Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2013, 06:23 PM   #1
ThePin Princess
disney princess

"Why is everybody wearing plastic jackets?!" June 2013 TR NEW X3 1/21 COMPLETED

"Why is everybody wearing plastic jackets?!" June 2013 TR!

Ladies and gentlemen, boy and girls, children of all ages! May I present to you a spectacle most of the morning in the making. Mark your calendars because you will want to tell your grandchildren about the day you read the Coolest Trip Report Ever! (Shout out to my fellow Phineas and Ferb fans).

Welcome aboard all! Whether you read my pre-trip report or youre just joining now, Welcome! This is my first trip report! Woo! In the event that you didnt read my PTR here is a quick characters list. Feel free to skip over this if you know who we are!

Characters!

Well start on the left with Mom!!

Donna (Mom): Shes awesome, shes normally the planner, however I took on that role this trip. Moms been to Disney World & Disneyland many, many times, and her favorite character is Donald.

Grace (Me - 18 years old): The mastermind behind the plan, I planned out the days and everything for this trip. My favorite characters are Rapunzel, Tigger, and Tinkerbell. This was my seventh trip to Disney World.

Rapunzel! Unfortunately shes not part of the family.

Jessica (5 years old): This was Jessicas first trip to Disney World and it was a complete surprise for her. Her favorite characters are Minnie, Rapunzel and Ariel.

Jill (23 years old): Jill has been to Disney World ten times I think. Her favorite characters are Eeyore and Grumpy.

Rich (Dad): Dad has been to Disney World and Land very many times, his favorite character is Mickey.

Details:

When? June 13th 18th, 2013

Where? Port Orleans Riverside

Why? Graduation Trip!

As I mention before this trip was a total surprise for Jessica and it was her very first trip! And she was extremely surprised!

Coming Next: Day 1!

Last edited by ThePin Princess; 01-21-2014 at 01:52 PM.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:24 PM   #2
ThePin Princess
disney princess

Chapters

Chapters

Introduction

Day 1
"Yes, more minutes!" Day 1 (Part 1)
And We're Off! Day 1 (Part 2)
Dream Along With Mickey! Day 1 (Part 3)
A Hundred Acres of Delicious Food! Day 1 (Part 4: I)
A Hundred Acres of Delicious Food! Day 1 (Part 4: II)
Naps for everyone! Day 1 (Part 5)
"Are there bunnies in your shoes?!" Day 1 (Part 6)
"Oh, Captain, my Captain!" Day 1 (Part 7)
Day 1 Fun-ness

Day 2
"Let me hear you 'RAWR'!" Day 2 (Part 1)
"That was NOT fun!" Day 2 (Part 2)
"Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, swimming, swimming!" Day 2 (Part 3)
Night Time Magic! Day 2 (Part 4)
Parade Time Baby! Day 2 (Part 5)
"Wishes! Dream a dream! Day 2 (Part 6)

Day 3
"I don't want that! That's embarrassing!" Day 3 (Part 1)
Oh So Many New Friends! Day 3 (Part 2)
The Bury Flue One! Day 3 (Part 3)
A Monstrous Meet And Greet! Day 3 (Part 4)
Plastic Jackets?! Day 3 (Part 5)
Eating Our Way Around The World! Day 3 (Part 6: I)
Eating Our Way Around The World! Day 3 (Part 6: II)

Day 4
Fathers Day! Day 4 (Part 1)
Transportation A Plenty! Day 4 (Part 2)
Downtown Disney! Day 4 (Part 3)

Day 5
Rope Drop At The Magic Kingdom! Day 5 (Part 1 I)
Rope Drop At The Magic Kingdom! Day 5 (Part 1 II)
Chef Mickey's! Day 5 (Part 2)
My New Friend, Mr. Wiggles! Day 5 (Part 3)
Pixie Hollows! Day 5 (Part 4)
Dole Whips For Everyone! Day 5 (Part 5)
Our Final Night! Day 5 (Part 6)

Day 6
The Beginning of the End! Day 6 (Part 1)
Soarin' To New Heights! Day 6 (Part 2)
Heading Home Day 6 (Part 3)

Last edited by ThePin Princess; 01-21-2014 at 02:03 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-21-2013, 08:25 AM   #3
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

In for your TR!
Old 06-21-2013, 08:31 AM   #4
Grumpy's Wife
Dollar Tree gal here
sissy fluffed, sissy fluffed!
Someone needs to pretend we've got a clue
Chocolate is a girls heaven

Joining in.

Old 06-21-2013, 10:58 PM   #5
ThePin Princess
disney princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
In for your TR!
Hi thanks for joining!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy's Wife View Post
Joining in.
Hi there! Welcome!
Old 06-22-2013, 12:19 AM   #6
ThePin Princess
disney princess

"Yes, more minutes!" Day 1 (Part 1)

Yes, more minutes! Day 1 (Part 1)

Day 1  June 13th 2013

Mom, Dad, Jill and I all woke up bright and early at about 4:15 am. I got changed and did my hair. I wore my Ironman T-shirt.

At about 4:45, we woke Jessica up. We had some trouble getting Jessica up. The conversation went a little something like this..

Jessica, time to get up. Time in to go school, youre going to be late.
No, I dont want to get up.
Come on, Jess.
Five more minutes!?
No more minutes.
Yes more minutes!

We all burst out laughing, Jessica was not amused. She did finally get up. I told her to come downstairs because there was a big surprise waiting for her.

I had left this out the night before.

So she came downstairs, refused to let us take pictures or video tape, and finally figured out the surprise. She was super excited!

We got her changed and did her hair. Then Jess and I took some pictures!

Our WERE GOING TO DISNEY faces!

This is a video of Jessica, just click on it:

Disneyland... Disney World... Same thing!

We had packed up the car the night before, so we hopped in the car and pulled out of the drive way at 5:15 and we were on our way!

Up Next: Airport and arrival!

Last edited by ThePin Princess; 06-23-2013 at 11:14 AM.
Old 06-23-2013, 11:13 AM   #7
ThePin Princess
disney princess

And We're Off! Day 1 (Part 2)

And Were Off! Day 1 (Part 2)

We arrived at the airport at about 6:15. We unloaded the trunk and dad went to park the car. While dad was off parking the car, us girls checked the luggage at the curb side check in. We already had our tickets because mom printed them out the day before through online check-in.

While we were checking the luggage, I noticed a woman carrying a Minnie Mouse bag and I asked Jessica who was on that womans bag. The woman said she liked Jessicas bow because it matched her purse and she said she was going to Disney World as well.

Her and her husband were celebrating their anniversary and it ended up that we were all staying at the same hotel and were on the same flight and Magical Express bus. We saw them a few times throughout our stay.

Waiting in line for security I got my first shirt compliment of the day, it was a guy about my age and he looked at me and did a double take and was like Woah! Nice shirt! It was a pretty awesome start to the day.

Going through security was a breeze for everybody but Jill. She had a problem with the bobby pins in her hair. I thought that was funny because I was wearing bobby pins too and I was perfectly fine.

Waiting for Momma after security

We all got through security by 6:30 and made our way to our gate. Mom and Jill went to Dunkin Donuts to get breakfast for everyone. Mom and I got egg and cheese on bagels, Dad and Jill got muffins, and Jessica got a donut.

Jessica playing on her Leap Pad waiting for the plane

We had a while to wait because our flight wasnt until 8:00. Dad did some work, Jill and Mom played on their phones, Jessica did some coloring and I read a little bit on Anna Karenina.

Soon enough it was time to board the plane. We lined up and funny enough the people standing behind us were going to Disney too. They were DVC members at Old Key West and their son also graduated this year too anddd he was friends with one of my friends! Small world!

So we boarded the flight, everyone got situated and it was just about time to leave.

Jessica on the plane! Woo, almost ready to take off!

A rhyme from our flight attendant:

Buda-bing, we got that ding.
Means its time to fly this thing.
Give your sweetheart a hug,
And you seatbelt a tug.
Its time to get this Boeing going.

We took off promptly at 8:00 am. We were on our way! Our flight attendants were very funny. The flight was a little bumpy but fast, we arrived about 10 minutes ahead of schedule.

Jessica and I sat together, she passed the time by coloring, playing with her Leap Pad, and then towards the end of the flight I tried to have her take a nap but she couldnt fall asleep so we listen to some music.

Some pictures we took during our lovely flight

Papa, why are you doing your lazy face?!

As we began landing her ears started to part and she had a mini meltdown. She didnt really understand why it was happening and she really didnt like it.

The plane landed and our flight attendants welcomed us to Orlando! The same flight attendant who entertained us at the beginning of the flight sang us a rendition of Zip-a-dee-do-da Orlando Style.

We headed off the plane, took the mini-monorail and made our way to Magical Express.

Us on the mini-monorail

We had some minor trouble finding where to go, we went to the A side and it was on the B side or vice-versa. But eventually we found it.

We were on a Disney Cruise Bus

We boarded our Magical Express bus at 11:15 and were on our way to the happiest place on earth, Disney World!!! Jessica wasnt very interested in the video they played on DME, she just wanted to play games on my sisters phone. She did love the cartoons, however.

I posted this on Instagram:
Yayyy! En route to the World

We were in the back of the bus so this was the best I could do in terms of taking a Welcome to Disney World picture.

Jess watching cartoons

We arrived at Port Orleans Riverside at noon, we were the third stop after Old Key West and French Quarter. We got our bags and headed to the front desk to check-in. Mom checked-in with the online check-in the night before so check-in was simple.

While Mom checked in I went to change into shorts in the bathroom because our room wouldnt be ready until later. Then I ran to Fultons the general store and bought an autograph book and pen for Jessica from Mickey.

Mom and I went to concierge to try and change my ticket to a five day because I already had a four day park hopper with no expiration left over from a previous trip and we wanted to add one day but apparently you cant do that.

The CM at concierge complimented my shirt and said she had one similar to it, that she found it in the little boys section. I told her that was exactly where I found my shirt, and we talked about that for a few minutes.

We went back to the gang, gave Jessica her presents from Mickey and headed to luggage storage. We left our carry ons and we hopped on the next bus to the Magic Kingdom!

The man at Luggage Storage gave Jessica a sticker

Our bus driver Nelson was messing with me for my shirt. He kept making me the center of attention and asking me to show everyone my powers. It was very funny.

Up Next: Dream Along With Mickey and Magical day in MK!

Last edited by ThePin Princess; 07-06-2013 at 12:25 PM.
Old 06-30-2013, 02:20 PM   #8
ThePin Princess
disney princess

Hi gang! I just wanted to post quickly to let you know I didn't forget about you guys! I'm just waiting on our Photopass CD to be done before I post the next update! Some of our photos didn't get put on one of our cards so we're just waiting a few days to see if they can find them for us. So be looking for an update soon!
Old 07-01-2013, 02:23 PM   #9
Goofy442
DIS Veteran

All caught up, great start.

Old 07-04-2013, 12:07 PM   #10
ThePin Princess
disney princess

Happy Fourth of July everyone!!!! Hope you all have a lovely day!
Old 07-05-2013, 01:00 PM   #11
Goofy442
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePin Princess View Post
Happy Fourth of July everyone!!!! Hope you all have a lovely day!
Thank You. Hope you all had a great day too. Thou I wish I was at Disney watching the fireworks.

Old 07-06-2013, 12:13 PM   #12
ThePin Princess
disney princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy442 View Post
All caught up, great start.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy442 View Post
Thank You. Hope you all had a great day too. Thou I wish I was at Disney watching the fireworks.
Thanks for joining! And I completely agree!
Old 07-06-2013, 12:22 PM   #13
ThePin Princess
disney princess

Our golden chariot (a.k.a. our Disney bus) arrived at the Magic Kingdom at 1:00
PM and we headed towards the main gate.

First MK picture!

We got through bag check after one of the officers tricked Mom into thinking they went to the same high school. It was very funny.

We went to go through the gates with the new magical Mickey head things but we had old tickets so we had to do it with a CM who had an iPad but all was well and we were in!

So we headed in to the park! We didn’t even know what to do first, so we decided to grab some fastpasses for the Princesses.

While Mom and I grabbed the fastpasses, Dad, Jill and Jessica escaped the heat in the store right next door.

Jessica in the Rapunzel hat

With our fastpasses in hand, we headed down Main Street just in time for the 1:15 performance of Dream Along With Mickey!

Castle pic!

Photopass pictures we've all been waiting for!

We got to the end of Main Street and found a place to stand for DAWM. Unfortunately, it was extremely hot and the sun was everywhere. Dad went to stand in the shade off to the side but Mom, Jill, Jessica and I stood directly in the sun for a fabulous view of our favorite princesses and princes.

I’d never seen this show before, none of us had, but I really enjoyed it. Jessica absolutely loved it!

When the show was over we headed to Adventureland!

I had read that Pirates of the Caribbean was closing for renovations on the 17th so I wanted to make sure that we got a chance to ride this before it was closed.

We got to Adventureland and stopped to buy some waters because it really was just so hot. Then we headed straight to Pirates. The wait time said 35 minutes but it was more like 20. The queue scared Jessica a bit, we tried to tell her it was pirates just like Jake from Jake and the Neverland Pirates but she didn’t really buy it.

On the ride we had the second meltdown of the day. A few tears were shed but I told her that they weren’t real people and that nothing scary was going to happen. I also taught her the word “animatronics” and explained to her that the “people” were really animatronics. She didn’t really get it but she did stop crying.

After Pirates, we headed to the Enchanted Tiki Room which Jessica was a huge fan of! She loved the song and the birds, it was just a good time all around.

After the Tiki Room we regrouped and decided we would head back towards Main Street.

Jess after the Tiki Room

On our walk back, Jill decided she wanted to take a walk through the Swiss Robinson Family Treehouse.

View from the top

Jessica on her climb

Once we got back to the mainland, we head to check in for our lunch ADR with some of our favorite friends from the Hundred Acre Woods!

Up Next: What has Tigger been drinking?

Old 07-06-2013, 12:37 PM   #14
Cadenza
Earning My Ears

Jessica is adorable! The pose she strikes for pictures is too precious. CAn't wait for more!
Old 07-06-2013, 01:20 PM   #15
IATink
Mouseketeer

Just found your report! Loving it so far! Can't wait to read more

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: