Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports > Disney Cruise Line Pre-Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2013, 11:20 AM   #1
dismomto2
Earning My Ears

Disney Wonder - Alaska 2014

Hi All, I'm new to this board, but not new to Disney. We just booked the Disney Wonder for next June 2014. We are thinking about flying into Seattle and then taking the Amtrak to Vancouver. Anybody have any thoughts/advice on doing that? One specific thing that I'm wondering is that Amtrak says that they have baggage size restrictions. Do they really follow their size rules, and will a large suitcase fit overhead?

Also, has anybody every successfully made it back to Seattle on the disembarkation day for a flight out of Seattle? Is that crazy to even think about doing?

Thanks in advance for all of your thoughts!
dismomto2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:23 AM   #2
dismomto2
Earning My Ears

I think I may have posted this in the wrong forum. Sorry about that!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-20-2013, 02:28 PM   #4
qqq
Earning My Ears

Quick Shuttle bus from Seattle to Vancouver

We just got back from the Wonder Alaska cruise. Flew into Seattle and did a few tourist activities. Next morning took the Quick Shuttle bus from Seattle.
They have several options. Ours was pick up Seattle downtown 7:15AM. Drop off was 11:30AM directly at the Wonder at Canada Place pier. They even take care of your luggage and check it in direct with Disney.
Way back was easy too. Pick up at Wonder 9:00AM and back to SeaTac airport by 1:30PM. We did the express walk-off on Wonder, which means carry your own luggage off boat - to assure the 9:00AM Quick Shuttle. It was easy but there are later choices too. Bus round trip was $90 each.
Saved $467 round trip each by flying into Seattle instead of Vancouver (from Chicago). Times 3 = saved $1400 airfare by flying into Seattle. Check out the Quick Shuttle Seattle web site. We wouldn't hesitate to use them again.
qqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:46 PM   #5
dismomto2
Earning My Ears

Thank you for all of the information! We will have 5 of us going, so I think that will be the way to go.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: