Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-10-2013, 11:57 AM   #1
rharper1496
Mouseketeer
 
rharper1496's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: London, Ontario
Posts: 150

10 months to Disney- A Feb 2014 PTR



Who: Rachel (that would be me): SAHM, student, Chief Disney vacation planner, OCD over details that probably don't matter, in love with all things crafty. Favourite movie is Alice in Wonderland
Derek (the DH): In the restaurant business which is my way of saying I'm still not sure what his actual job entails because right now it seems to be everything and anything you can think of. Star Wars fan, bought our son a light saber for Christmas just so he would have an excuse to play with it, prefers to sit back and just go with my plans.
Colin: Will be almost 6 on this trip. Huge fan of anything Cars of Cars 2 related. Has all of the WGP race cars except Lewis Hamilton and Rip Somethingorother, a fact which annoys him to no end. Would spend the entire trip in DHS if I let him.
Sam: Real name Samantha but she won't answer to it. Will answer to Figaro. Loves cats as long as she doesn't have to touch them, all things Minnie Mouse, Sofia the First and Mater. She'll be almost 4 when we go.





The 4 of us on our first visit, October 2011





When:
Feb 2-8, 2014
Where: AoA- Cars family suite

Our first visit in 2011 was rushed and very last minute. While there were plenty of magical moments there were plenty of not-so-magical ones in there too. We started planning a return trip before we had even made it home from the first one and I'm hoping that with better preparation, learning from our mistakes and kids who are little older and a little wiser ( ) we can make this the trip we really wanted to have.
__________________
rharper1496 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:58 AM   #2
rharper1496
Mouseketeer
 
rharper1496's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: London, Ontario
Posts: 150

Resort Changes
__________________

Last edited by rharper1496; 06-09-2013 at 07:46 PM.
rharper1496 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-10-2013, 05:37 PM   #3
babyberger
DIS Veteran
 
babyberger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,793

I'll impatiently wait with you We are also booked for Feb 2014 and I was actually thinking about startling my PTR soon as well

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________
My Recent Deluxe Splurge Sept 2012 - YC, Oct 2012 - WL, Dec 2012 - CR CL, Feb 2013 - CR TPV
Starting the weekend trips again!

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds


Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 07:45 PM   #4
rharper1496
Mouseketeer
 
rharper1496's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: London, Ontario
Posts: 150

Quote:
I'll impatiently wait with you We are also booked for Feb 2014 and I was actually thinking about startling my PTR soon as well
How's the planning going?

So the problem with planning so far in advance is you run out of things to plan and the have nothing to do but sit back and pick apart the plans you've already made After scrutinizing everything I had already done I decided that AoA wasn't the right fit for this trip. Once I knew I needed a new resort I settled on the BC, then the CR before finally deciding that the Poly is where we need to be.

With that decided I needed to overhaul my ADR list: CRT breakfast, Chef Mickey's, Tusker House, H&V breakfast, 1900 PF breakfast and O'hana. I was trying to stick to character meals, if we can do the M&G at meals then we don't need to do as many in the parks. O'hana dinner is in there strictly for me, it's probably the meal I'm most excited about.

We can book ADRs August 4th, less than 2 months away from today and park hours for February should be released in a little over a month! I booked a placeholder reservation for November that I've been making payments on, once 2014 packages are released (please be soon) I'll call to change that to the correct resort and dates. Finally, it feels like things are going to be happening.
__________________
rharper1496 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 08:56 PM   #5
francis6306
DIS Veteran
 
francis6306's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,789

HA! I know the feeling!! I'm planning on a March 2014 trip and I keep thinking- it's WAY too early to start a PTR… but I WANT to start my PTR!!! And there is only so much planning you can do when you can't even get a hard price on your trip it seems!
__________________
Me- Christen, DH- Corey Princess Cortlyn Princess Catrina

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:44 AM   #6
babyberger
DIS Veteran
 
babyberger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,793

Quote:
Originally Posted by rharper1496 View Post
How's the planning going?

So the problem with planning so far in advance is you run out of things to plan and the have nothing to do but sit back and pick apart the plans you've already made After scrutinizing everything I had already done I decided that AoA wasn't the right fit for this trip. Once I knew I needed a new resort I settled on the BC, then the CR before finally deciding that the Poly is where we need to be.

With that decided I needed to overhaul my ADR list: CRT breakfast, Chef Mickey's, Tusker House, H&V breakfast, 1900 PF breakfast and O'hana. I was trying to stick to character meals, if we can do the M&G at meals then we don't need to do as many in the parks. O'hana dinner is in there strictly for me, it's probably the meal I'm most excited about.

We can book ADRs August 4th, less than 2 months away from today and park hours for February should be released in a little over a month! I booked a placeholder reservation for November that I've been making payments on, once 2014 packages are released (please be soon) I'll call to change that to the correct resort and dates. Finally, it feels like things are going to be happening.
Oh great change to Poly! My family is all about the CR Good idea to make a placeholder reservation and payments

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
HA! I know the feeling!! I'm planning on a March 2014 trip and I keep thinking- it's WAY too early to start a PTR… but I WANT to start my PTR!!! And there is only so much planning you can do when you can't even get a hard price on your trip it seems!
I know it is so hard to plan a trip so far out when you cant do much yet And not only pricing, but then waiting for discounts
__________________
My Recent Deluxe Splurge Sept 2012 - YC, Oct 2012 - WL, Dec 2012 - CR CL, Feb 2013 - CR TPV
Starting the weekend trips again!

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds


Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:51 AM   #7
francis6306
DIS Veteran
 
francis6306's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,789

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
I know it is so hard to plan a trip so far out when you cant do much yet And not only pricing, but then waiting for discounts
I know!! And boy do they like to wait until the last minute on those discounts!!!! I have like 3 options in my head for my trip! All depending on cost and discounts!
__________________
Me- Christen, DH- Corey Princess Cortlyn Princess Catrina

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:08 AM   #8
babyberger
DIS Veteran
 
babyberger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,793

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post

I know!! And boy do they like to wait until the last minute on those discounts!!!! I have like 3 options in my head for my trip! All depending on cost and discounts!
I know, I have my heart set on BLT for this trip, but if there aren't any discounts we will be changing resorts. I refuse to pay full price for any resort at Disney!!! I think discounts came out in Oct for my last Feb trip.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
My Recent Deluxe Splurge Sept 2012 - YC, Oct 2012 - WL, Dec 2012 - CR CL, Feb 2013 - CR TPV
Starting the weekend trips again!

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds


Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:27 AM   #9
francis6306
DIS Veteran
 
francis6306's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,789

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
I know, I have my heart set on BLT for this trip, but if there aren't any discounts we will be changing resorts. I refuse to pay full price for any resort at Disney!!! I think discounts came out in Oct for my last Feb trip.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Good to know!! Geez… I have to wait til Sept to book ADR's, October for discounts and November for Spring Training game schedules! WOOHOOO!! So much planning to do!!!!
__________________
Me- Christen, DH- Corey Princess Cortlyn Princess Catrina

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:29 PM   #10
happybelle
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Computer
Posts: 531

Joining in.
happybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 07:15 PM   #11
francis6306
DIS Veteran
 
francis6306's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,789

July 10th and we can book our rooms!!!! Just in time for your 180 days!
__________________
Me- Christen, DH- Corey Princess Cortlyn Princess Catrina

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:08 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.