Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 04:00 PM   #1531
wilkeliza
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post

As the pp's have said, you can make a request when you book. It's just a request and is not guaranteed, but as the others have said, Disney will do everything they can to accommodate you .

Any time we have had luggage transferred, we have been given a time between 1-3 pm that it would arrive at the 2nd resort. Sometimes it can get there earlier or later as it depends on how busy the resorts are at the time.

We have checked in at all times of the day from early morning to very late at night and we have always gotten great rooms. For our Poly stay (which was a 1 a.m. check in), I made 3 requests and the first 2 requests were met, with the 3rd being met if we wanted to change rooms the next day. So, in our experience, we have gotten great rooms even with a late arrival/check in .

Yay for CL . I'm sorry CL isn't available at RP, but glad you were able to get it at Portofino Bay .

Have a great time .

I'm not the one you quoted and we haven't actually stayed at a Universal resort, but have visited City Walk a few times and we have taken a boat to visit the resorts . I can't remember if the resorts are within walking distance, but the boats were convenient and didn't take long getting from City Walk to the resort(s).
Thanks. So is transfers like magical express meaning I don't have to be in the room for the bags to arrive? If that is the case then that is awesome and I'll just take my extra clothes and park stuff with me.
Old 07-31-2013, 04:07 PM   #1532
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkeliza View Post
Thanks. So is transfers like magical express meaning I don't have to be in the room for the bags to arrive? If that is the case then that is awesome and I'll just take my extra clothes and park stuff with me.
When I transferred my bags from CSR to poly CL in Aplril I had to call bell services when I got back to my room and they brought them right over. Mine arrived at 1pm.

A mom and me connection before year 2 of college. I sure will miss her

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 POP, GF 19 17
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-31-2013, 04:13 PM   #1533
wilkeliza
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post

When I transferred my bags from CSR to poly CL in Aplril I had to call bell services when I got back to my room and they brought them right over. Mine arrived at 1pm.
So my question is what time does bell services leave for the night? We aren't going to get back to the resort until 11pm at the earliest and can't go back early. I guess I can always ask luggage in the morning and if they say I have to be present just take the cab.
Old 07-31-2013, 04:35 PM   #1534
mistyfountain
Earning My Ears

Can anyone tell me if all the longhouses have been refurbished yet? We are going in 22 days and will need a wheelchair accessible room with roll in shower. As we are celebrating my 50th birthday and I have wanted to stay at the poly ever since I first visited over 30 years ago, I just wanted it to be as perfect as possible. I really don't want to be put in an old style room. Any idea which longhouse to request/avoid?
Old 07-31-2013, 04:50 PM   #1535
BigTex71
DIS Dad #536
Bring it!
It's a conspiracy, I tell you! <300 ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post

BigTex71 Your room sounds great well worth the wait! Have a great time! Would love to see pics of your view if you get the chance.
Here is a panorama shot from our balcony:

DIS Dad Club Member #536
2012 DisDads Fantasy Baseball Champion - Jungle (Nelson) Cruz

Wanna Read My PTR? Your Stunned Silence Is VERY Reassuring (Jan/Feb 2011)
A Private Dance With Cinderella...Our Surprise Trip Jan/Feb 2011

me dw ds(13) dd(7)

Old 07-31-2013, 05:11 PM   #1536
karriealex
When I am at the Polynesian I am home!

mickeynut1 How did you get two tickers side by side? I have been trying to do that all afternoon with no luck.
Old 07-31-2013, 05:43 PM   #1537
Disneyfun67
Earning My Ears

Ok its one day and then we leave just wanted to thank all of you for the great info. I am sure we will love it as much as all of you.
Old 07-31-2013, 05:57 PM   #1538
Jrabbit910
Keep Calm and get your Sparkle on!!

Great pic tex!!!! Hope ur having a blast!!!

Old 07-31-2013, 06:11 PM   #1539
karriealex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfun67 View Post
Ok its one day and then we leave just wanted to thank all of you for the great info. I am sure we will love it as much as all of you.
Have an awesome and safe trip sweetie!!
Old 07-31-2013, 06:12 PM   #1540
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
BigTex71 Your room sounds great well worth the wait! Have a great time! Would love to see pics of your view if you get the chance.
Sheila, I think this is the same room we had in December! Loved it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTex71 View Post

Great picture, enjoy your trip!
Old 07-31-2013, 06:31 PM   #1541
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by karriealex View Post
Wow. I wasn't happy about going to Universal for two days but DH just did something awesome. He told me to book both nights at Universal at club level at the Portofino Bay. We couldn't get the Royal Pacific at club level but I will keep checking. I still would rather just be at Disney but at least this change does make me feel better.
I am Dying to stay at PBR, it's beautiful

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 07-31-2013, 06:46 PM   #1542
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
BigTex71

Thanks for the picture Lovely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
Sheila, I think this is the same room we had in December! Loved it!!

Great picture, enjoy your trip!
Shelly I vaguely remember your pictures and think your right.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 07-31-2013, 07:36 PM   #1543
katie43901
Earning My Ears

Thinking about switching from YC to Poly...Do all standard view bathrooms share a sink and vanity area with the toilet and shower? TIA

1996-CBR 2000-POR 2007-POFQ 2009-GF 2009-POFQ 2011-BC 2012-BC 2013-Poly/POR 2014-BWI Aug 2014-YC
Old 07-31-2013, 07:51 PM   #1544
karriealex

Quote:
Originally Posted by katie43901 View Post
Thinking about switching from YC to Poly...Do all standard view bathrooms share a sink and vanity area with the toilet and shower? TIA
From the picture I saw of the club level Hawaii building the sinks are in with the tub and toilet. Not sure if any of the other longhouses are different as I have only ever stayed club level. I went to check because I haven't been there since the refurb.
Old 07-31-2013, 08:00 PM   #1545
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You can either go to bell services to get your luggage or you can call them from your room and they will deliver it to you, but they will not automatically deliver it when it arrives at the resort.

Quote:
So my question is what time does bell services leave for the night? We aren't going to get back to the resort until 11pm at the earliest and can't go back early. I guess I can always ask luggage in the morning and if they say I have to be present just take the cab.
That is a good question. I've never needed my luggage late at night, so I'm not sure how that works. Hopefully someone will be able to answer that question .

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyfountain View Post
Can anyone tell me if all the longhouses have been refurbished yet? We are going in 22 days and will need a wheelchair accessible room with roll in shower. As we are celebrating my 50th birthday and I have wanted to stay at the poly ever since I first visited over 30 years ago, I just wanted it to be as perfect as possible. I really don't want to be put in an old style room. Any idea which longhouse to request/avoid?
I know the completion date is October, but I'm not sure which ones still need to be done. I remember seeing a schedule posted somewhere, but I can't remember if it was on this thread or somewhere else. If I can find it, I'll post it .

Quote:
Great pic.....hope you're having a great time .

Quote:
Originally Posted by karriealex View Post
mickeynut1 How did you get two tickers side by side? I have been trying to do that all afternoon with no luck.
You had to ask me a hard question, didn't you . I'm not very computer savvy so I always have to play around with tickers to make them fit when I have more than one....LOL. I usually paste it in my signature where I think it will work and then go from there, redoing it as many times I need to before it works .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfun67 View Post
Have a great trip......you will love the Poly .

Quote:
Originally Posted by katie43901 View Post
Yes, all bathrooms have the sink/vanity area in with the toilet and shower.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: