Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2013, 11:48 AM   #1
LovesTimone
DIS Veteran

Departure Day Delimma- Advice Please

My friends - sister and family are heading to WDW, they have had to rearrange everything, due to work issues, they have had to completely redo arrival and departure times, now they are landing super early on arrival day, we covered what to do in case the room is not ready and where to go for some in room items. With these changes they also decided on renting a car, and they are going to check out some of the other things Orlando has to offer while they are here. I helped them get that planned out, now on to departure day, normally they would have to check out at 11:00 am, but their flight is now at 11:00+ something PM. They will have 4 kids with them 2 fairly small, and they really don't want to give up their room and are willing to pay for it for the extra night.

Basically they want enjoy the parks, pool and nap and also want to be able to go back to the room and clean up before the long flight home. They will be have a long international flight ahead of them.

Is there any issue of checking out before hand? they are looking around 9:00 to check out ?

Any thoughts?
LovesTimone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 11:56 AM   #2
mckelvey72
Mouseketeer

f they are willing to pay for that night and not actually be there for the entire night, sure there will be no issues. But they could call the hotel and try to work something out, you never know. It is worth a shot before just paying for an extra room.

mckelvey72 is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-22-2013, 11:59 AM   #3
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovesTimone View Post
My friends - sister and family are heading to WDW, they have had to rearrange everything, due to work issues, they have had to completely redo arrival and departure times, now they are landing super early on arrival day, we covered what to do in case the room is not ready and where to go for some in room items. With these changes they also decided on renting a car, and they are going to check out some of the other things Orlando has to offer while they are here. I helped them get that planned out, now on to departure day, normally they would have to check out at 11:00 am, but their flight is now at 11:00+ something PM. They will have 4 kids with them 2 fairly small, and they really don't want to give up their room and are willing to pay for it for the extra night.

Basically they want enjoy the parks, pool and nap and also want to be able to go back to the room and clean up before the long flight home. They will be have a long international flight ahead of them.

Is there any issue of checking out before hand? they are looking around 9:00 to check out ?

Any thoughts?
As long as they pay for that night, they can check out and leave whenever they are ready .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 12:43 PM   #4
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

They will be just fine. Only suggestion I have is to leave earlier. International 11pm flight from mco? Be inside the airport at 8. So be in the car leaving the resort by at least 7. Allows a bit of time for driving, gassing up the car, returning the car, and getting across to the terminal.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 01:29 PM   #5
LilyWDW
Going to My Happy Place

They will need to pay for the extra night.

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney
DIS'er OCTOBER 2014 FB Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1398705187009744/

LilyWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 01:46 PM   #6
LovesTimone
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
They will be just fine. Only suggestion I have is to leave earlier. International 11pm flight from mco? Be inside the airport at 8. So be in the car leaving the resort by at least 7. Allows a bit of time for driving, gassing up the car, returning the car, and getting across to the terminal.
They are flying to JFK or somewhere to make the connection for the international flight. I am not really sure of the details on that. I will relay the info on the time frame so that they are aware, normally I think that they take ME round trip. Thanks for the tip.
LovesTimone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 02:11 PM   #7
TagsMissy
Counting down the days... It's not always easy being the wife of a soldier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyWDW View Post
They will need to pay for the extra night.
Yup they already said they would pay for the extra night.
79-95 Numerous Disneyland Trips/98 POFQ /08 POR/09 POR, SSR/AKV Kidani & BLT/11 BWV & BLT/12 Aulani & Disneyland Club 33/13 DL Club 33/Wonder & BLT/BWV/14 AKV Jambo/VWL & DL Friend's Wedding Celebration/15 DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean

TagsMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 09:43 PM   #8
fefe76
Earning My Ears

Depature Day

Some hotels offer late check-outs, some free, others may have a surcharge. I have had as late as 4 pm depending on availability. When we stayed at the Swan/Dolphin, we checked our luggage at the front desk at checkout and hung out at the pool all day. There was a shower-room for us to change into travel clothes and head to the airport in from there. Other trips we have spent the departure day at area parks, where the kids can play and we can relax and hang-out. We have a 2 hour flight, so the park/pool may be tiring before international flights, but I would check the hotel first. Also, if the hotel offers a rewards club, I suggest joining it for extra consideration for late checkouts.
fefe76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 01:13 AM   #9
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by fefe76 View Post
Some hotels offer late check-outs, some free, others may have a surcharge. I have had as late as 4 pm depending on availability. When we stayed at the Swan/Dolphin, we checked our luggage at the front desk at checkout and hung out at the pool all day. There was a shower-room for us to change into travel clothes and head to the airport in from there. Other trips we have spent the departure day at area parks, where the kids can play and we can relax and hang-out. We have a 2 hour flight, so the park/pool may be tiring before international flights, but I would check the hotel first. Also, if the hotel offers a rewards club, I suggest joining it for extra consideration for late checkouts.
Agree here - a lot of hotels will charge a day rate or just impose a fee rather than charging you for a full nights rate. If they are going to check out by 7 and the resort isn't at capacity, they may be able to do this.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 02:03 AM   #10
Networth
DIS Veteran

As others have said get the room. I don't believe Disney does "day rates" but its worth a shot. Either way get the room, having a place to relax, nap, and unwind before a long international flight is defiantly worth the extra money IMO.

Next Trip: 12/12/14-12/20/14 Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.
Networth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 02:58 AM   #11
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

WDW's late check out is 1pm and it is quite possible that they may not even be able to get that. Maybe but maybe not...it is probably best that they just pay for the room for the night and they can vacate whenever they choose.
Hope they have a wonderful trip!
stitchlovestink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 09:17 AM   #12
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Networth View Post
As others have said get the room. I don't believe Disney does "day rates" but its worth a shot. Either way get the room, having a place to relax, nap, and unwind before a long international flight is defiantly worth the extra money IMO.
Any hotel can and will provide a day rate so long as capacity is not near full. Since Disney operates at higher capacity rates than other hotels, they may never need to bother with day rates but they can if the circumstances are right.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 09:40 AM   #13
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fefe76 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkereina View Post
Agree here - a lot of hotels will charge a day rate or just impose a fee rather than charging you for a full nights rate. If they are going to check out by 7 and the resort isn't at capacity, they may be able to do this.
Unless it's changed (and if late check out is available), up until 1 p.m. is free; 1-3 pm is half a night's room rate; 3 pm or later is a full night's rate. However, there is no guarantee that late check out (free or otherwise) would be available on short notice, so since they are willing to pay for the extra night, it's best to include that night in the original reservation so they are guaranteed a place to relax, shower, etc. prior to checking out.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: