Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2014, 10:17 AM   #1
Sgt Mickey
I will always remember where I was that day
I am defiantly going to attempt as many as I can
I thought I had never up there but I think I erased it and my brain went somewhere else

Unhappy Some one hold me and tell me it's going to be alright

This is going to be the first year that I do not have trick or treaters. My kids anyway. They are all too old and over it.

I was just looking at the cute costumes online at they Disney store. Bring back my babies.
Sgt Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 10:27 AM   #2
disney212
DIS Veteran

Hugs, it will be ok. This is the time for some fun adult parties. We do a chilli party on Halloween in full costumes, its a blast. Mine are grown also so now we even put the dogs in costumes.
disney212 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-26-2014, 10:31 AM   #3
sailorstitch
Mouseketeer

You can take me trick-or-treating! Even as a kid I never really cared about getting the candy. I just LOVED dressing up in costumes. Now as an adult I cosplay. I'm always looking for an excuse to pull out one of my costumes.

sailorstitch

sailorstitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 10:37 AM   #4
Sgt Mickey
I thought I had never up there but I think I erased it and my brain went somewhere else

I love dressing up too. Family dress up themed costumes the whole thing.

Maybe your right I just need to do a halloween party to get my mind off of it
Old 08-26-2014, 11:08 AM   #5
lizabu
DIS Veteran

I like it better now that my kids are big. It always rains on Halloween. Trudging around in the cold rain...yuck. Now we watch Halloween shows on the couch together and pig out on candy. The kids love handing out the candy and seeing all the cutie trick or treaters.
lizabu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 11:21 AM   #6
mickeyboat
Nothing like the cream and chocolate combination
Thank you for omitting the footwear today
Moons are a sign of intelligence and beauty

I loved Halloween as a kid, but hate it as an adult. My kids are older now, and I have to worry that they are causing trouble out without me. So far, so good.

When they were little it was agony worrying about costumes, the weather, and trudging through the darkness with a child who could not see.

I did love MNSSHP, though!

So couldnít we all come to the conclusion that itís not the PLACE that counts, itís the people who contribute to it? - Delswife
mickeyboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 11:36 AM   #7
Sgt Mickey

Thinking back the only time I worried about weather is when we lived in Alaska. SOOO COLD!!
Old 08-26-2014, 11:52 AM   #8
yoopermom
Suffers from too many teenage Stephen King influences

Where we live no trick or treaters come to our house, and DS is all grown up. So what I did was go to my BF's house (who lives in the closest small town), and give out candy with her. We drink wine, whoop it up, and the trick or treaters are thrilled because they get two for one!

There are also a couple of older ladies who fill little trick or treat bags, and hand them out right out of their car on the street kitty corner to us (yes, I know this wouldn't be safe in a lot of towns, but ours is REALLLLLY small!).

I have also been known to dress up a dog and take it with .

Terri
yoopermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 01:21 PM   #9
MomofKatie
Maybe if you leave some chocolate under your pillow the Tag Fairy will visit you!
In the second grade I looked like a mini senior citizen!
"Dairy World?" "Fairy World." "OH, DARN IT!!!"

I am in the same boat, OP. DD will be 16 this Halloween, and even though she has always dressed up and either trick-or-treated or gone to a party every other year, she will be at boarding school this year.

I plan on just enjoying the young kids in the neighborhood- answering the door and handing out candy without having to worry about dropping off/picking up or going with DD. I will also probably join the other adults in the culdesac to hand out treats, then later have a few grownup cocktails.

It will be okay, OP!
MomofKatie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 01:54 PM   #10
momof1princess
i feel like i'm going to explode if i don't get it out right that second!

DD16 will probably still trick or treat this year, but we insist she wear a costume. Everyone she hangs out with still dresses up and goes, so they're out in groups, which is less worry for the parents. If they decide not to go, we'll (the parents) probably get together and do a party. I miss taking little ones. Right there with ya, OP. It's not as much fun when they're old enough to drive themselves...lol.
Old 08-26-2014, 02:35 PM   #11
chiefmickeymouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Mickey View Post
Thinking back the only time I worried about weather is when we lived in Alaska. SOOO COLD!!
Some of my kids' favorite memories are trick-or-treating in Alaska. On base trick-or-treating meant lots of houses close together, so lots of candy with minimal walking. On the other hand, your costume choices are severely limited when you have to wear a parka!

My kids have outgrown it now too, and I also feel sad sometimes. At Christmas I get sad when I walk near the toy aisle in Target, buying pajamas and electronics for my teens just isn't the same as Legos and Barbie dolls.
chiefmickeymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 03:54 PM   #12
Jedana
Have to learn to budget somehow. Want the latest video game? Save up. Want a new Beyblade? save up. Want a new Dooney and Burke? Grab the credit card out of DH's wallet...

It's sad when they grow up and stop ToTing. Mainly because then if you want the 100 Grand bars, you have to actually buy them yourself....

DS 10 stopped ToTing 2 years ago (his choice). He likes to hide around the outside and scare others.
Old 08-26-2014, 04:33 PM   #13
Sgt Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomofKatie View Post
I am in the same boat, OP. DD will be 16 this Halloween, and even though she has always dressed up and either trick-or-treated or gone to a party every other year, she will be at boarding school this year.

I plan on just enjoying the young kids in the neighborhood- answering the door and handing out candy without having to worry about dropping off/picking up or going with DD. I will also probably join the other adults in the culdesac to hand out treats, then later have a few grownup cocktails.

It will be okay, OP!
That sounds fun.
Old 08-26-2014, 04:35 PM   #14
Sgt Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefmickeymouse View Post
Some of my kids' favorite memories are trick-or-treating in Alaska. On base trick-or-treating meant lots of houses close together, so lots of candy with minimal walking. On the other hand, your costume choices are severely limited when you have to wear a parka!

My kids have outgrown it now too, and I also feel sad sometimes. At Christmas I get sad when I walk near the toy aisle in Target, buying pajamas and electronics for my teens just isn't the same as Legos and Barbie dolls.
I grew up in western new York so I can relate to wearing a snow suit with your costume. BUT yes I will be just as sad at Christmas.
My husband on the other hands is enjoying it.
Old 08-26-2014, 04:54 PM   #15
Happy Snowman
DIS Veteran

Our kids went TorT'ing all through high school, everyone did. As long as they had costumes, people were happy to give them candy, and they usually came toward the end so everyone would dump their extra candy in their bags. Now that everyone is out of the nest, we just have to enjoy the neighbor kids...except I'm going to be out of town for work on Halloween this year . I'll have some candy in my hotel room just in case.
Happy Snowman is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: