Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2013, 03:31 PM   #1
need2travel
Mouseketeer

Questions about the Swan

Hi All,
We (husband & I) are thinking of staying at the Swan for the 1st time next April (never too early to start planning right?!) but I have a few questions....

1. Are we better off booking thru Disney like we always have w/ all our other trips onsite (DL, POFQ, YC, BWI, BWI) or should we go thru the Starwood directly? I know I can get a AAA discount w/ Starwood but can Disney apply that as well to the Swan?

2. If we booked thru Disney I know they can add on our park tickets but if I go thru Starwood do I have to wait til we get there to buy our park tickets or can I get them in advance w/ the park hoppers as well?

3. It seems like there are a lot of view choices, which are good & which are a fancy way of saying "parking lot view"?

Having never stayed here before I'm just really confused, thanks guys!
need2travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 05:20 PM   #2
drgnfly30
Take my advice, never pay full price
They call me Bobbie Vila around these parts!
I can't stop smelling myself!

1) I find that by booking directly you find more 'deals' (bonus points, free breakfast etc..). I check both starwoodhotels.com & swandolphin.com. Don't forget to sign up for their Starpoints rewards (spg.com) I earned enough last year from business travel to get one of my nights for free this year.

2) You can buy them in advance, but make sure you check out places that offer a small discount like undercovertourist.

3) Standard can get you anywhere from view of the convention center roof to a view of TOT etc... if you sign up for Starpoints, they will upgrade you (if there's availability). I think if you search you will find a recent thread where people posted pictures of their Standard views.

Have you checked out the Swan Dolphin thread?
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2904771
or the picture thread?
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1715731

Happy travels! I stayed at Swan last year & am giving Dolphin a try in August!

Offsite 1973~1977~1983 ~ POR Nov 2001 ~ CR Oct 2002 ~ Offsite Sept 2004 ~ Nick Oct 2004 ~ POP Feb 2006 ~ Indian Creek Villa June 2006~July 2007~June 2008 ~ CSR June 2009 ~ POP Aug 2011 ~ Swan June 2012~Dolphin August 2013~CBR Sept 2014 ~ YC Sept 2015
drgnfly30 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-21-2013, 05:55 PM   #3
Parrotheader
Mouseketeer

We just booked our Nov. stay last night and I did it directly through Starwood. I also signed up for their rewards program prior to that in the hopes that'll help on an upgrade (ad I just got a 'standard' room.)

I'm personally holding off on tickets until we get there. That's one less expense I have to worry about for the moment and less justification for trip insurance.
Parrotheader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 12:15 PM   #4
need2travel
Mouseketeer

Thanks, just sooo not sure what to do, we always booked w/ Disney and went w/ a package, 1, 2, 3, easy, all set and paid for in advance. Plus it was fun watching the mailbox for the documents to arrive

There's a lot to figure our this time.......
need2travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 04:20 PM   #5
patty57
DIS Veteran

Swan/Dolphin usually has discounts for AAA, nurses, teachers etc. that you won't get booking through WDW. Look on their website and click on "special offers" to see what might be available, or call them. You will most likely get a better price on the room booking direct, not through WDW.
patty57 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: