Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2013, 04:33 PM   #1
baleeve
"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere -- I want it more than I can tell

Clean healthy eating possible onboard the Dream?

How are the healthy eating choices onboard?

Are there whole grain options? Fish without a lot of butter/sauce/ or creams? Dark leafy salads instead of the basic iceberg lettuce?

Due to a serious health issue 4 years ago I now eat really healthy. (not by choice) but by lifestyle. I would LOVE to eat nachos, desserts or yummy french treats the whole cruise but I just can't.

So I am wondering if I will have a hard time finding clean - healthy - vitamin rich foods onboard without having to just eat shrimp cocktail or carrot sticks everyday.

Dance Team WDW Jul 80 Navy Graduation EPCOT Mar 88 Disneyland Mom 1 day trip April 88 Carnival Jubilee Aug 91 MK 1 day Mom Mar 95 Johns 1st visit POR Apr 96 WDW FWC Trip with Papa Sep 97 WDW FWC Family trip Dec 98 WDW POFQ/FWC - Work trip Mar 01 Sovereign of the Seas Sept 00 Owens 1st visit FWCG March 03 WDW 8 months prego w/Brady Jan 05 Carnival Fantasy Jun 07 WDW 1 day AK trip Mom Jan 08 Brady's 1st visit/Mardi Gras POFQ Feb 09 First Xmas at WDW/1st year remission celebration POP Dec 10 WDW AKL 4th yr remission celebration Aug 13 Magic/LBV/DTD Feb 2014
baleeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 04:39 PM   #2
NACFl
Mouseketeer

You won't have problems unless you're vegan. There are plenty of good options at Cabanas and at the main dining restaurants. Even room service has a few decent options.
NACFl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-22-2013, 05:17 PM   #3
LWQuestie
I'm the Rocketeer!

Just talk to your dining team and they'll get you what you need!

LWQuestie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 06:39 PM   #4
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

If you like Indian food, talk to your server about getting you some curries. 2 of my 3 dinners were delicious vegetarian curries (with white rice) after talking with my server. Might not be perfect, but it could do the trick for you.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 07:49 PM   #5
IFlossU
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by baleeve View Post
How are the healthy eating choices onboard?

Are there whole grain options? Fish without a lot of butter/sauce/ or creams? Dark leafy salads instead of the basic iceberg lettuce?

Due to a serious health issue 4 years ago I now eat really healthy. (not by choice) but by lifestyle. I would LOVE to eat nachos, desserts or yummy french treats the whole cruise but I just can't.

So I am wondering if I will have a hard time finding clean - healthy - vitamin rich foods onboard without having to just eat shrimp cocktail or carrot sticks everyday.
Yes, I think it's possible. You'll probably find the selections not quite as tasty, but I know they offer grilled chicken breast and veggies at dinner. Salad options and veggies are plentiful. I don't know what you like for breakfast, but oatmeal is available, and they can cook eggs to order, possibly an egg white omelet. I would definitely ask, I'm sure they would gladly make one and throw in some veggies or fresh fruit.

For what it's worth I'm a "clean eater" at home, but chose to indulge "moderately" on our cruise. I ended up gaining 3lbs in 8 days, which I thought was pretty good considering, I also took advantage of the treadmills to burn off a few of the extra calories. ; >. When I got home it was right back to "real life" and I dropped the cruise weight in a few weeks.

Have fun and have no fear, just ask your servers about healthier options and they'll happily oblige!

(38) (41) (5) (3)
IFlossU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:36 PM   #6
LWQuestie
I'm the Rocketeer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFlossU View Post
I don't know what you like for breakfast, but oatmeal is available, and they can cook eggs to order, possibly an egg white omelet. I would definitely ask, I'm sure they would gladly make one and throw in some veggies or fresh fruit.
They will definitely do egg white omelets to order. I had several on my recent cruise.

LWQuestie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:41 PM   #7
baleeve
"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere -- I want it more than I can tell

Thank you all for your replies. I knew I worried for nothing.

Dance Team WDW Jul 80 Navy Graduation EPCOT Mar 88 Disneyland Mom 1 day trip April 88 Carnival Jubilee Aug 91 MK 1 day Mom Mar 95 Johns 1st visit POR Apr 96 WDW FWC Trip with Papa Sep 97 WDW FWC Family trip Dec 98 WDW POFQ/FWC - Work trip Mar 01 Sovereign of the Seas Sept 00 Owens 1st visit FWCG March 03 WDW 8 months prego w/Brady Jan 05 Carnival Fantasy Jun 07 WDW 1 day AK trip Mom Jan 08 Brady's 1st visit/Mardi Gras POFQ Feb 09 First Xmas at WDW/1st year remission celebration POP Dec 10 WDW AKL 4th yr remission celebration Aug 13 Magic/LBV/DTD Feb 2014
baleeve is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: