Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 04:39 PM   #1786
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizneefamily+4 View Post
We're here too - at the pool right now! We've been here since Wed. Today is the 1st day that they checked resort IDs at the pool and gave wristbands. Having an awesome time!!!
Glad you're having a great time .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 08-04-2013, 06:04 PM   #1787
DebbyLof428
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCAnna View Post
Here at the Poly now. We arrived early yeaterday morning. We're in Samoa, third floor volcano pool side. The view is awesome!
Have a great time and post some pics if you have time
Register to remove

Old 08-04-2013, 07:31 PM   #1788
firehazmat
Earning My Ears

Arrive Monday!

Can't wait. Does anyone know if here are new mugs or RFID mugs there now?
Old 08-04-2013, 10:55 PM   #1789
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by firehazmat View Post
I can't help with the mugs, just wanted to say have a great trip .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 08-04-2013, 10:56 PM   #1790
mirage0306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizneefamily+4 View Post
We're here too - at the pool right now! We've been here since Wed. Today is the 1st day that they checked resort IDs at the pool and gave wristbands. Having an awesome time!!!
Hooray!! Hope you're having a fantastic time!

WDW: Wilderness Lodge 2011 | Caribbean Beach, Boardwalk Inn CL, Animal Kingdom Lodge 2012 | Polynesian CL, Animal Kingdom Lodge CL 2013

DLR: Candy Cane Inn 2013 | Candy Cane Inn, Grand Californian 2014
Old 08-04-2013, 11:00 PM   #1791
Running Babeck
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by firehazmat View Post
Just checked out today & they replaced the drink fountains last week with RFID capable ones but haven't activated them, so right now, no new mugs, but it's coming.
Old 08-04-2013, 11:52 PM   #1792
wilkeliza
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Running Babeck View Post

Just checked out today & they replaced the drink fountains last week with RFID capable ones but haven't activated them, so right now, no new mugs, but it's coming.
CM told me September is when the switch over will happen and that it should be seamless to the point that guests won't notice.

Back home from our trip. Of course salt in the wound of our other Poly issues there was a problem with the bill at the end. It appears when they rebooked to fix the dinning plan issue they ended up charging us twice. So glad it was our credit card that we only use for vacation that was on file and not our day to day bank cards. Now in 10 days we have to make sure our card statements reflect the refund.

Also as a side note I found out as a CM I'm not allowed to verbally complain. I guess the Poly takes our no negative talk about the company clause seriously. It is honestly the only resort that has ever told me that someone in my party isn't even allowed to say they are disappointed. I talked with my GR friend and was told don't worry because if you have an honest complaint they can't fire you over it. The front desk CM probably just didn't like that our front desk issues left a bad experience with us at the Poly.

The parks part of our trip was wonderful but next time I'm going I try Beach Club or Boardwalk.
Old 08-05-2013, 12:19 AM   #1793
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Wow. I am so disheartened so hear of so many negative experiences at the Poly recently. We were just there two months ago and everything was fabulous. We had not one complaint about anything. It's so sad that things can go so far downhill in such a short period of time.
Old 08-05-2013, 12:47 AM   #1794
wilkeliza
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Wow. I am so disheartened so hear of so many negative experiences at the Poly recently. We were just there two months ago and everything was fabulous. We had not one complaint about anything. It's so sad that things can go so far downhill in such a short period of time.
I will say the room was great as was our view (theme park view) and proximity to monorail and boat transportation was great but the front desk staff just didn't do it for us. Maybe there was just an off day but next time I'll go somewhere else. I will say though that I wouldn't tell anyone not to go because we did have some wonderful people but it didn't fit our view of a vacation. There are so many different types of people an different resorts that everyone will have different favorites.
Old 08-05-2013, 02:01 AM   #1795
karriealex
When I am at the Polynesian I am home!

We are here and I have to say things have been less than magical and to the point that I have been in tears a couple of times. We got here at 8:30 and had to find someone to find someone to take us back to Hawaii. At first the girl said Oh just go walk inside and find bell services to help you. Umm really? Finally someone comes to get us and takes us back. We check in and find that nope no pixie dust I got what I paid for and couldn't even pay to be upgraded. I am also told our room is not read. We go to get my wheelchair to go to MK for our noon ADR. We go out to the car to get m wheelchair and someone forgot one whole length of my charge cord and I now couldn't recharge m battery and the chair would last maybe a day. We ask bell services if they know of someone we could buy a length of the cord from. Hands us a paper and says call all of these. We go back to Hawaii because we are now running late and I figure cant make our ADR. Talk to Lawrence who reschedules the lunch to 2:30 and says he will try and get a runner to go buy a length of cord. I thank him and we go to MK. Stand in the blazing heat 1 hour to get our tickets and TIW card and she does give us a GAC card ans she sees I am wicked pale from being in the heat. We are set go.. Within two minute4s we lose both sons because they didn't do as they were told and stay together. Meanwhile the floodgates of heaven open up and we all get soaked. Where are our poncho's?? In the car in our luggage back at the resort. We round up everyone. Go to buy youngest a shirt as he is soaked to the bone. We finally make our ADR now I have to say it we enjoyed Crystal palace. The food was good as was the character interaction. I finally get a call 1.5 hours after the resort states is their check in time and we are told our room number. We finally make our way back to the resort I find out that not only did I not get pixie dust which I know is a gift but our room is completely on the other end of the longhouse in the very last room. I was not happy. So we go all the way down there and the keys DON'T WORK. So we go back up. They remake the keys and we go to our room. Have to call maintenance because our TV does not work. I cannot believe what went on yesterday. They have basically sealed my fate as to whether I have to use my wheelchair on the entire trip or if I could do some things without it. There is no way I am getting to either the lounge, quiet pool or main pool without my wheelchair because of room placement. Now I know pixie dust is not guaranteed but really the last room in the longhouse when you are celebrating something as special as we are. With all that happened this is not the trip I planned nor envisioned. Very disappointed.

Last edited by karriealex; 08-05-2013 at 02:35 AM.
Old 08-05-2013, 02:08 AM   #1796
fabulousfive
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by karriealex View Post
We are here and I have to say things have been less than magical and to the point that I have been in tears a couple of times. We got here at 8:30 and had to find someone to find someone to take us back to Hawaii. At first the girl said Oh just go walk inside and find bell services to help you. Umm really? Finally someone comes to get us and takes us back. We check in and find that nope no pixie dust I got what I paid for and couldn't even pay to be upgraded. I am also told our room is not read. We go to get m wheelchair to go to MK for our noon ADR. We go out to the car to get m wheelchair and someone forgot one whole length of my charge cord and I now couldn't recharge m battery and the chair would last maybe a day. We ask bell services if they know of someone we could buy a length of the cord from. Hands us a paper and says call all of these. We go back to Hawaii because we are now running late and I figure cant make our ADR. Talk to Lawrence who reschedules the lunch to 2:30 and says he will try and get a runner to go buy a length of cord. I thank him and we go to MK. Stand in the blazing heat 1 hour to get our tickets and TIW card and she does give us a GAC card ans she sees I am wicked pale from being in the heat. We set go.. Within two minute4s we lose both sons because they didn't do as they were told and stay together. Meanwhile the floodgates of heaven open up and we all get soaked. Where are our poncho's?? In the car in our luggage back at the resort. We round up everyone. Go to buy youngest a shirt as he is soaked to the bone. We finally make our ADR now I have to say it we enjoyed Crystal palace. The food was good as was the character interaction. I finally get a call 1.5 hours after the resort states is their check in time and we are told our room number. We finally make our way back to the resort I find out that not only did I not get pixie dust which I know is a gift but our room is completely on the other end of the longhouse in the very last room. I was not happy. So we go all the way down there and the keys DON'T WORK. So we go back up. They remake the keys and we go to our room. Have to call maintenance because our TV does not work. I cannot believe what went on yesterday. They have basically sealed my fate as to whether I have to use my wheelchair on the entire trip or if I could do some things without it. There is no way I am getting to either the lounge, quiet pool or main pool without my wheelchair because of room placement. Now I know pixie dust is not guaranteed but really the last room in the longhouse when you are celebrating something as special as we are. With all that happened this is not the trip I planned nor envisioned. Very disappointed.
I'm so sorry to hear your Disney experience so far. Hopefully the rest of your trip will be more pleasant and not so difficult. And I'm not sure if you want to deal with it, but I'm sure they could give you a room closer to the pool so you could possibly walk there. Sending pixie dust your way & praying for a magical trip!!
Old 08-05-2013, 02:30 AM   #1797
karriealex
When I am at the Polynesian I am home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabulousfive View Post
I'm so sorry to hear your Disney experience so far. Hopefully the rest of your trip will be more pleasant and not so difficult. And I'm not sure if you want to deal with it, but I'm sure they could give you a room closer to the pool so you could possibly walk there. Sending pixie dust your way & praying for a magical trip!!
Unfortunately due to club level being booked at 100% they can't move us.
Old 08-05-2013, 02:32 AM   #1798
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We are here and I have to say things have been less than magical and to the point that I have been in tears a couple of times. We got here at 8:30 and had to find someone to find someone to take us back to Hawaii. At first the girl said Oh just go walk inside and find bell services to help you. Umm really? Finally someone comes to get us and takes us back. We check in and find that nope no pixie dust I got what I paid for and couldn't even pay to be upgraded. I am also told our room is not read. We go to get m wheelchair to go to MK for our noon ADR. We go out to the car to get m wheelchair and someone forgot one whole length of my charge cord and I now couldn't recharge m battery and the chair would last maybe a day. We ask bell services if they know of someone we could buy a length of the cord from. Hands us a paper and says call all of these. We go back to Hawaii because we are now running late and I figure cant make our ADR. Talk to Lawrence who reschedules the lunch to 2:30 and says he will try and get a runner to go buy a length of cord. I thank him and we go to MK. Stand in the blazing heat 1 hour to get our tickets and TIW card and she does give us a GAC card ans she sees I am wicked pale from being in the heat. We set go.. Within two minute4s we lose both sons because they didn't do as they were told and stay together. Meanwhile the floodgates of heaven open up and we all get soaked. Where are our poncho's?? In the car in our luggage back at the resort. We round up everyone. Go to buy youngest a shirt as he is soaked to the bone. We finally make our ADR now I have to say it we enjoyed Crystal palace. The food was good as was the character interaction. I finally get a call 1.5 hours after the resort states is their check in time and we are told our room number. We finally make our way back to the resort I find out that not only did I not get pixie dust which I know is a gift but our room is completely on the other end of the longhouse in the very last room. I was not happy. So we go all the way down there and the keys DON'T WORK. So we go back up. They remake the keys and we go to our room. Have to call maintenance because our TV does not work. I cannot believe what went on yesterday. They have basically sealed my fate as to whether I have to use my wheelchair on the entire trip or if I could do some things without it. There is no way I am getting to either the lounge, quiet pool or main pool without my wheelchair because of room placement. Now I know pixie dust is not guaranteed but really the last room in the longhouse when you are celebrating something as special as we are. With all that happened this is not the trip I planned nor envisioned. Very disappointed.
I am so sorry to hear about the disappointing start to your trip. I will say in all my trips to Disney, let alone the Poly, I have never received an upgrade. Also, I've stayed all the way at the end of the hall near Tokelau, and the quiet pool is very close to doors on that side. I hope the rest of your trip is full of pixie dust and magic.
Old 08-05-2013, 03:18 AM   #1799
BrdwayBoy
"I know now that theatre saved my life." - S. Stroman.

Quote:
We check in and find that nope no pixie dust I got what I paid for and couldn't even pay to be upgraded.
I need to admit that I haven't read every post in this thread, but I do skim through the new posts every day. Maybe I missed something, but what *exactly* were you expecting?

It's possible that I'm misunderstanding what you're trying to say, but if you were willing to pay for an 'upgrade' why didn't you just pay for what you wanted originally?

Old 08-05-2013, 03:48 AM   #1800
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
We are here and I have to say things have been less than magical and to the point that I have been in tears a couple of times. We got here at 8:30 and had to find someone to find someone to take us back to Hawaii. At first the girl said Oh just go walk inside and find bell services to help you. Umm really? Finally someone comes to get us and takes us back. We check in and find that nope no pixie dust I got what I paid for and couldn't even pay to be upgraded. I am also told our room is not read. We go to get my wheelchair to go to MK for our noon ADR. We go out to the car to get m wheelchair and someone forgot one whole length of my charge cord and I now couldn't recharge m battery and the chair would last maybe a day. We ask bell services if they know of someone we could buy a length of the cord from. Hands us a paper and says call all of these. We go back to Hawaii because we are now running late and I figure cant make our ADR. Talk to Lawrence who reschedules the lunch to 2:30 and says he will try and get a runner to go buy a length of cord. I thank him and we go to MK. Stand in the blazing heat 1 hour to get our tickets and TIW card and she does give us a GAC card ans she sees I am wicked pale from being in the heat. We are set go.. Within two minute4s we lose both sons because they didn't do as they were told and stay together. Meanwhile the floodgates of heaven open up and we all get soaked. Where are our poncho's?? In the car in our luggage back at the resort. We round up everyone. Go to buy youngest a shirt as he is soaked to the bone. We finally make our ADR now I have to say it we enjoyed Crystal palace. The food was good as was the character interaction. I finally get a call 1.5 hours after the resort states is their check in time and we are told our room number. We finally make our way back to the resort I find out that not only did I not get pixie dust which I know is a gift but our room is completely on the other end of the longhouse in the very last room. I was not happy. So we go all the way down there and the keys DON'T WORK. So we go back up. They remake the keys and we go to our room. Have to call maintenance because our TV does not work. I cannot believe what went on yesterday. They have basically sealed my fate as to whether I have to use my wheelchair on the entire trip or if I could do some things without it. There is no way I am getting to either the lounge, quiet pool or main pool without my wheelchair because of room placement. Now I know pixie dust is not guaranteed but really the last room in the longhouse when you are celebrating something as special as we are. With all that happened this is not the trip I planned nor envisioned. Very disappointed.
Very sorry to read That your first day was not very magical. Glad Crystal Palace was a god Expierence.

Sending that the rest of your trip is wonderful!

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: