sure why they stopped doing it because there is a ton of room still left on the megaliths.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:54 PM   #2387
karriealex

Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyCrzy11 View Post
Here's the view we had from Fiji last September! I highly recommend that longhouse!! Really though, you can't go wrong where ever you stay at the Poly!!!

What a beautiful picture and view!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-15-2013, 09:55 PM   #2388
Dreamer2012
Mouseketeer

I too would like to know more about the leave a legacy? What is it? Where do you do it? Cost?
Old 08-15-2013, 09:57 PM   #2389
Dreamer2012
Mouseketeer

I too want to know more about the leave a legacy. What is it? Where do you do it? Cost?!
Old 08-15-2013, 09:59 PM   #2390
karriealex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer2012 View Post
I too would like to know more about the leave a legacy? What is it? Where do you do it? Cost?
You used to be able to do it at Epcot. I did not realize it but they have stopped doing it which is sad. Ours was done to commemorate our 20th anniversary vow renewal. I had hoped to do one to commemorate our 30th but I guess now we can't. They used to take a picture and somehow convert it so that they could etch it into steel plates that are on the megaliths at the entrance to Epcot right near Spaceship earth. Ours shows dh and I, the announcement, and then a picture of our two sons. I am not sure why they stopped doing it because there is a ton of room still left on the megaliths.
Old 08-15-2013, 10:43 PM   #2391
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobern View Post

How old is your son? My kids HATED this when we used them. They call them full sized but it is more playpen sozed
He is 2 (25months) I could use rails on the pullout but really wanna try a crib first.

Many Trips Before DS
Sept- Poly CL (DS 1st Trip & DH B-Day)
May- AK Jumbo/SSR (DS B-Day & 1st FG and SWW)
Nov/Dec-BLT LV (DS 1st MVMCP)
Old 08-16-2013, 01:20 AM   #2392
karriealex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanna be Ariel View Post
He is 2 (25months) I could use rails on the pullout but really wanna try a crib first.
You might want to order a set of those to be put in your room too. Depending on how many kids are staying and how busy the resort is it might be difficult to get them.

Last edited by karriealex; 08-16-2013 at 01:42 AM.
Old 08-16-2013, 06:14 AM   #2393
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by karriealex View Post

You might want to order a set of those to be put in your room too. Depending on how many kids are staying and how busy the resort is it might be difficult to get them.
Good idea. Thanks you. Also, great pictures. Thank you so much for sharing. I loved your room view too. We are just GV, but any view at the Poly will work for me. Just glad we are staying there for the first time

Many Trips Before DS
Sept- Poly CL (DS 1st Trip & DH B-Day)
May- AK Jumbo/SSR (DS B-Day & 1st FG and SWW)
Nov/Dec-BLT LV (DS 1st MVMCP)
Old 08-16-2013, 06:25 AM   #2394
karriealex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanna be Ariel View Post
Good idea. Thanks you. Also, great pictures. Thank you so much for sharing. I loved your room view too. We are just GV, but any view at the Poly will work for me. Just glad we are staying there for the first time
I am so happy for you. You are going to fall in love with the Poly.

We are just staying GV for our December trip not CL. I am really looking forward to it. The way I see it there is NO way to have a bad stay at the Poly. The GV rooms are beautiful and the resort is so compact that you are really never too far from anything. GV will also suit us just fine for the December trip.
Old 08-16-2013, 06:48 AM   #2395
princessap
DIS Veteran

I had planned on returning to the poly in September 2014 and am reading now about all the construction planned there....I am disappointed to not book here and everytime I think of booking somewhere else I come back to the poly.

How bad does everyone think it will be for construction fall 2014??? anyone here still planning to book at that time?? we loved it this year but only stayed two nights and were looking forward to our first week onsite being at the poly
Old 08-16-2013, 06:55 AM   #2396
karriealex

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post
I had planned on returning to the poly in September 2014 and am reading now about all the construction planned there....I am disappointed to not book here and everytime I think of booking somewhere else I come back to the poly.

How bad does everyone think it will be for construction fall 2014??? anyone here still planning to book at that time?? we loved it this year but only stayed two nights and were looking forward to our first week onsite being at the poly
We are booking a Standard view in December of this year. I can't imagine that the Poly would make it miserable for people to stay there. The construction would only go on during the day and a lot of that time most people are at the parks. Even if you are at the resort during the day they are not building the 5 story buildings anymore so most of the work will go on inside Tahiti, at the beach for the villas, and possibly at the quiet pool. There will be walls but I just can't see the Poly allowing so much noise that it makes the guests miserable.
Old 08-16-2013, 07:04 AM   #2397
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by karriealex View Post
The way I see it there is NO way to have a bad stay at the Poly. The GV rooms are beautiful and the resort is so compact that you are really never too far from anything.
I agree . I don't think there are any bad views/rooms at the Poly either. Some people think the resort is spread out and that it takes a long time to get around from certain areas, but we didn't find that to be the case. Yes, some longhouses are a little more convenient to some things than others, but I don't think any are so far out that it takes forever getting around .

Quote:

Rumor has it that construction walls will be going up the beginning of September, so construction may be getting under way very soon. We are booked Poly CL after our cruise in December and should construction be well under way by that time, I'm not going to let that deter us from staying there. With that said, I would maybe book the Poly for now and wait and see what happens with construction. If you do decide to book it, I would have at least one (maybe two or three) back up resorts just in case the construction is too much and you decide not to stay there after all. Good luck .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 08-16-2013, 07:28 AM   #2398
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

I got to customize our Magic Bands! yeah! Funny thing is before I wanted NOTHING to do with them b/c of the issues everyone seemed to be having.. Then when it was my turn I WANTED them..lol FP+ all set, MB ordered, checked in online.. Halfway packed.. Hotels for us to do Universal before booked and paid for.. IM READY!!
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
Old 08-16-2013, 07:57 AM   #2399
Masonmj84
DIS Veteran

Quote:

From a timing perspective, no one knows for sure what kind of construction may be going on at any point in 2014 but the speculation is that, in addition to DVC construction around Tahiti, the lagoon, and possiby Rapa Nui, that there will be constrution on the Nanea pool (removal of the volcano among other things), and in or around the GCH (removal of the water feature among other things).

My best guess from reading Tikiman's updates is that there's at least a coin flip's chance of there being construction walls around the Nanea pool and/or inside the GCH and/or between the GCH and the Nanea pool at any time in 2014.

Keep in mind that if there's construction on the Nanea pool, they will almost certainly allow Poly guests to swim in GF's pools as well as provide boat service between the resorts for this purpose.

On the other hand, you have to decide whether you can live with the idea of paying the big $$$ to stay at the Poly when you'll possibly have to deal with: (1) the hassle of having to catch a boat to get to the pool; as well as (2) the possibility of big brown construction walls in or around the main areas of the resort (there's also some speculation that, for part of this period, they may not be able to operate the tiki torches at night).

And even if there's a lot of ambiance-detracting construction, I'm thinking discounts are going to be more limited than most would hope for because if Tahiti and Rapa Nui are both out of service (for DVC conversion), they'll have a lot fewer rooms to fill.

I'm currently booked for May of 2014 but can't help wondering if I'd be nuts to not cancel my ressie (without at least a huge discount) if there's construction around the Nanea pool and/or GCH.
Old 08-16-2013, 08:05 AM   #2400
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masonmj84 View Post
From a timing perspective, no one knows for sure what kind of construction may be going on at any point in 2014 but the speculation is that, in addition to DVC construction around Tahiti, the lagoon, and possiby Rapa Nui, that there will be constrution on the Nanea pool (removal of the volcano among other things), and in or around the GCH (removal of the water feature among other things).

My best guess from reading Tikiman's updates is that there's at least a coin flip's chance of there being construction walls around the Nanea pool and/or inside the GCH and/or between the GCH and the Nanea pool at any time in 2014.

Keep in mind that if there's construction on the Nanea pool, they will almost certainly allow Poly guests to swim in GF's pools as well as provide boat service between the resorts for this purpose.

On the other hand, you have to decide whether you can live with the idea of paying the big $$$ to stay at the Poly when you'll possibly have to deal with: (1) the hassle of having to catch a boat to get to the pool; as well as (2) the possibility of big brown construction walls in or around the main areas of the resort (there's also some speculation that, for part of this period, they may not be able to operate the tiki torches at night).

And even if there's a lot of ambiance-detracting construction, I'm thinking discounts are going to be more limited than most would hope for because if Tahiti and Rapa Nui are both out of service (for DVC conversion), they'll have a lot fewer rooms to fill.

I'm currently booked for May of 2014 but can't help wondering if I'd be nuts to not cancel my ressie (without at least a huge discount) if there's construction around the Nanea pool and/or GCH.
All good points thanks....my problem is that DH said this is our last disney trip for a while

So I was really hoping to be at the poly, but don't want to have to go to another resort to use the pool etc. Have been looking at the GF but really only like the villas there and not the standard rooms....we were spoiled with our first onsite stay being at the poly I think
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: