Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2013, 01:58 PM   #31
spiritsim
DIS Veteran

waves!

Just started reading your report, Jessica seems like a real pistal. Just like my granddaughter Audrey. Great pics really clear, what type of camera do you have? We are going to POR for our trip next year so I can't wait to see what you think of the place

WDW Commando Member #241
First time in the world! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3134097
Old 07-09-2013, 03:41 PM   #32
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Really enjoying your report Grace. Congratulations on your graduation!!

That little Jessica is adorable and quite the little diva. It's so neat to watch a kid's first trip to WDW. Also, I think you may have a future Disney princess on your hands there.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-09-2013, 08:46 PM   #33
Simba22
DIS Veteran

all caught up! What a great start to your trip!

Jessica's "OMG WE'RE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!" pic is sooo cute! You can't fake that kind of excitement!

I know how you feel though about that CM! Sometimes, they're just not all that magical, but hey - they're people! I just always try to remember that and move on!

What the heck was up with Tigger? Maybe he had too much sugar that morning...yeah...let's go with that!
Old 07-09-2013, 11:32 PM   #34
ThePin Princess
disney princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherandDaughter View Post
The Crystal Palace is one of my favorite character meals. I love the characters so maybe that’s why.

That view is amazing! Great dining seats!

The food there is pretty good. I’m really hungry now.

Some cast members really show the Disney magic when some don’t. I’m glad you fixed the problem but had to spend extra money

The pin trade picture is priceless
We love Crystal Palace and Winnie the Pooh! We loved the food and the view! Even thought the CM wasn't all that helpful we were glad that we were able to work everything out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Great update!
Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy442 View Post
I love Crystal Palace, I do the same think check, double check and triple check before I leave for any restaurant's. Every once in a while you get a CM who didn't read the fine print, the customer is always right. Or at least try to help you fix the problem.
We loved it! I was so thrilled to make that reservation! I know she wasn't all that full of joy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmy2babies View Post

I recognized your ID from my TR and figured I'd pop over. Great report so far. Jessica is so cute. We also love Crystal Palace. We've eaten there each of our 3 trips. Sorry about the wierd Tigger.
Hi welcome!! Thank you, glad you enjoy it! We've eaten there many times as well, we absolutely love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsheliz View Post
Great Trip Report so far! Jessica is adorable! I have a sister named Jessica too...

How hot was it? My son's birthday is in July and I would love to surprise him one year and go to Disney instead of having a party!
Thank you! Glad to have you here! It was pretty hot, we carried around hand fans/water sprayers we got from a Walgreens. It was easy to manage the heat as long as you're not directly in the sun for too, too long. But I think that'd be a great idea, maybe even in August. We usually go in August and September, the lines seem to be shorter and its cooled off a little bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritsim View Post
Just started reading your report, Jessica seems like a real pistal. Just like my granddaughter Audrey. Great pics really clear, what type of camera do you have? We are going to POR for our trip next year so I can't wait to see what you think of the place
Welcome!! Jessica is quite the character I must admit she says/does the funniest things. We have a Canon PowerShot SX130 (12.1 Megapixels). I'm pretty sure it's just a point & shoot camera, it takes really great outdoor pictures! We loved the POR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKid4Life View Post
Really enjoying your report Grace. Congratulations on your graduation!!

That little Jessica is adorable and quite the little diva. It's so neat to watch a kid's first trip to WDW. Also, I think you may have a future Disney princess on your hands there.
Thank you for reading! Glad you like it! And thank you!!! She is indeed quite the diva, she loved the trip and will still say things like "remember this?" She's definitely a princess haha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba22 View Post
all caught up! What a great start to your trip!

Jessica's "OMG WE'RE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!" pic is sooo cute! You can't fake that kind of excitement!

I know how you feel though about that CM! Sometimes, they're just not all that magical, but hey - they're people! I just always try to remember that and move on!

What the heck was up with Tigger? Maybe he had too much sugar that morning...yeah...let's go with that!
Welcome and thank you! Jessica was genuinely excited about everything. Haha definitely too excited!
Old 07-10-2013, 12:30 AM   #35
maryr1oz
Mouseketeer

Really enjoying your report!

2012 - Disneyland Paris - Newport Bay Club - Better late than never? - 2009 - Disneyland - Desert Inn and Suites - 2007 - Disneyland - Anaheim Plaza Inn - 2005 - Disneyland - Super 8 on Katella - 1998 - Disneyland Paris - Hotel Santa Fe
Old 07-10-2013, 11:28 AM   #36
ThePin Princess
disney princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryr1oz View Post
Really enjoying your report!
Thank you so much! I'm really glad you're enjoying it!
Old 07-10-2013, 07:07 PM   #37
ThePin Princess
disney princess

Naps for everyone! Day 1 (Part 5)

Naps for everyone! Day 1 (Part 5)

After we said ‘au revoir’ to the Magic Kingdom, we headed to the bus stop to hitch a ride back to Riverside. We got to our bus stop and had to wait a few minutes, so I mean obviously we took pictures!

Then Little Miss decided she wanted to be the photographer.

Jessica’s amazing photography skills:

(Brace yourselves)

A montage of feet, if you will. Feet-a-phobics you may scroll right along past this.

Because everyone’s feet should have a time to shine!

After Jessica was done with feet, the bus arrived and we were en route to Riverside. When we arrived Jill and Jessica headed to the room to change and head to the pool and Mom, Dad and I headed to Luggage Storage to claim our belongings.

After we retrieved our carry-ons, a kind CM gave us a leisurely golf cart ride to our building. We were in Building 18. We were supposed to have a pool view but instead had a preferred room. Nobody was mad.

When we got to the room I took very few pictures.. I apologize, I was tired and grumpy and was just a bad Diser.

MICKEY TOWEL

*Courtesy of portorleans.org

*Courtesy of allears.net

Blurry picture but I loved these pillows! So cute!

I do love how they’ve given these rooms a Princess and the Frog theme. However the ugly bass shower curtains definitely need to go.

We got settled into the room, unpacked, and got comfy. I lay down on my bed and went to turn on the TV. To my surprise it won’t turn on! NO STACEY!

I wrote in my trip journal “This day hasn’t been super duper yet, but I’m hoping it’s going to be a good rest of the day.”

So I called down and they sent someone right away. Someone came and fixed the TV for me so I could watch Stacey! Thank you kind sir.

Jessica and Jill came back from the pool and shower and then we all laid down for a while and rested. Jessica, Jill and Dad fell asleep but Mom and I did not.

At 6:30 we started getting ready to head back to MK, we didn’t want to miss our chance to meet the princesses! We still had those fastpasses and if we didn’t get a move on it we’d never make it in time! We were out the door by 6:45.

We got the bus stop and waited about ten minutes for a bus and by 7:20 we were back at the Magic Kingdom!

Up Next: The princess meets THE Princesses!

Last edited by ThePin Princess; 07-12-2013 at 04:53 PM.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:32 PM   #38
beckyx3
Mouseketeer

Just wanted to say I'm joining in! Love your Iron Man shirt and I took a peek at your PTR, Dance Moms is absolutely the best show on tv!!
Old 07-10-2013, 09:27 PM   #39
MotherandDaughter
Mouseketeer

Love Jessica’s mini photo shoot.

Love those Mickey towels! I don’t remember if I ever got those at a hotel. Too bad we are staying of-site this trip.

I like the hotel room. I love The Princess and the Frog so that must be the place for me.

I would of called and asked them to fix the T.V. so I could watch Stacey too.
Even when you’re in your hotel room watching TV, you get the Disney magic.
Summer 2013: Offsite
Next trip: none at the moment

DD DM DD
Old 07-11-2013, 06:41 AM   #40
Goofy442
DIS Veteran

I have stayed at Port Orleans before and didn't know they had a pull out bed. Good to know. Love the pictures.

Old 07-11-2013, 08:03 AM   #41
spiritsim
DIS Veteran

shoes

I have read many, many times not to wear flip flops in the parks, I live in flip flops, I think it's because people step on your feet. Or something did you have any problems wearing flip flops?

WDW Commando Member #241
First time in the world! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3134097
Old 07-11-2013, 08:43 AM   #42
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Great update
Old 07-11-2013, 10:39 AM   #43
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Haha, the "Little Miss" pictures are actually quite good.

Oh no, I would have seriously DIED if the TV didn't work and I couldn't check in with Stacey. Thank goodness it was fixed!
Old 07-11-2013, 12:39 PM   #44
ThePin Princess
disney princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckyx3 View Post
Just wanted to say I'm joining in! Love your Iron Man shirt and I took a peek at your PTR, Dance Moms is absolutely the best show on tv!!
Thanks for joining! Thank you I love that shirt I alway get so many compliments on it! And yes, Dance Moms is the greatest! I'm in love with it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherandDaughter View Post
Love Jessica’s mini photo shoot.

Love those Mickey towels! I don’t remember if I ever got those at a hotel. Too bad we are staying of-site this trip.

I like the hotel room. I love The Princess and the Frog so that must be the place for me.

I would of called and asked them to fix the T.V. so I could watch Stacey too.
Even when you’re in your hotel room watching TV, you get the Disney magic.
Jessica's definitely a talented photographer, more of that to come. I love the Disney towels, staying on property is always a nice treat. The room was awesome, it's definitely the Princess and the Frog hotel, I have more pictures of that to come later as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy442 View Post
I have stayed at Port Orleans before and didn't know they had a pull out bed. Good to know. Love the pictures.
We have too and we had no idea, it pulled out right from the wall under the TV, when the bed was up it was just a bench with drawers under it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Great update
Thank you, glad you enjoyed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKid4Life View Post
Haha, the "Little Miss" pictures are actually quite good.

Oh no, I would have seriously DIED if the TV didn't work and I couldn't check in with Stacey. Thank goodness it was fixed!
She's quite the photographer haha. I know I was like "Why isn't the TV working.. Where's Stacey!!" I mean what is a Disney vacation without Stacey
Old 07-11-2013, 02:39 PM   #45
luvmy2babies
DIS Veteran

Glad you got the TV fixed. I loved watching Stacey on our trip last month. I got on my dd's nerves singing the "Living it up!" song every day.

June 2012: Going with the flow with Tropical Storm Debby TR (1st 5 days): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2953583
June 2013: Our Disney World Road Trip TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3137685
May 2014: Best trip yet. Working on the TR

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: