Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2013, 06:43 PM   #31
Shock13
Mouseketeer

After a long MK day, we checked-in to the Wishes Dessert area to find out that my 2 year old nephew had lost one of his shoes. He was in a stroller at the time. My brother-in-law retraced our steps and even went to the lost and found and came up with nothing. Kids were grumpy and my sister was upset and then here comes one of the CM's and gives her a voucher for a new pair of shoes at any of the stores. Sister cried. I cried. It was great.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:46 PM   #32
sunflowerfields
Mouseketeer

Our first trip to Disney World was less than 2 weeks ago and we had two CM's that touched our hearts and made our trip really extra special. One was our waiter at CRT whose name was Gustaf (it might have had an o on the end but I think it was just Gustaf). He was just funny as can be and so very nice. We are pretty plain people and our grandson ordered a sample of cheese and on the plate was a huge black raspberry. Our grandson didn't even know what it was. He is so sweet and sincere that when Gustaf came back to take our plates, he asked him what that was and told him how much he liked it. Gustaf made a big deal and told him how that the only place on earth those could be found was growing in Prince Charmings garden. Then he said he would be right back. He came back with a dish of great big blueberries for our grandson. He didn't realize that Cam was describing a raspberry but it didn't matter. He loved the blueberries too! LOL When we were finished eating my husband told him how special he made our dinner. They just talked then for a few minutes. The manager (I think) was there when we were walking out and my husband spoke to him about our great waiter. I am wanting to write a note but can't find the place to do it. I have an email address but when I try to use it (even type it in myself) it won't work. Any ideas?

The other person, although I am not sure he would be a CM, was a cashier at a store in DTD. Our grandson who is autistic and adhd has a hard time speaking up and making people even know he is around. When he and I went to check out, the cashier talked directly to him about his purchases and made my grandson feel that he was genuinely interest in him. They had a real conversation and the cashier even gave him some tips and ideas for getting the most from his purchases. It was building things. It was kind of like I was the one not even there. It made me so happy becasue last summer I took him to a hobby store where he spent over $100 and tried to talk to the cashier who didn't bother to even acknowledge he was speaking. I am grateful he was so kind to my grandson.
sunflowerfields is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-20-2013, 07:46 PM   #33
polyfor4
Mouseketeer

Even though I think the complaint threads are beneficial for Disney, I love reading the happy stories! We have so many and often one CM's magic becomes our favorite memory from the trip. One year we were approached by a CM in business clothes who asked if we would like to meet Cinderella. Not only did we get a one on one experience with Cinderella but turns out that CM, Gina, was the GM for MK! At the time I was in high school and she gave me her card for if I ever needed help with the college program or being employed by Disney. She had so many great stories- she previously was the GM for the NYC Disney store. It really inspired me to want to work for Disney and it meant so much for someone of that importance to take so much time just to make our day. That's what I love about Disney- whether its a custodian or a GM, we feel the same amount of pixie dust. Another shout out is David from CRT, he always remembers us and we share stories about our families from year to year. We haven't been to CRT in a few years but I miss his stories- he was in a beach boys music video and on one of the vacation planning DVD's!

May 2014 BWI/ Poly CL
May 2013 AoA/ Poly CL Nov 2013 Pop
Sept 2012 AoA May 2012 Pop/ Poly Feb 2012 POR
May 2011 Pop/ Poly April 2011 CSR
Dec 2010 POR May 2010 POR
Dec 2009 CBR May 2009 Poly March 2009 POR

polyfor4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:04 PM   #34
jojosam
Mouseketeer

Small things, but for us, very meaningful. My family's first stay was last year in the cabins at Ft. Wilderness. We returned one afternoon to find that our playful Mousekeeper had arranged all the stuffed animals, including having Perry the Platypus stirring up Doofenshmirtz in a pot on the stove. Our other sprinkle of pixie dust came from the bus driver who wanted to recognize our kids' birthdays but only had one pirate bandanna to share. He told us a secret hiding spot, and when we checked later he had left our son a whole dozen bandannas. If he wasn't hooked before, I know my husband is a Disney convert now!
jojosam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:11 PM   #35
AngelicFruitcake
Earning My Ears

Hmm...I will go with our most recent trip. My daughter, who was 9 at the time, had always been a massive Winnie the Pooh fan. We bought her this Winnie the Pooh pillow thing to lay on when she was a baby and she's been obsessed ever since.

So we decided to bring the pillow-ish thing (it's like a flat Pooh body with a pillowed head) to our lunch at Crystal Palace and ask all the characters to sign it. We explained that she had slept with the pillow since she was born.

All the characters were wonderful, but Tigger got so excited. He ran back to a previous table and asked to borrow their orange Sharpe so he could go all out with signing his name.

Also I'm not sure if she ever ran into repeat cast members throughout our trip but they sure made us feel like they recognized her every time we came across Pooh characters. The Pooh characters totally made her feel special throughout the whole trip.
AngelicFruitcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:13 PM   #36
kimysbug
DIS Veteran

We were at the mk at mnsshp, with my mom in a wheelchair. She was dressed as the fairy godmother from Cinderella.
A maintenance cast member , came up to my mom said she had the best costume ever, and gave her a tinkerbell pin. This made her trip

Thank you!!!!
1999/2000-Board walk/Disney Wonder New Years Cruise Dec/Jan
2000- All Star Sports- September
2001- Port Orleans French Quarter- June
2003-Polynessian - October -MNSSHP
2005-Disney Vow Renewal Grand Floridian -July
2005- Pop Century- December MVMCP
2006- Wilderness Lodge-December- MVMCP
2007-Polynessian- 9/27-10/1- MNSSHP 9/28 W/ Momma Bear
2009 -Coranodo Spring-Surprise trip-Graduation trip-May
2011-Wilderness Lodge-December-MVMCP
kimysbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:14 PM   #37
Granny square
Always planning a trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shock13 View Post
After a long MK day, we checked-in to the Wishes Dessert area to find out that my 2 year old nephew had lost one of his shoes. He was in a stroller at the time. My brother-in-law retraced our steps and even went to the lost and found and came up with nothing. Kids were grumpy and my sister was upset and then here comes one of the CM's and gives her a voucher for a new pair of shoes at any of the stores. Sister cried. I cried. It was great.
Lol, my son sat down and someone had spilled a sticky viscous mess there. We went hunting for a change of clothes. Found some cute sweats and were going to pick up some underwear. The cm at the muppet store asked his size and buzzed into the back. She said they always have some because people tear into packages and steal a pair. Offered to pay and was turned down with an apology that no one had caught the mess. Earlier.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:26 PM   #38
disneydee6
DIS Veteran

Oh, man. No complaints here. CM's, in my experience, have been wonderful, and in my numerous trips, I don't recall feeling a need to complain about anyone. I just recently wrote to disney about a CM, but it was praise. Our waiter at Mama Melrose was wonderful, (no pixie dust, but was really attentive, and kind during a busy evening) and I thought he deserved to be recognized for doing it right! I work for a large company, and getting recognized for doing good goes a long way, more so than complaints. I give props to the CM's a WDW!
Old 06-20-2013, 08:37 PM   #39
ghoulishgirl
I love Halloween and am afraid of butterflies

My mom and I were standing in line to get a picture with Lady Tremaine and the step sisters and they were fantastic, so in character and actually a little scary.

The man and woman ahead of us had a young girl (looked to be about 5) who the closer we got to the head of the line began to hide her face in her father's neck. She was having no part of Lady Tremaine. When it was their turn, they stepped forward and the little girl wouldn't even look up. Lady Tremaine very quietly said to her,"I like your bracelet." The girl was having no part of it, so the got their picture and moved on. She then turned to us and yelled,"next!" and it startled me so much, I dropped my photopass card, to which she then sighed and rolled her eyes

It was just so sweet they way she spoke to this girl, trying to let her know that she really wasn't that scary. Except to the adults!

Our last trip we also had some amazing CMs at concierge who made last minute dining reservations for us. So helpful and sweet and fun.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:49 PM   #40
The Hendies
DIS Veteran

My son (26 at the time!) wearing his birthday pin, was asked by a CM at the end of RnRC if he wanted to ride again? Front? Heck yea! Then after his 2nd ride gathered the family and gave us all VIP seating passed to F! that night. Just one of MANY wonderful CM's we have encountered.

Next trip .... 10/9/14 for my birthday!

DH Me

The Hendies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:51 PM   #41
taylor3297
DIS Veteran

Saw a watch at Mousegears but didn't buy it. Next day checked at the World of Disney to see if they had the same watch. They did not but the CM did some checking and said Trend-D had one left.

Off to Trend-D and the first CM I spoke to said they didn't sell that watch. While I was trying to explain what the other CM told me this CM just walked off. Well, another CM, Steven, came up to me and asked me to describe the watch to him. I guess he had been listening to my previous conversation. Well he proceeds to pull every watch box out from underneath the counter. Sure enough way in the back, he found the watch. I was so thrilled. I made sure to do a comment card about him.

Another trip ds and I got a fastpass for any ride due to being stuck on Splash Mountain for over 30 minutes, on the incline part even. Well we were getting ready to head to the airport and we still hadn't used the fp. The kids wanted to ride Pooh, but we only had the fp for 2 people. Well we decided to give it to the CM at the fp line to give it to someone else. When she asked why we were giving it away, she then proceeded to write +2 on the fp and told us to "have a magical day".
Old 06-20-2013, 09:16 PM   #42
bushdianee
I had a water fun day planned
I tend to buy way too many t-shirts when I visit WDW

My comment is mainly about the bus drivers to and from CBR. I was in a scooter for the first time last week and almost every bus driver was very helpful in getting me loaded and unloaded. Also as we were returning to CBR after a day at BBB and dinner at Akershus the bus driver made an announcement that there was a "Princess" on board which made my 3yo niece who was dressed and made up as Cinderella's day. He even asked her permission to let people get off the bus.

This was DNiece3 and DNephew5's first trip and both were frightened by the characters. At home they won't go near any type of mascot or character. All of the characters went out of their way to be gentle. DNiece wasn't afraid of the princesses but was terrified of every other character to the point of shaking & sobbing. We had dinner at the Garden Grill and I gave her my "magic" disney hat to wear when the characters came around. She would pull it over her face and peek out. Dale noticed this and soon, keeping a safe distance started playing peek a boo with her. By the time dinner was over the hat was back in my bag and she would wave to the characters. On our last day we had lunch at Crystal Palace she refused the "magic" hat and Winnie the Pooh got a hug! Mommy had be standing right there but what an improvement from earlier in the week.
I had 2 camera's with me and DNephew used one to take pictures of the characters which helped him to become more comfortable with them. After the first few times he would get the camera after we took his picture with the character.
Old 06-20-2013, 09:32 PM   #43
Fivemuggles
Mouseketeer

I will never forget this story!! We went to akershus, and my daughter, who was 4 at the time was SO excited to meet Ariel. When she came over to our table my DD said "Ariel! I've been waiting to show you- I know your song!" And then processed to sing her the ahhahhahh song Ariel sings when she loses her voice. We all laughed at how cute it was, and didn't think anything else of it.
The next day we saw Ariel in Ariel's grotto, and she grabbed my DDs hand and said "My friend! have you been practicing our song?" And sang it with her! My DD was so enthralled not only that Ariel remembered her from the night before, but also that she called her her friend!

Best Disney memory ever.
Fivemuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 09:46 PM   #44
homeschoolmomof4
Keep moving forward

We had a collaboration of awesome CM's in 2005. It was the first day our trip. We had never been to WDW before as a family, but we had enough points working with John Deere that we qualified for their business meeting trip that year. My husband and I had been to WDW pre-marriage separately, but this was a first for all of us to experience it together. We were all so excited to be at Disney. We were having lunch in Liberty Inn at EPCOT the first time our 18 month old vomited. We thought it was just too much excitement and having flown in an airplane earlier that morning. No biggie, right? Wrong!! He vomited 3 more times before we could even try to get us out of there. The poor little guy was covered in vomit, had developed a high fever and could not stop vomiting. We were afraid to try to get him back on the monorail. The restaurant manager was so kind. He brought out a brand new sweat jacket for our son(it was rainy/chilly), got us bags for his clothes, called for a van and we were transported behind the scenes back to the CR by two really sweet CM's who gave us a "tour" while we traveled back to CR. At the CR, housekeeping was incredible. They even brought new blankets and towels in the middle of the night! Our Mousekeeper brought coloring books and crayons for all our kids the next morning as well. Unfortunately our son was still extremely ill and needed to go to the emergency room. From the emergency room, he had his first ambulance ride so he could be transported and admitted to another hospital. It was rough, but a couple of days later we were finally back at CR. When we arrived, there were balloons, a signed picture of Mickey and the gang and a white stuffed Pluto waiting in our room. I will never forget the kindness of all those CM's. It was the awesome customer service that those CM's provided during a really awful time that has brought us back year after year ever since. Disney CM's are the best!

Pop Century January 2015 Pop Century December 2013 Pop Century October 2012 Pop Century December 2011 Pop Century December 2010 Contemporary March 2010-Parents only trip!! Pop Century December 2009 Pop Century January 2009 Wilderness Lodge January 2008 Wilderness Lodge February 2007 Contemporary February 2005

homeschoolmomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 09:48 PM   #45
homeschoolmomof4
Keep moving forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fivemuggles View Post
I will never forget this story!! We went to akershus, and my daughter, who was 4 at the time was SO excited to meet Ariel. When she came over to our table my DD said "Ariel! I've been waiting to show you- I know your song!" And then processed to sing her the ahhahhahh song Ariel sings when she loses her voice. We all laughed at how cute it was, and didn't think anything else of it.
The next day we saw Ariel in Ariel's grotto, and she grabbed my DDs hand and said "My friend! have you been practicing our song?" And sang it with her! My DD was so enthralled not only that Ariel remembered her from the night before, but also that she called her her friend!

Best Disney memory ever.
So. Sweet. <sniff,sniff>

Pop Century January 2015 Pop Century December 2013 Pop Century October 2012 Pop Century December 2011 Pop Century December 2010 Contemporary March 2010-Parents only trip!! Pop Century December 2009 Pop Century January 2009 Wilderness Lodge January 2008 Wilderness Lodge February 2007 Contemporary February 2005

homeschoolmomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: