Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2013, 11:56 AM   #106
hedberg1661
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDale79 View Post
I'm not a fan at all, we can get those items at the thousands of Starbucks around the world, why not mix the coffee with the old bakery items?
I couldn't agree more. I would be fine with the move if they chose to go in this direction. I hope this is not the sign of things to come. Too many mainstream products are making their way into the parks.
hedberg1661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:45 PM   #107
SeattleSuz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedmaine View Post
Walt would be having a cigarette, drinking a cup, counting his money and wondering how he could get tourists to spend more cash at the park.
LOL! Agreed!!

I love my Starbucks and who wouldnt want a nice cold Frappucino when it's 90 degrees outside!?!

Suz (40) DH-Matt (39) DD-Ariel (6)
SeattleSuz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-31-2013, 01:06 PM   #108
Lindaland
Mouseketeer

I love Starbucks, but I usually get the iced drinks anyway. What I don't like is having to wait until I get into the parks for some good coffee (hate the instant at some food courts). Last time I went we stopped by Walmart & I got an $8 coffee maker (full sized) and just got some of the Micky coffee from the gift shop. Then I could have my morning coffee before hitting the parks. I agree with the other posters that it should really be in the resorts rather than on Main Street.

Lindaland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 01:29 PM   #109
godolphin123
Earning My Ears

I've

never had a frappudawhatchamacallit from charbucks and doubt i ever will but a real milkshake...mmmmmmmm
godolphin123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 06:52 PM   #110
zorro77
DVC Member Since 93

Is only the Starbucks in Magic Kingdom open or have Epcot and Dt Disney also opened ? thanks
Old 08-06-2013, 10:45 PM   #111
smraynor
The Art Professor

I think Cosmic Ray likes Starbucks...he works long hours.

http://www.itats.org/vintage-walt-di...lorious-1970s/

My semi-viral Disney castle article here:

smraynor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 11:12 AM   #112
Mitzicat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smraynor View Post
I think Cosmic Ray likes Starbucks...he works long hours.
Well Cosmic Ray needed some Starbucks the other day (I think July 31st). He was all slumped over his keyboard...still singing...with only a finger moving. It was king of creapy. A technician came and "turned" him off.

Anyway...I was just recently at the world and found the Starbucks location to be very nice. It's bigger than the old one and it doesn't scream of Starbucks. My cousin was shocked when we walked out and I said...pretty funny that's a starbucks now. She was like "what?" I actually had to point out the starbucks stuff to her.
Mitzicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 11:21 AM   #113
smraynor
The Art Professor

Hopefully the imagineers will give Ray the help he needs. We would miss his really bad jokes.

I'm glad the Starbucks integrates into the overall theming of Main Street.

http://www.itats.org/vintage-walt-di...lorious-1970s/

My semi-viral Disney castle article here:

smraynor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 04:19 PM   #114
disney1990
Wow, it make my heart skip a beat
I'm going to miss these when the season ends
Lighting the Way to Paradise

First, Walt wouldn't know what Starbucks was. But, then he would say, finally a good cup of coffee!

disney1990 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 04:27 PM   #115
Budshark
Mouseketeer

Walt would probably have wondered what happened to his original sponsors like Carnation and Frito-Lay and Welch's and all the other companies who sponsored the original park and had prominent placement and shops.

The Carnation Ice Cream parlor still operates as the Carnation Cafe in Disneyland. How is this ANY different than Starbucks? Disney is less colored with Corporate Sponsors today than in the 60s.
Old 08-12-2013, 04:49 PM   #116
zorro77
DVC Member Since 93

Any news on when Starbucks opens in Epcot 2013
Old 08-13-2013, 08:44 PM   #117
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorro77 View Post
Any news on when Starbucks opens in Epcot 2013
Late September No official date has been given

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 03:04 AM   #118
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

It doesn't matter what Walt would or wouldn't say. Sadly, he is long gone. If a company doesn't move with the times, then they'll end up suffering and closing down.

Walt heavily believed in corporate sponsorship, that is obvious from the first few years at Disneyland. They also rely on feedback - so many people complained about the coffee they were serving, myself included. The first time I tasted Disney coffee, I actually sent it back, thinking there was something wrong with it. They've listened and given people what they wanted, proper coffee. If people don't like Starbucks because of their brand or their products, or because they think it's over priced, that is entirely their prerogative. But I don't drink any soft drink, I don't complain that they serve Coke.

The issue about it not belonging in Main St Bakery seems a little off to me. You're not talking about a small time bakery, nothing was baked in the bakery, it was brought over by truck from a major factory like baking facility at WDW. There was no one making the food fresh out the back. If the items were as popular as people seem to suggest, Disney never would have gotten rid of them. They're about making money. The items might be popular on the boards but in reality, the Dis Boards have very few members when compared to the number that visit the parks.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess

Last edited by Disney_Princess83; 08-14-2013 at 08:49 AM.
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:14 AM   #119
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Princess83 View Post
It doesn't matter what Walt would or wouldn't say. Sadly, he is long gone. If a company doesn't move with the times, then they'll end up suffering and closing down.

Walt heavily believed in corporate sponsorship, that is obvious from the first few years at Disneyland. They also rely on feedback - so many people complained about the coffee they were serving, myself included. The first time I tasted Disney coffee, I actually sent it back, thinking there was something wrong with it. They've listened and given people what they wanted, proper coffee. If people don't like Starbucks because of their brand or their products, or because they think it's over priced, that is entirely prerogative. But I don't drink any soft drink, I don't complain that they serve Coke.

The issue about it not belonging in Main St Bakery seems a little off to me. You're not talking about a small time bakery, nothing was baked in the bakery, it was brought over by truck from a major factory like baking facility at WDW. There was no one making the food fresh out the back. If the items were as popular as people seem to suggest, Disney never would have gotten rid of them. They're about making money. The items might be popular on the boards but in reality, the Dis Boards have very few members when compared to the number that visit the parks.
You hit it square...and highlight beautifully how silly the "uproar" has been. It's just nonsense.

That...and the bakery products were never that good. Just weren't. People need to objectively separate their stomach from their surroundings...

If you got one of those stickybuns from a place in Iowa...it would have been just "ok"
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"
lockedoutlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:48 AM   #120
DizCaptain
°o° Disney Enthusiast

Don't get me wrong, I hated Nes-crap-é, but Starbucks isn't much better. While their sugared up specialty drinks are objectively good, their black coffee almost always tastes burnt and/or bitter. It's just the lesser of two evils between the brands.

Now I'll go be a hypocrite and get a frap the next time I go to MK...

"Laughter is America's most important export." -Walt Disney

DizCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: