Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2013, 08:00 PM   #1
marianne98
Mouseketeer

Beach club..morning coffee

Is there a place you can get a good cup of coffee in the morning at the beach club?
Old 06-20-2013, 08:26 PM   #2
vicb224
Mouseketeer

I would be interested in this answer, too. I was planning on walking over to the Boardwalk bakery but I heard the Yachtsman has a great breakfast spread. Wonder if you can get one there?
vicb224 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-20-2013, 08:41 PM   #3
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Yachtsman doesn't serve breakfast but Captain's Grille does! You can go off the menu or they have a buffet -- including a press-pot of REAL coffee. Some of the other quicker options are Boardwalk Joe's (on the Boardwalk), BC Marketplace (not sure if it's still Nescafe) and the Java Bar inside the Swan.

ETA: Swan & Dolphin serve Starbucks. Also, the in-room coffee was quite good now that they've changed over to Joffrey's -- I might actually stop taking our Via coffee packets.
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:43 PM   #4
vicb224
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Yachtsman doesn't serve breakfast but Captain's Grille does! You can go off the menu or they have a buffet -- including a press-pot of REAL coffee. Some of the other quicker options are Boardwalk Joe's (on the Boardwalk), BC Marketplace (not sure if it's still Nescafe) and the Java Bar inside the Swan.

ETA: Swan & Dolphin serve Starbucks. Also, the in-room coffee was quite good now that they've changed over to Joffrey's -- I might actually stop taking our Via coffee packets.
This is wonderful - thank you
vicb224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:49 PM   #5
marianne98
Mouseketeer

Thank you!
Old 06-20-2013, 08:50 PM   #6
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicb224 View Post
This is wonderful - thank you
My pleasure. Another little tidbit, Boardwalk Joe's has an actual espresso machine so it's not Nescafe, if that sorta thing matters. Oh, and Fresh Market (in the Dolphin) has a really decent breakfast buffet which includes a carafe of Starbucks. Can't recall what the revamped Boardwalk Bakery was serving -- was too busy drooling over the new desserts. (Obviously, coffee -- and sweet stuff -- matters a bit too much to me. )
Old 06-20-2013, 09:31 PM   #7
bwifan
Mouseketeer

I was at the beach club 2 weeks ago and it was Nescafé hell, even in concierge. And I was all excited about the Joffreys too, which the BWI had last June.

Anyway, go to the yacht club lobby lounge. They have Joffreys. They saved my bacon every morning.
bwifan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 07:34 AM   #8
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marianne98 View Post
Is there a place you can get a good cup of coffee in the morning at the beach club?
Ah, coffee!!! My favorite subject!

From the Yacht & Beach Club FAQ (More Useful Info post):

I don't "do" Nescrape! Is there anyplace at the resort where I can get a REAL cup of coffee???

REAL COFFEE ALERT!!!

Ale and Compass is located just off the Yacht Club Lobby.

In the morning, breakfast items are available like a DECENT cup of coffee and tea, pastries, an assortment of cereal and fruit. This location also serves as a refill station for your refillable mug until 11 or noon.

Ale and Compass Menu

Ale and Compass Continental Breakfast Photos

Thanks, MickeyT and Nicki in NJ
natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 09:03 AM   #9
thisismyusername
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My pleasure. Another little tidbit, Boardwalk Joe's has an actual espresso machine so it's not Nescafe, if that sorta thing matters. Oh, and Fresh Market (in the Dolphin) has a really decent breakfast buffet which includes a carafe of Starbucks. Can't recall what the revamped Boardwalk Bakery was serving -- was too busy drooling over the new desserts. (Obviously, coffee -- and sweet stuff -- matters a bit too much to me. )
Boardwalk Joe's is now a margarita stand. No more coffee.

We were just at the Beach Club and Boardwalk. The Marketplace and Boardwalk Bakery serves both Nescafe and brewed coffee (not that great). At the Boardwalk Bakery, though, you can get espresso/latte/cappuccino too. (I flew my coffee/espresso maker down, so I didn't try it.)
thisismyusername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 11:16 AM   #10
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisismyusername View Post
Boardwalk Joe's is now a margarita stand. No more coffee.
Boo hiss, they changed over completely since our January stay! Wasn't a totally nasty cuppa either. Thanks for the update... Guess I'll be making the jaunt over to Java Bar in October.
Old 06-21-2013, 02:37 PM   #11
MonoMan
Mouseketeer

When staying at any of the Epcot Resorts I always walk over the Boardwalk Bakery for breakfast sandwiches and the Swan for coffee. I know the Boardwalk Bakery has coffee but prior to their renovations the coffee at the Swan was much better. It located right inside the entry that leads to the boardwalk and boat dock area. Also, if you're up early it's a beautiful walk when it's not crowded. Enjoy!
MonoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 02:58 PM   #12
Willows909
Mouseketeer

I'm a bit confused..? Doesn't the BC have coffeemakers in the rooms? Can't I bring coffee from home....nescafe is the worst! ugh. If I can bring it from home, is it pods or regular coffee using filters? Thanks in advance!!
Willows909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 03:40 PM   #13
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willows909 View Post
I'm a bit confused..? Doesn't the BC have coffeemakers in the rooms? Can't I bring coffee from home....nescafe is the worst! ugh. If I can bring it from home, is it pods or regular coffee using filters? Thanks in advance!!
Hey you! Not sure if BC has made the switch to Joffrey's in-room, but both CBR and AKL had it earlier this month. We found the Joffrey's pods they supplied made quite a good cup.
Old 06-21-2013, 03:43 PM   #14
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willows909 View Post
Quote:
Hey you! Not sure if BC has made the switch to Joffrey's in-room, but both CBR and AKL had it earlier this month. We found the Joffrey's pods they supplied made quite a good cup.
Here's the info about BC/YC in-room coffee from a few months ago.

I haven't heard if it has been switched over to Joffrey's or not. I'll ask folks over on the thread to be on the lookout for the switchover and to let us know when it happens.

What kind of coffeemakers are in the resort rooms?

As of October 2011, the drip coffee makers in the BC and YC resort rooms were replaced.

The regular resort rooms and club level rooms (including Deluxe Rooms) now have the Cuisinart Double Pod Machines:

Thanks for the photos Rorey, Cinderumbrella and MickeyT!

Here is what I believe are in the rooms currently. Anyone who has been there more recently, please correct this info if it is wrong:

All regular (non-club level) rooms: Cuisinart Pods

All standard club level rooms, all views (standard meaning non-suite), including Deluxe Club Level Rooms: Cuisinart Pods

Suites (1 BR, 2 BR, VP, Presidential Suites): Keurig K-cup

Beach Club Villas- Mr. Coffee-type makers (4 cup for studio, 10 cup for 1BR, 2BR)
natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: