Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 07:21 AM   #1501
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizneefamily+4 View Post
And we check in tomorrow! I guess we'll see ya there!!

Thank you!
Today is your day!!!! Enjoy your trip!!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 07-31-2013, 07:35 AM   #1502
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTex71 View Post
So, we checked in this morning! We arrived very early (we were ready to leave the Royal Pacific and start our 'real vacation, as my wife said.) We arrived around 7:30 am and our room wasn't ready. They offered us to check another room, but they said the room we had assigned was nice and we may want to consider waiting for it. (I booked GV, but a friend of a friend put in a request for me for this room, apparently.) So we decided to leave our luggage with bell services and head to Magic Kingdom.

We made rope drop at MK, and after riding practically everything in Fantasyland and then a few in Tommorowland, we decided to take a break and see if our room was ready - even though I had not received a text message yet. The room wasn't ready and I had a different CM. He said he could check for another room that was available and I said that was fine. As he was calling to check, he also told me the room we had assigned was a nice room (3rd floor Samoa overlooking the Volcano pool) and we might consider waiting (it was around 2pm by this time.) I took this as a sign and waited. We went to bell services and got our swim suits out of of luggage and went to the Volcano pool for about 45 minutes. After that, our room was ready. We went to check it out. As we walked down the hall towards the room, I noticed some apparent finishing touches still being done on a few rooms on the floor. I was told the room was the newest renovated room on the property, but I assumed hey meant it was just one of he new renovated rooms. No, I think they meant it literally!

This is our first stay at the Poly (we usually stay moderates) and I love this place! The redone rooms look awesome and my wife was impressed with the large bathroom. I am looking forward to 7 more days of awesome!

We had a working fridge and I requested a microwave - which they brought down within minutes. The service is great here and everyone is so friendly. I have a feeling we will forever be spoiled by this resort and will have a tough time going back to a moderate resort the next time.
BigTex71 Your room sounds great well worth the wait! Have a great time! Would love to see pics of your view if you get the chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
We check in tomorrow!! Sea World today!
Krystal Have fun today and can not wait to hear all about the Poly!

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-31-2013, 08:12 AM   #1503
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leannak View Post
While I'm at it, which longhouse would you recommend for someone who wants to be close to transportation, GCH, volcano pool and beach? We'll be going to chef mickey's first night and back and forth many times to MK and once to Epcot. Oh and we're doing the luau! We have ages from little kids and grandparents.
We found Samoa to be very convenient as it was just steps from all of the things you mention .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
We check in tomorrow!! Sea World today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angbuz View Post
21 days! We are getting super excited. We are going out shopping for some things for our trip and this is making the kids very excited. I can't wait until we step foot in the Poly. (I think I'm more excited about staying at the Poly than actually going to the parks .......my kids think I'm nuts!! Reading this thread and seeing pics has really made me long to be there and experience the Poly for myself......finally!
Just wanted to share my excitement!!!
You are going to love the Poly. I am the same way when it comes to the resort. We spend more time at the resort than we do the parks, so I look forward to getting to the resort and spending time there more than I want to go to the parks . And the Poly is just heavenly .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carriesouthard View Post
Ok, seriously feeling the EXACT same way!!!!!!!!! My families first ever poly stay. We are BC lovers but, my oh my, I think we will be converted on this trip....I can't even pinpoint one thing I'm super excited about....the whole resort has me bursting, 15 days for me
The Poly is awesome and you're going to love it . We've stayed at the BC and while we did like it, the Poly is just .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 07-31-2013, 09:00 AM   #1504
Tikiman
He kuikawa ka 'ikena o kela wahi ho'oku ka'a e waiho kala'e ihola ma 'o!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandReneePlus5 View Post
Mr. Tikiman! If you are around....

Can you clarify something in regards to the above...your (awesome) website map shows Tokelau sitting between what you've labeled "East Pool Area" and "Garden Area".

Am I correct that "East Pool Area" is in fact the west side of the building, and faces the East Pool of the resort, and the "Garden Area" is the east side of the building?

Also, do you have a list of connecting rooms by building? Or at least Tokelau.

finally, if you are around the Poly 8/6-8/15 please let me know...would love to buy you a beer.
Yes the west side of Tokelau faces the east pool (aka quiet pool). The east side of Tokelau faces Tahiti, Rapa Nui and the gardens between them.
My new floor plans will show all connecting rooms but if you need to know the numbers in Tokelau I can get those when I get home. Just send me a PM to remind me.
I wish I was going to be there but I don’t know if I will be back until maybe next year.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:42 AM   #1505
wilkeliza
DIS Veteran

My Poly leg of my split stu starts tomorrow. I'm going from Pop to Poly. What is ya'lls advice for getting me and me stuff there? I was originally thinking bell services and the buses but though wow I have to get up early and plan at least an extra hour for that. Plus my stuff won't be in the room until that night. I looked at cab and it is only 20 an lets me sleep in later and get to the hotel faster.

What have you guys who have done split stays done?
Old 07-31-2013, 11:07 AM   #1506
mirage0306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkeliza View Post
My Poly leg of my split stu starts tomorrow. I'm going from Pop to Poly. What is ya'lls advice for getting me and me stuff there? I was originally thinking bell services and the buses but though wow I have to get up early and plan at least an extra hour for that. Plus my stuff won't be in the room until that night. I looked at cab and it is only 20 an lets me sleep in later and get to the hotel faster.

We have done a couple of split stays now, and what we do is pack everything up, call bell services and have them take our bags, then go to a park until mid-afternoon. Then we go check into the new resort, call bell services and have our bags brought up to our room.

If you wanted to go straight over to the Poly from Pop you definitely could just get a cab and take your bags with you. Either way would work fine--do whatever sounds easiest to you. But I will tell you we have not had any problems with the way we do it. Have fun!!!

2011: WDW, Wilderness Lodge | 2012: WDW, Caribbean Beach/Boardwalk Inn CL/Animal Kingdom Lodge | 2013: WDW, Polynesian CL/Animal Kingdom Lodge CL | 2013: DLR, Candy Cane Inn

Up next: CCI/GCH, August 2014

Old 07-31-2013, 11:22 AM   #1507
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkeliza View Post

We had bell services take our bags. Then we took the bus to Epcot and rode the monorail to TTC, then Poly. Probably not the fastest way, but it was fun arriving at the Poly with the announcement "ladies and gentlemen we are now stopping at Disney World's Polynesian Resort ..." The kids loved it!

me DH DD22 DD11 DD9 Finnegan
1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF ~ 2015 Magic Mediterranean
Old 07-31-2013, 11:37 AM   #1508
apocalyps3
Earning My Ears

For those of you who are referencing requesting specific buildings at the Poly, does Disney do that? Can you arrange that ahead of time? I thought I read that you can request something when you arrive, but its up to them based on their availability and the staffer you're talking to at the time.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:42 AM   #1509
4RJN
Earning My Ears

Love it

I Love it!!!!
Old 07-31-2013, 11:42 AM   #1510
karriealex
When I am at the Polynesian I am home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalyps3 View Post
For those of you who are referencing requesting specific buildings at the Poly, does Disney do that? Can you arrange that ahead of time? I thought I read that you can request something when you arrive, but its up to them based on their availability and the staffer you're talking to at the time.
You can request but it does depend on availability. Disney does however try and grant your wishes if they can.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:43 AM   #1511
mirage0306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalyps3 View Post
When you do online checkin, you can make up to two requests, such as a specific building or location (close to transportation, third floor, etc.). These are not guaranteed--it has to do with your dates and availability. We only made one request this time (third floor) and it was granted.

2011: WDW, Wilderness Lodge | 2012: WDW, Caribbean Beach/Boardwalk Inn CL/Animal Kingdom Lodge | 2013: WDW, Polynesian CL/Animal Kingdom Lodge CL | 2013: DLR, Candy Cane Inn

Up next: CCI/GCH, August 2014

Old 07-31-2013, 11:43 AM   #1512
karriealex
When I am at the Polynesian I am home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4RJN View Post
I Love it!!!!
Are you there?
Old 07-31-2013, 11:48 AM   #1513
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

Quote:
Originally Posted by leannak
Forgive me, but I have ANOTHER question.

I have two standard rooms booked for my family. If I request Fiji or Samoa or someplace with good standard views (but NO castle view), does that eliminate any chance of a nice lagoon view upgrade? I'm guessing they won't want to move us out of the building we requested... especially since we have two rooms! Am I better off requesting a room that has lagoon and standard views?

(No, I'm not expecting or really even hoping for an upgrade... i just don't want to eliminate all chances of one. : )

While I'm at it, which longhouse would you recommend for someone who wants to be close to transportation, GCH, volcano pool and beach? We'll be going to chef mickey's first night and back and forth many times to MK and once to Epcot. Oh and we're doing the luau! We have ages from little kids and grandparents.
You can only request a lagoon view if you booked lagoon view. IMO, Fiji is convenient and the marina side ( which is still considered standard view) is nice!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalyps3
No, you can request a specific longhouse when you make your reservation and when you check in online but it's also based on availability, however, they do try their best to meet your requests. The past 2 times we have requested Fiji, marina side, and the request has been met each time.

Sent from my Galaxy SII
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise for 2014.

Old 07-31-2013, 11:53 AM   #1514
Masonmj84
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage0306 View Post
We have done a couple of split stays now, and what we do is pack everything up, call bell services and have them take our bags, then go to a park until mid-afternoon. Then we go check into the new resort, call bell services and have our bags brought up to our room.
This ^^^.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:59 AM   #1515
wilkeliza
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiapapaya View Post

We had bell services take our bags. Then we took the bus to Epcot and rode the monorail to TTC, then Poly. Probably not the fastest way, but it was fun arriving at the Poly with the announcement "ladies and gentlemen we are now stopping at Disney World's Polynesian Resort ..." The kids loved it!
When you have bell services do it how long does it normally take for bags and did you have to set it up in advance? I'll put everything I need in my carry on and bring that with me personally. I just don't want to come back from Animal Kingdom and end up with out my luggage because it is still at Pop.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: