Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2013, 04:39 PM   #1
Antonio
Mouseketeer

POR questions

I've never stayed at a moderate before but I have stayed at SSR and OKW. I'm booked for POR this August and just wanted to know how you'd compare it to the other resorts I just mentioned. Outside of the room size which means nothing to us how much of a downgrade is it from OKW and SSR?
Old 06-19-2013, 04:51 PM   #2
Antonio
Mouseketeer

Bump
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-19-2013, 07:07 PM   #3
JennyDrake
Darkwing Duck's Biggest Fan

I've stayed at POR several times, once at SSR and never at OKW, so for what its worth....._I_ prefer to POR to SSR. More to do and vastly superior food court. While it is also a large resort, it is not HUGE like SSR.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:15 PM   #4
pepe of ohio
DIS Veteran

Location: Hubbard, Ohio, northeast Ohio 7 miles from Pa. border

We've done OKW, POFQ....was not impress with OKW, at all.... For the same reasons won't even thing kf trying SSR (too huge, internal buses to food, mugs and main pool ).

Going to put POR in the same cat agora as above, too huge and spread out...

POFQ, though a small resort it's not lacking, theme, ambiance or amenities ...we enjoy the compactness and nowhere is there a bad room in conjunction with food, pool or buses...for a moderate I rate it superb over the other mods!

DIS Dads Club Member
pepe of ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:00 PM   #5
nkereina
Wendy Darling

One thing I prefer about the larger resorts is that they can feel empty, especially during slow season. We felt this way about POR in September. It was large enough where we felt we had the place to ourselves, but our room was in a decent spot. One reason we don't like POFQ is because it always felt crowded, especially in the food court.

I can't speak to OKW and SSR as I haven't stayed, but you will find a larger/better food court, still has transportation to DTD, and IMO POR is not quite as large as those two. POR also has a TS restaurant.
nkereina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:50 PM   #6
snykymom
Still tagless after all these years

I've stayed at both SSR and POR. In my opinion, the differences are minimal. The only thing I don't like about POR is that the buses don't seem to have any specific order that they travel in. At SSR, they go in a very specific direction.

Other than that, unless you need a one bedroom suite or larger, I don't see much reason to spend more for SSR.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:40 PM   #7
tinkerbella16
DIS Veteran

I can only speak for POR since I haven't stayed at SSR or OKW. POR is one of my favorite resorts on property, along with POFQ. The larger size of the resort makes for a more relaxing and quiet experience since everything is spread out. I think the theme is spot on and you really feel like you are in the disney bubble. I love the rooms and we are excited to stay in the Royal Rooms this year! Riverside has one of the best food courts out of all the resorts I have stayed at so far.

Another thing I love about the resort are the boats to DTD. It is such a nice way to get away from the buses and take a relaxing ride on the river. I think POR is a great choice. Lots of amenities. Queen beds in all of the rooms and newly renovated rooms which is nice!

tinkerbella16 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: