Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2013, 03:40 PM   #16
Granny square
Always planning a trip!

When my 2nd son was one we arrived at wdw he and I were hit by the worst stomach bug ever. We were in fort wilderness cabins. When housekeeping came my husband explained the situation and that we had bagged up towels and sheets and and borrow some cleaning stuff. The dear dear mouse keeper came the next day bringing him a signed Mickey and friends photo, and a beanie Mickey for him and even a Donald for his non sick big brother.
Old 06-20-2013, 03:53 PM   #17
juliebug1997
DIS Veteran

I was in line at MK to meet the stepmother and sisters and I asked their handler if she knew when Rabbit would be back out. See, he had been out earlier but was taken away when I was about 5 people away. She told me to go ask the handler at the Pooh and friends line, gave me his name and said that she had sent me (sadly, I do not remember her name). I get there and the line is quite long and he tells me that Rabbit will be back out in about ten minutes and will be out for about 15-20 minutes. So I get in line and Rabbit comes back out and I inch closer and closer. A family gets in behind me and they start whining and complaining that they've done nothing so far today and that, every time they had gotten in a character line that day, the character would be taken away when they would be next. I felt bad for them, but they just kept repeating themselves over and over and it got old. I get about ten families away and I see the female handler come over and talk to her friend and then I see her point in my direction and he kind of nods. I keep inching closer and closer and then Rabbit's handler starts telling everyone that Rabbit will have to go in five minutes because he needs to make sure that Tigger is not in his gardent. The family behind me is still complaining and I make friends with the family in front of me. They told me that I would be with them if it looked like I wasn't going to make it. Finally it's the family's in front of me turn and the handler said to me, "You're going to be my last family." It was just a little bit of pixie dust, but it made my last day at Disney pretty special.

Commando #137 at your service!
juliebug1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-20-2013, 04:06 PM   #18
Sandy Fisher
DIS Veteran

We lived north of the Disney area and trips back and forth to the parks were pretty routine. One morning just about everything went wrong. There had been a bad accident including fire (a tanker) that kept us from getting on the turnpike which was our usual route for most of the trip.
Then when we finally got to the park, it was so foggy the ferryboats weren't running. The back-up at the monorail was worse than I'd seen it in years. We finally got to Magic Kingdom and figured there was no sense hurrying since we were already an hour late (or more) getting there.
So we strolled through the stores along Main St., which we usually did at the end of our day.
I found a great sweatshirt and when I was at the checkout, the clerk (an older lady) asked how our day was going. Boy, did I let it out!!!! Then as she folded my shirt and bagged it, she said "That's over now." I said good, but why?? She said "Because you're in the Magic Kingdom now." And she had a beautiful smile on her face. That made my day.
Sandy Fisher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 04:18 PM   #19
darnheather
DIS Veteran

In Disney Sea Japan the CM who played Jack Sparrow was so wonderful. My D is very shy but loves JS. He made her feel so delighted and told her he'd wait for her. But everyone on that trip was great.

No trips planned for now but fingers crossed for DCL in 2015.
darnheather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 04:20 PM   #20
rebeccaariel
DIS Veteran

I've never had a bad CM experience. I'm consistently impressed at how they can remain smiling and helpful in the face of unspeakable rudeness and entitlement that comes from some guests.

I think my favourite CM experience was at Via Napoli. Our server was doing the International Program, something that I'm interested in pursuing, so I asked him about it. He gave me really helpful, honest answers and so much encouragement. Beyond that, he was sweet and funny and a great server. His name was Francesco, and he really made my day. While I was in the bathroom at the end of the meal, he brought back the receipt to my mom after she'd paid and mentioned that he would make sure to come back before we left to say bye to me, and he made good on his word! He was awesome.

2000 - Dixie Landings, 2012 - Pop Century, 2013 - Port Orleans: Riverside and BoardWalk Inn

Turing 21 With Mickey - A Father/Daughter August '13 PTR

No Princes Allowed! - A Mother-Daughter Trip
rebeccaariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 04:26 PM   #21
BuzzBelleMom
DIS Veteran

So many great CM's, not sure if I should post them all! I often say CM's at WDW are happier to see me than my own extended family. (I know they get paid, but it is great to be welcomed with smiles and no comments about my hair or weight.)

The CM following along behind Woody and Jessie who noticed that DS who was dressed like Woody had not been seen by his idol and took DS's hand and led him along behind. She then made a big deal to Woody about DS looking like him - turning an almost heartbreak into a wonderful memory.

The handler for Cap'n Hook and Mr. Smee who totally got into the whole 'drama' when DS, dressed as Peter Pan, approached CH who took off. The handler called out that Mr. Smee was being promoted to Captain. Cap'n Hook stormed back out, bringing a smile to DS.

Morgan, our Mousekeeper at CBR who put our Duffys on display with some of our pirate souvenirs we had left out the day we left them in the room.

The CM who - upon discovering it was my BD on Inauguration Day and that it was very important to me to see The American Adventure, arranged a very special Goofy phone call for me downstairs.

The CM who asked what DS was celebrating and discovered it was graduation from 6 years of speech therapy, gave him FP's for TT.

The CM in DHS Lost and Found who handed me DS's lost Indy sword with a flourish when I was almost in tears.

The CM's and maintenance men who joked with us about my driving when we got stuck on Dinosaur. When we got stuck about 30 feet later, they looked at DH and told him that he really shouldn't let me drive (I was in the far left front spot.)

The CM who made DD his first mate on JC and then pretended to be too frightened to go through the cave, handing the wheel over to her. She was a bit scared, but by the end, was thrilled.

Okay, this is going to be the Dis equivalent of War and Peace...
Old 06-20-2013, 04:38 PM   #22
mmullena70
Mouseketeer

On our first trip DD was four and totally in love with anything princess. On our first morning, the bag checker at MK greeted her with a cheery "Hello, Princess!" She looked up at me and said, "How do you think he knew that?" Clearly, he convinced her she was a princess!

It's the little things.
2013 Port Orleans Riverside
mmullena70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 04:46 PM   #23
touchthesky
Mouseketeer

I've had my share of the good, the bad, and the ugly, but I always seem to remember the good ones while the bad ones fade away. This past trip, a very nice character attendant at the Sorcerer Mickey meet at HS let us return to the front of the line after going to Star Tours to use our fastpasses because the first time we saw Mickey there was no Photopass photographer there and it was my baby cousin's first character meet (we had Photopass +). The fastpasses were starting within 5 minutes of us meeting Mickey, so we couldn't wait around then. He was so nice and told us not to worry about it, that he would remember us and let us back in after we rode. True to his word, when we came back about 30-40 minutes later, he remembered us and let us right up to the front. Thanks to him, we have some great photos of my cousin with Mickey that we wouldn't have gotten without the Photopass photographer.

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind
touchthesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 05:13 PM   #24
disnut8
DIS Veteran

I'm actually going to complain on this thread. Because when we stay at Pop Century, I get really tired of replying to all the Cast Members - and I mean ALL the Cast Members - who constantly say hello and tell me good morning or ask how am I doing. From the gate guard to the front desk to the maintenance people to housekeeping. I mean, come on! Being friendly at Disney World? The shock!

And that was sarcasm in case anyone didn't get it because some people don't.
disnut8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 05:19 PM   #25
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

I am so thrilled to see this thread so tired of the one in 66,000 bad tale I have had many good experiences with CMs and over the years going to the same areas have become friends with them The CMs down at Tri-Circle-D who were totally emotionally invested when I almost adopted one of the horses that were about to retire The oohs and aahs over pictures of the horse I did adopt and never forgetting to ask about her everytime I go there ..by name !

Joan the CM that 1/2 of you probably have seen even in passing she works the podium outside of Tony's Restaurant always a big smile always a kind word always remembers you day to day or year to year

CMs are the foundation of the magic that keeps us all coming back !

A Story of Hope & The Power of Dis<---small update MON 09/08
Luvchefmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 05:53 PM   #26
Angeejoe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
THANK YOU!!!!

I just called, and the wonderful gentleman on the phone was able to find a work around solution that allows me to view the current passholder offers, despite not having My Disney Experience.

All I have to do (for now) is log in using my username (not my e-mail, because my husband's account shares the same e-mail), click on "Update Profile", click on "Add or Renew a WDW Pass", and then on the righthand side is a little box with Donald Duck that says "Access Passholder Offers", and I'm IN!

It's a few extra steps, and he apologized for not being able to just click on "Passholder" at the top of the page, but I don't care.

I made sure to do the phone survey after and give him all "1"s.

(Also, he was very concerned that I was calling long distance and might be racking up a big bill, but I was able to put his mind at ease by telling him about the 10 10 710 code that allows many Canadians to call anywhere for a flat rate of less than a dollar. Love it!)
You're so welcome Magpie! I'm so happy that the info helped someone on the thread! I love the Disney magic of it all! It feels so good to actually have the access! I actually feel like I'm an AP holder!

11/2001- Honeymoon- CBR, 3/2011- BC, 2/2012- POP (Arrival Night)/YC, 5/2013- POP w/ Aunt, 10/2013-AMSU (Arrival Night)/BC/AKL (Bonus Departure Night!!), 12/2013- WL w/ Sister & Nephew
Angeejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:25 PM   #27
rhazz
Earning My Ears

Probably about 10 years ago, on our very first WDW visit, after a pretty full day in MK, my DW and I were trying to find a spot for the upcoming parade for our DD5 and DS3. We couldn't find a spot anywhere and we must have had that stressed out look on our faces because just before the situation slipped into a whole spousal back and forth bickering thing, a CM, no angel, appeared between us asking us to follow her and she led us right onto a roped off pathway leading to Liberty Sq. There were a couple of empty benches and asked us if these would do. Our jaws hit the floor, we couldn't stop saying thank you, thank you, thank you. DW and I just sat there tearing up as every character came down the pathway during the parade, stopping and hugging our kids and then waving good bye to them. We were hooked on WDW after that, who wouldn't be?
rhazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:35 PM   #28
Mariannekay
Now, think of the happiest things. It's the same as having wings.

In September my DS and I were in MK and I decided that I wanted to try my first ever Dole Whip float. When I went to place the order I wasn't sure what flavor to get so I asked the cm what most folks ordered. He suggested that I sample each to see which I prefer. He then proceeds to squirt huge samples of pineapple, pineapple/vanilla swirl, and orange into a bowl for me...it was a whole bowlful by the time he finished! I almost felt guilty taking it! After tasting each I decided on a pineapple/vanilla swirl and thanked him for the "Samples"! My DS finished them off and enjoyed them very much!
Old 06-20-2013, 06:37 PM   #29
1000HappyWishes
I know every mile will be my worth my while.

One my most recent trip, my friend and I were sitting down waiting to watch Wishes and the parade. One of the CM's brought over two little girls to our section, and he made us all sing Happy Birthday to them! Everyone in the section! It didn't happen to us, but it was sure adorable, and it really made those girls smile!

WDW: 2001, 2003, 2013
Disneyland: 2007
Universal: 2013
1000HappyWishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:40 PM   #30
Nina1
Disney Lover

In September, at DHS, we reported for Jedi Training. The sweet CM who checked us in complimented my son on his Jedi robe (we had bought it earlier in the day). She then took in his birthday pin and wished him a happy birthday. She then excused herself and said she'd be right back. She returned with an awesome light saber and a birthday card from Mickey. She also got us front row seats to Indiana Jones and arranged for our son to meet Indiana after the show. She told DS she just wanted his birthday to be magical. He could barely speak, but thank God, managed to thank her. DH and I, who already were on a magic high from the wonderful day we had, cried like two fools.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: