Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2013, 07:29 PM   #1
nicbic97
Mouseketeer

Nachi Cocum tips?

We decided to book Nachi Cocum for our 5 day in November . We found out there will be 6 ships in port that day and don't want to mess with the crowds

Any tips on what to bring with us? I know we will need towels. Do you bring them from home or borrow ones from the pooldeck on the ship?

Can you bring your own snorkel equipment?

Do they have lifejackets available? Are they free or do they cost money to rent?

Any recommendations on what food/drinks to order?

Do you provide gratuity to the servers even though everything is already pre-paid?

Any information will be helpful

5/15/99-18th b-day visit to MK, 9/28/12-MNSSHP, 9/29/12-10/6/12-Fantasy Western, 5/12/13-5/16/13-Dream 4 day Bahamaian, 11/10/13-11/15/13-Magic 5 day Western, 12/30/13-1/3/14-ASMo, 6/2/14-6/9/14-Alaskan Wonder
nicbic97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 09:10 PM   #2
ChristineandLiv
Mouseketeer

We went to nachi cocum in April, and it was fantastic. I can't answer all of your questions, but I can answer a few:

We grabbed towels from the pool deck. They don't have towels there.

We did give additional tips when we had drinks and a tip when we had lunch. I stuck with piña coladas for drinks, but someone had a drink called the dirty monkey--if I recall, it was part piña colada, part mudslide....sounded really good!

We stayed by the pool and beach, so I don't know about life jackets or snorkeling gear. They did come by with a binder that listed all kinda of activities.

Have fun! You'll love it!
ChristineandLiv is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-24-2013, 08:31 AM   #3
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!

The guacamole is REALLY good!

I really enjoyed Nachi. One caution - the water drops off rapidly - more like a big hole all of a sudden rather than a sloped drop.

I had lunch served to me at my lounger. You can go to the bar/restaurant area if you prefer.

I liked the frozen drinks.

1/27/07 Western Caribbean Disney Magic; 2/2/12 Disney Dream Bahamas; 4/28/12 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean; 1/27/13 Carnival Legend; 9/7/13 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 1/25/14 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 2/16/14 Disney Dream Bahamas; 9/6/14 Disney Magic WBTA
ThePhantomsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:56 AM   #4
PrincessTrisha
I know what he won't do for love.
Tootsie Pottynose - Hey I kinda like the tootsie part

The salsa they serve with your meal (comes before your food) is very fresh, very good, but very spicy!

We tipped at the end of the day when our server called us a cab - much easier than tipping after each item (especially since there is no bill).

I don't think they are on the menu but I asked for, and received fish tacos - they were very good. My 16 year old god daughter went to order chicken strips but I stopped her and made her order something a little more Mexican. She went with the fried chicken taquitos (I think that's what they were called). They were deep fried sticks filled with chicken (it's not deep fried chicken in a shell - the whole thing is deep fried) and then they were covered with the traditional taco stuff - cheese, lettuce, diced tomatoes, and maybe a few other things. She really enjoyed them and was glad that I had made her order something other than just chicken strips.

I don't recall seeing life jackets for use. they do have water sports you can pay for so they have life jackets for those but they weren't offering them up or handing them out for beach people.
PrincessTrisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:59 AM   #5
kellimomo3
Busy mom to 3 prince charmings (maybe someday?)

Love this thread as we are going here in two weeks on our Fantasy cruise. How long was the cab ride from the port?
Eastern Magic and 3 days Coronado Springs 4/09
Eastern Fantasy 8/11/2012
Western Fantasy 7/6/2013
kellimomo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 10:02 AM   #6
ChristineandLiv
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellimomo3 View Post
Love this thread as we are going here in two weeks on our Fantasy cruise. How long was the cab ride from the port?
The cab ride was only 10-15 minutes.
ChristineandLiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 10:03 AM   #7
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantomsGirl View Post
The guacamole is REALLY good!

I really enjoyed Nachi. One caution - the water drops off rapidly - more like a big hole all of a sudden rather than a sloped drop.

I had lunch served to me at my lounger. You can go to the bar/restaurant area if you prefer.

I liked the frozen drinks.
Old 06-24-2013, 12:41 PM   #8
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!

Oh, one other tip. It is easily possible to share a cab or a van taxi with others to split the costs. I was solo when I went so it helped. Found two other families that were more than happy to split costs both there and back. Short easy ride.

All you need to do is talk to people waiting for the cabs. Many are looking for others to split with. If I am correct, the OP only has three people so you might like to split with a couple. Maybe not - but the option is doable.

1/27/07 Western Caribbean Disney Magic; 2/2/12 Disney Dream Bahamas; 4/28/12 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean; 1/27/13 Carnival Legend; 9/7/13 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 1/25/14 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 2/16/14 Disney Dream Bahamas; 9/6/14 Disney Magic WBTA
ThePhantomsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: