Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-14-2013, 12:46 PM   #1
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran
 
Missoutandabout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chicagoland, IL
Posts: 2,035

BoardWalk Inn: Standard View. Room Request Recs?

Calling all BoardWalk Inn experts! (We usually stay "across the water" so I'm more clueless than normal when it comes to the BWI. )

Anyone know of a good room request for a quieter area of the resort? We've booked a standard view. (We have had absolutely BRILLIANT standard view rooms at both AKL and BC before, so I know it's possible to luck out and get something lovely.) We're booked for a short stay during F&W and really looking forward to being in the Epcot area again.

Thanks in advance.
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:50 PM   #2
Dreamsdocometrue9112
"hang onto your hats and glasses 'cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!"
 
Dreamsdocometrue9112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: 1,247 miles from WDW!
Posts: 495

We requested a courtyard view. It was met and we got a perfect view of the Eiffel tower in EPCOT.
__________________
Erika
Last Trip: May 2014



Dreamsdocometrue9112 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-14-2013, 01:40 PM   #3
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran
 
Missoutandabout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chicagoland, IL
Posts: 2,035

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamsdocometrue9112 View Post
We requested a courtyard view. It was met and we got a perfect view of the Eiffel tower in EPCOT.
Oh NICE! That's considered Standard and not Garden? That would be a sweet view, indeed.
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 07:46 PM   #4
DisneyFansInNYC
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyFansInNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: New York City
Posts: 842

We stay at the BW all the time. We love staying over the boardwalk. It seems like it would be loud it it is not. Not sure what view that is but we love the views of the water.
__________________
Me DH DD DD
DS DD Dog

Our 2013 Disney Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLSzd7LSuFc
DisneyFansInNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:10 PM   #5
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples
 
DebbieB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: PA
Posts: 46,410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Oh NICE! That's considered Standard and not Garden? That would be a sweet view, indeed.
Boardwalk doesn't have garden view. Standard or Water. Courtyard is part of standard, along with the front driveway.

http://www.mousesavers.com/2013-boar...-season-dates/
__________________
DebbieB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:31 PM   #6
MichiganDVC
Can barely see my Kool-aid bath with these Rose-colored glasses on....
 
MichiganDVC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Detroit-ish
Posts: 1,050

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB View Post

Boardwalk doesn't have garden view. Standard or Water. Courtyard is part of standard, along with the front driveway.

http://www.mousesavers.com/2013-boar...-season-dates/
Unless you're staying at the Boardwalk villas on the other side of the resort? In which case you will have standard, preferred, and then Boardwalk views.
__________________





1980 - Contemporary
1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1990- Poly
1991 - Yacht Club 1996 - Offsite 2000 - Poly 2003 - Offsite
2008, 2009 - Boardwalk Villas 2010 - Offsite, Boardwalk Villas
2011 - Beach Club, Boardwalk Villas, Bay Lake Tower 2012 - Boardwalk Villas, WL/Poly 2013 - Beach Club, AKL-Kidani, Bay Lake Tower
2014 - Boardwalk, Poly
MichiganDVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 09:22 AM   #7
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples
 
DebbieB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: PA
Posts: 46,410

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganDVC View Post
Unless you're staying at the Boardwalk villas on the other side of the resort? In which case you will have standard, preferred, and then Boardwalk views.
Right, but the thread title was Boardwalk Inn.

Villas do have the views you listed for DVC reservations. CRO only books standard and are usually given pool/garden views.
__________________
DebbieB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 06:56 PM   #8
flamark
Mouseketeer
 
flamark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Orange Park, Fl
Posts: 163

I really really am not this guy but, "did you check out earlier posts". That guy always bugged me. He's on any forum about any subject. The reason I mentioned that is that I too am looking for a good std view room for our trip at the end of this month and the BWI info thread on here has a very lengthy reply on it describing rooms and views. HTH and I am monitoring this thread to steal any ideas that folks suggest. Also we visited BWI yesterday to scout out and I spoke at length with a front desk person and was informed that no matter where you stay you have to come back through the lobby to get to the boardwalk itself and therefore EPCOT. He also said that on the uppermost floor(5th I think he said) the 2 rooms closest to the lobby have water views through a window (no balcony) but are still considered std view. Others may know differently but that is what the gentleman told me.
__________________
Dixie Landings 4/97 - CSR 4/98 - Dixie Landings 6/99 - WL 4/00 - POFQ 6/02 - POR 3/07 - POLY 4/13 - POLY 6/13 - BC 6/13 - POR 9/13 and many others as I can remember them
flamark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:32 PM   #9
kirby428
Mousejunkie Wannabe
 
kirby428's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 246

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamark View Post
I really really am not this guy but, "did you check out earlier posts". That guy always bugged me. He's on any forum about any subject. The reason I mentioned that is that I too am looking for a good std view room for our trip at the end of this month and the BWI info thread on here has a very lengthy reply on it describing rooms and views. HTH and I am monitoring this thread to steal any ideas that folks suggest. Also we visited BWI yesterday to scout out and I spoke at length with a front desk person and was informed that no matter where you stay you have to come back through the lobby to get to the boardwalk itself and therefore EPCOT. He also said that on the uppermost floor(5th I think he said) the 2 rooms closest to the lobby have water views through a window (no balcony) but are still considered std view. Others may know differently but that is what the gentleman told me.
Wow the lobby only access to the boardwalk will surely add some distance to the trip to the Epcot Gate, eh? How many thought there was an exit door at the northern most edge? I did. Puts BC and YC a closer walk to Epcot. The SE corner of BC is only 600ft to the Epcot gate. That's about like walking from one side of a Super Walmart to the other side. I'd better rent an ECV.
__________________
"Fun will now commence."

kirby428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:37 PM   #10
flamark
Mouseketeer
 
flamark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Orange Park, Fl
Posts: 163

As I said, I most certainly could be wrong, but that is what the cast member told me. Your comment just got me thinking about how scooters, wheelchairs, etc. get down from the lobby level to the boardwalk level. I am sure there is an elevator but I certainly didn't see it, either coming out or passing back through when we were leaving.
__________________
Dixie Landings 4/97 - CSR 4/98 - Dixie Landings 6/99 - WL 4/00 - POFQ 6/02 - POR 3/07 - POLY 4/13 - POLY 6/13 - BC 6/13 - POR 9/13 and many others as I can remember them
flamark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:10 PM   #11
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran
 
Wood Nymph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Chicago suburbs
Posts: 4,209

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamark View Post
As I said, I most certainly could be wrong, but that is what the cast member told me. Your comment just got me thinking about how scooters, wheelchairs, etc. get down from the lobby level to the boardwalk level. I am sure there is an elevator but I certainly didn't see it, either coming out or passing back through when we were leaving.
There is an exit door on ground level near the Flying Fish restaurant. We had a ground floor room on the courtyard side and in order to get out to the boardwalk we had to go up a floor, down some hallways, and then back down again. There was an elevator to use. It was very inconvenient since there aren't any exit doors that are close to Epcot.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________
~ Sue





Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:36 PM   #12
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples
 
DebbieB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: PA
Posts: 46,410

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamark View Post
As I said, I most certainly could be wrong, but that is what the cast member told me. Your comment just got me thinking about how scooters, wheelchairs, etc. get down from the lobby level to the boardwalk level. I am sure there is an elevator but I certainly didn't see it, either coming out or passing back through when we were leaving.
It's near the restrooms on the second floor off the lobby on the Inn side. Near the store on the villa side.
__________________
DebbieB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 02:22 PM   #13
kirby428
Mousejunkie Wannabe
 
kirby428's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 246

ESPN rooms to EPCOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamark View Post
As I said, I most certainly could be wrong, but that is what the cast member told me. Your comment just got me thinking about how scooters, wheelchairs, etc. get down from the lobby level to the boardwalk level. I am sure there is an elevator but I certainly didn't see it, either coming out or passing back through when we were leaving.
Rooms at the northern most part of BWI behind ESPN measure about 2000 ft to the EPCOT gate considering a need to exit the lobby at the center of the lake side. That's not quite a half mile and about the same as a walk to the MK from the CR.
__________________
"Fun will now commence."

kirby428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.