Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 09:39 PM   #226
mariamouse
Believes in the magic!!
Should know the difference between the Tag Fairy and Tinkerbell!!! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marjx3 View Post
Not to bring up a sour topic, but I thought that fellow Poly lovers might want a heads up. We just returned from a 6 night 7 day stay at the Poly, our 7th consecutive trip at this amazing resort. Unfortunately this particular trip was a bit crowded. Please note I am not getting into a debate or putting down another culture, it is simply the shear size of these groups that is the problem. That being said we were in Tokelau 2nd floor which was for the large part also occupied by a Brazillian tour group.

For the price we pay for this resort we were disappointed that we were woke up on several occasions well after 2am by kids running through the hallways, banging doors as well as being woke up at 5am. We couldn't use the laundry services because they would be using the facilities in large groups for several hours, during the late evening 11:00pm on there would be anywhere from 10 to 30 kids laying in the hallways with their blankets, pillows and shoes thrown all over the hallways (and would not budge to let us through). I could drown on and on about Capt'n Cooks, the monorail and bus waits caused by such a large group. I was naive enough to believe staying at a deluxe would spare us the inconvenience of these extremely large groups. Unfortunately it soured our experience for a resort we have come to love and cherish.
So sorry to hear that you had this experience at the Poly. I am shocked that a tour group could justify paying for so many deluxe-priced rooms!

Did you share this information with the front desk? That noise late at night and especially the messy hallways is completely unacceptable! They should have taken some sort of action against the group or at least partially made it up to you in some way.

Hopefully your next stay (wherever it may be) will me more magical!
GF GV- January 2014, BCV- January 2013, GF LV- December 2011, AKL PV & GF GV- February 2007, BWI WV CL- February 2006, AKL SV- February 2005, Polynesian GV- February 2004, WL WV & Polynesian GV- November 2002, BC GV- February 2002, CR GV- February 2001, POFQ- February 1996, CBR- February 1994
Old 07-01-2013, 09:41 PM   #227
Carriesouthard
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Not to bring up a sour topic, but I thought that fellow Poly lovers might want a heads up. We just returned from a 6 night 7 day stay at the Poly, our 7th consecutive trip at this amazing resort. Unfortunately this particular trip was a bit crowded. Please note I am not getting into a debate or putting down another culture, it is simply the shear size of these groups that is the problem. That being said we were in Tokelau 2nd floor which was for the large part also occupied by a Brazillian tour group.

For the price we pay for this resort we were disappointed that we were woke up on several occasions well after 2am by kids running through the hallways, banging doors as well as being woke up at 5am. We couldn't use the laundry services because they would be using the facilities in large groups for several hours, during the late evening 11:00pm on there would be anywhere from 10 to 30 kids laying in the hallways with their blankets, pillows and shoes thrown all over the hallways (and would not budge to let us through). I could drown on and on about Capt'n Cooks, the monorail and bus waits caused by such a large group. I was naive enough to believe staying at a deluxe would spare us the inconvenience of these extremely large groups. Unfortunately it soured our experience for a resort we have come to love and cherish.
Wow... I certainly hope you told security about the hallway situation. And banging on doors in the middle of the night....I would have flipped!!!!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-01-2013, 09:45 PM   #228
Our3ps
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carriesouthard View Post

Wow... I certainly hope you told security about the hallway situation. And banging on doors in the middle of the night....I would have flipped!!!!!!
I too would have flipped and called security! I would have also asked to be moved out of that longhouse!

So sorry to hear about your stay.

June '99- All Star Music (Honeymoon)
August '07- Pop Century
August '11 - AKL & CBR
August '12 - Offsite (Silver Lake)
July/August '13 - Poly

Old 07-01-2013, 11:04 PM   #229
blair_ranea
Earning My Ears

Just saw on Facebook that the Volcano pool will be closed for refurbishment 9/9-9/20. How is the east side pool?
Old 07-01-2013, 11:09 PM   #230
Mommy to Kayla
Mouseketeer

Not happy at all. First night at the Poly, our first time here, and I go into the bathroom right after watching the fireworks from our balcony (swoon!) and there is a roach in the bathroom!!!!! I know we are in Florida but sheesh! I'm from seattle, we don't have roaches (but I grew up in Texas so I know what they look like!) and I don't want to bring any back with me (shudder)! We killed it but definitely put a sour taste in my mouth. We are staying CL TPV and for these costs I don't want to have to battle roaches!
July 1- 5, 2013 - Polynesian Resort, Walt Disneyworld

January 1-5, 2014 - Paradise Pier, Disneyland
July 28-August 2, 2014 - Split stay at Grand Californian Hotel and Disneyland Hotel

(other trips to Disneyland and Disneyland Paris as a kid but it's so much more fun now as a mommy!)
Old 07-01-2013, 11:21 PM   #231
jenluvs2go2disney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blair_ranea View Post
Just saw on Facebook that the Volcano pool will be closed for refurbishment 9/9-9/20. How is the east side pool?
Where did you see that posted? That will not be good for us. We picked the poly and that was a selling point for us.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:36 PM   #232
blair_ranea
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenluvs2go2disney View Post

Where did you see that posted? That will not be good for us. We picked the poly and that was a selling point for us.
It was on a Disney travel agents page. "All About the Mouse Travel." This will be our 1st time staying at the Poly & my daughter was super excited about the pool.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:40 PM   #233
TJA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy to Kayla View Post
Not happy at all. First night at the Poly, our first time here, and I go into the bathroom right after watching the fireworks from our balcony (swoon!) and there is a roach in the bathroom!!!!! I know we are in Florida but sheesh! I'm from seattle, we don't have roaches (but I grew up in Texas so I know what they look like!) and I don't want to bring any back with me (shudder)! We killed it but definitely put a sour taste in my mouth. We are staying CL TPV and for these costs I don't want to have to battle roaches!
Oh great! That's not good..... Are you going to tell the CM's in the morning? We are also here in Hawaii right now -- TPV but on first floor. The fireworks show tonight was amazing.....
2006 ~ YC & BC
2007 ~ Poly & BC & CR
2008 ~ POR & WL & BC
2009 ~ CBR & BC CL
2010 ~ Poly & CR / BC CL
2011 ~ BC CL & Poly CL
2012 ~ WL & BC CL / CR CL
2013 ~ BC CL & Poly CL & WL CL
2014 ~ Poly CL TPV & BC CL, Poly CL TPV again
Old 07-01-2013, 11:40 PM   #234
Marjx3
Earning My Ears

Tour groups

We called security on five separate occasions, notified three cast members upon leaving our building, had to go to the contemporary to get quick service and notified them why we had to come over there as well, and addressed it directly with the manager. It was obvious we were not the only upset guests. Our in-laws were staying in Hawaii and asked us after the first night what in the world was going on in our longhouse. We are chalking it up to a learning experience. We have already written a letter to guest relations in hopes the Poly can maintain its serenity for future guests. We love it there so much.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:55 PM   #235
jenluvs2go2disney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blair_ranea View Post

It was on a Disney travel agents page. "All About the Mouse Travel." This will be our 1st time staying at the Poly & my daughter was super excited about the pool.
Thanks. I googled and didn't see that anywhere. Not sure how I feel about this. I guess I will be calling Disney in the morning. I stayed at the Poly as a child and kids have never stayed there. My kids were looking forward to the slide and pool. Going by boat to use another hotel pool is not convenient with 2 kids. They loved the slides at the Caribbean beach in May. It's a lot of money to pay and i wonder if it affects that whole area and what will be blocked off.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:56 PM   #236
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ah, the palmetto bugs. Unfortunately in Florida they are very common and no property is exempt from their inhabitance. Did you call housekeeping, or down to the desk to notify them?
Old 07-02-2013, 06:55 AM   #237
jdd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJA View Post
Saturday night food in lounge was barbecue pork skewers and spring rolls.
Yay! Thanks for the info - that rounds out my list
March 2002, May 2003, Nov 2007 - ASMo, Nov 2005 - CSR, April 2007 - CBR, Oct 2008 - POR, Aug 2009 - FW Cabins/Beach Club, Dec 2009 - ASSp (mom/son trip), Aug-Sept 2010-POR/Poly CL, Sept 2011-Poly (mom/son trip), May2012-CBR(anniversary trip), Aug2012-WWoHP and AKL-Kidani, Aug2013-PolyCL, Feb2014-CBR, Feb2015-CBR, Aug2015-PolyCL
Old 07-02-2013, 07:28 AM   #238
wmoon
Mouseketeer

We are in Tokelau just now. Have spied the teenage tour group on a couple of occasions, but they havent really impacted on our stay much yet. We took a walk to the ttc on Sunday to avoid them at the resort bus stop.
Last night was noisy and I assumed it was them but dh had been out for drinks and said it was more like a large family group that were congregated in the seated area shouting, singing etc. I left it for a while but contacted the front desk when I still couldn't get Ds to sleep at 11. It got quiet very quickly when someone came over.
Sorry other poster had a nightmare with the tour groups I would have been raging too!
Old 07-02-2013, 08:30 AM   #239
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ugh! Not cool.

But....were you watching fireworks from the balcony with your door open? If so, chances are that the little bugger flew right in during your watching enjoyment. I never leave my balcony door open for any length of time down there...those palmetto bugs (roaches) fly, and are quick!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 07-02-2013, 08:32 AM   #240
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I'm sorry you had to experience all of that . We've only stayed at the Poly once and that was enough for us to fall in love with the resort. I wouldn't be too happy having to deal with what happened during your stay. I hope this one incident won't stop you from staying at the resort you love.

Quote:
We called security on five separate occasions, notified three cast members upon leaving our building, had to go to the contemporary to get quick service and notified them why we had to come over there as well, and addressed it directly with the manager. It was obvious we were not the only upset guests. Our in-laws were staying in Hawaii and asked us after the first night what in the world was going on in our longhouse. We are chalking it up to a learning experience. We have already written a letter to guest relations in hopes the Poly can maintain its serenity for future guests. We love it there so much.
It is very wrong on Disney's part for you to have had to call security so many times. Disney can't do much about crowded CS places, etc, but they can do something about loud groups of people that keep other guests up until all hours of the night and people sleeping in the hallway. I'm glad you wrote a letter and hopefully it will get the right attention and things like this won't keep happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Ah, the palmetto bugs. Unfortunately in Florida they are very common and no property is exempt from their inhabitance.
So true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmoon View Post
We are in Tokelau just now. Have spied the teenage tour group on a couple of occasions, but they havent really impacted on our stay much yet. We took a walk to the ttc on Sunday to avoid them at the resort bus stop.
Last night was noisy and I assumed it was them but dh had been out for drinks and said it was more like a large family group that were congregated in the seated area shouting, singing etc. I left it for a while but contacted the front desk when I still couldn't get Ds to sleep at 11. It got quiet very quickly when someone came over.
Sorry other poster had a nightmare with the tour groups I would have been raging too!
Glad you're having a nice stay and aren't experiencing what the pp did.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: