Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 03:08 PM   #1681
mirage0306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjay View Post
Update since most of the day went by and my Water isn't cold because the fridge still has the dirty food dh went to speak to management. He apologized gave us one night credit and fast passes that really helped! Now I can start my vacation I understand things happen and it's awesome when people make up for it that's great customer service!
Hey, now you're talking! Glad they made it up to you. Enjoy your trip!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karriealex View Post
Thanks everyone for trying to allay my fears. This is just such an important and big trip for us I would hate for it to start out badly. I am going to put the bad experiences posted in the back of my mind and think positive. I so want this trip to be magical.

I am sorry about those that had rough starts to their vacations. I see some were made up for and I hope they do the same with the others.
Try not to worry. I know it's easier said than done, but odds are overwhelmingly on your side that check in will go just fine. I have a good feeling for you--I think you're going to have an amazing trip!

2011: WDW, Wilderness Lodge | 2012: WDW, Caribbean Beach/Boardwalk Inn CL/Animal Kingdom Lodge | 2013: WDW, Polynesian CL/Animal Kingdom Lodge CL | 2013: DLR, Candy Cane Inn

Up next: CCI/GCH, August 2014

Old 08-02-2013, 03:10 PM   #1682
mariamouse
Believes in the magic!!
Should know the difference between the Tag Fairy and Tinkerbell!!! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtobrynncess View Post
Wondering if things got better for you and your family? Did they have a third floor room for you to move to?

I think that is really appalling. Telling you as the guest that you have to be the one to notify bell services that your location has changed? Shouldn't that be done by a staff member? The lack of enthusiasm is very disappointing. I hope your trip has become more magical.
Agreed. That is one of the worse WDW customer service experiences I have read about and certainly would not expect that from the Poly.

Hope things look up for you! Be sure that you are adequately taken care of and then try to put it behind you and enjoy the rest of what will hopefully be a magical trip!
GF GV- January 2014, BCV- January 2013, GF LV- December 2011, AKL PV & GF GV- February 2007, BWI WV CL- February 2006, AKL SV- February 2005, Polynesian GV- February 2004, WL WV & Polynesian GV- November 2002, BC GV- February 2002, CR GV- February 2001, POFQ- February 1996, CBR- February 1994
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-02-2013, 03:18 PM   #1683
karriealex
When I am at the Polynesian I am home!

Are all the theme park view club level rooms on upper floors or are some on the first floor?
Old 08-02-2013, 03:33 PM   #1684
sandym718
DIS Veteran

Wow, sorry to hear about these poor customer service/room experiences!!!

I somewhat sadly booked BLT 2 BR Lakeview today for my family of 4 and my sister and her husband, for March 1-8. Still hope that there will not be major construction at the Poly and we can switch. I was just afraid those 2 BR's would disappear. I doubt we'll have too much trouble getting standard view rooms at the Poly, so we made the decision to book our "back-up" instead of our first choice. Kids are actually excited about BLT - new pools and slides to try out, more room, etc. But this was to be my sister's first stay at Poly and I just can't imagine staying anywhere else. Of course there's pros and cons to both, but fingers crossed for our 5th Poly stay!

Previous trips as a child/teen: FW 1985, offsite 1991, Disneyland 1992
Family trips: 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012 - all at the Poly!

Old 08-02-2013, 04:01 PM   #1685
karriealex

I had originally told IPO that I wanted first floor but then thought about the theme park views and that they might be on the third floor so I called IPO and told them first or third. I am hoping for some pixie dust but if it doesn't happen at least I am at the Poly!!
Old 08-02-2013, 04:17 PM   #1686
wilkeliza
DIS Veteran

If we have a theme park view room can we get Wishes on our room t.v. like at the Contemp or is it just at the main beach?
Old 08-02-2013, 04:23 PM   #1687
mirage0306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkeliza View Post
If we have a theme park view room can we get Wishes on our room t.v. like at the Contemp or is it just at the main beach?
I do not believe you can get it on your room tv--if you can, no one told me when we checked in. We just stood on the balcony and listened to it from the beach below. It was one of the highlights of our trip.

2011: WDW, Wilderness Lodge | 2012: WDW, Caribbean Beach/Boardwalk Inn CL/Animal Kingdom Lodge | 2013: WDW, Polynesian CL/Animal Kingdom Lodge CL | 2013: DLR, Candy Cane Inn

Up next: CCI/GCH, August 2014

Old 08-02-2013, 04:29 PM   #1688
Tikiman
He kuikawa ka 'ikena o kela wahi ho'oku ka'a e waiho kala'e ihola ma 'o!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karriealex View Post
I had originally told IPO that I wanted first floor but then thought about the theme park views and that they might be on the third floor so I called IPO and told them first or third. I am hoping for some pixie dust but if it doesn't happen at least I am at the Poly!!
Themepark views are on all 3 floors.
Old 08-02-2013, 04:37 PM   #1689
wilkeliza
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage0306 View Post

I do not believe you can get it on your room tv--if you can, no one told me when we checked in. We just stood on the balcony and listened to it from the beach below. It was one of the highlights of our trip.
What building were you in we are in Tahiti and don't know if we want to go to the beach or not especially if it is raining.
Old 08-02-2013, 04:45 PM   #1690
imobsessedwithdisney
Mouseketeer

Hi I'm so excited I just booked my 1st trip to The Poly for this upcoming January 18 2014!! I was curious if there is any construction going on at the resort at this time. We booked a garden View Club Level room.
Old 08-02-2013, 04:54 PM   #1691
karriealex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikiman View Post
Themepark views are on all 3 floors.
Thank you so much Steve! You are always such a wealth of good information.
Old 08-02-2013, 04:57 PM   #1692
leannak
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkeliza View Post

What building were you in we are in Tahiti and don't know if we want to go to the beach or not especially if it is raining.
Oh no! I forgot about RAIN! Ha ha! I was planning on watching fireworks from the beach. This is important to me - we left our first night open for this because some of the people we are with will be at disney for the very first (and only!) time. Is there anywhere to watch fireworks in a protected area? (No, we're not club level or TPV!) We are arriving early afternoon and have a dinner res at chef mickeys then were planning on heading back to poly beach for fireworks. If it's raining, maybe there's a covered place at CR we could try??
Old 08-02-2013, 05:13 PM   #1693
BabyFu18
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone, I've got a quick question if anyone could help I'd appreciate it!

We are currently booked at Shades of Green but they are doing some heavy construction right now so I was thinking of changing and staying across the street at the Poly, but was wondering is there construction (besides room upgrades) going at the Poly right now too?

We are going August 22-September 3 if anyone knows if there is Poly construction scheduled for those times I'd really love to know. I'd hate to change resorts and still be stuck with heavy construction. Thanks for any info guys!

Old 08-02-2013, 07:21 PM   #1694
fla4fun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leannak View Post
Oh no! I forgot about RAIN! Ha ha! I was planning on watching fireworks from the beach. This is important to me - we left our first night open for this because some of the people we are with will be at disney for the very first (and only!) time. Is there anywhere to watch fireworks in a protected area? (No, we're not club level or TPV!) We are arriving early afternoon and have a dinner res at chef mickeys then were planning on heading back to poly beach for fireworks. If it's raining, maybe there's a covered place at CR we could try??
Yes. The 4th floor deck is not covered, but if you go out and go a level or two up the stairs, you can still hear the music and you will be under cover. This will be the stairs on the opposite side from the monorail, and I usually go up two levels so I am above the trains for viewing.
Old 08-02-2013, 07:23 PM   #1695
momtobrynncess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyFu18 View Post
Hi everyone, I've got a quick question if anyone could help I'd appreciate it!

We are currently booked at Shades of Green but they are doing some heavy construction right now so I was thinking of changing and staying across the street at the Poly, but was wondering is there construction (besides room upgrades) going at the Poly right now too?

We are going August 22-September 3 if anyone knows if there is Poly construction scheduled for those times I'd really love to know. I'd hate to change resorts and still be stuck with heavy construction. Thanks for any info guys!
We will be there for most of the same days you will be there. From everything I've read, the earliest any construction would begin is sometime during September, but I don't remember any dates in the beginning of September.
5/97 CR Tower-8/98 CR-10/99 GF-9/2000 CR-9/01 CR (got engaged!-9/02 CR/Married at Wedding Pavilion-9/03 CR-9/04 GF/CR-9/05 WL-1/06 CR-9/06 OKW-2/07 CR (got upgraded to Concierge!)-9/07 CR-9/08 Poly-11/2009 Poly-9/2010 Poly-8/11 Poly-8/2012 CSR-8/13 Poly
Me dh dd ddog

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: