Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2013, 05:04 PM   #46
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Wow!! The room is gorgeous. I absolutely love all of those little details - especially all the princess portraits, and Tiana's letter, and the stool, and the door handle, and the faucet, and the air conditioner....

I have a feeling I would have "pushed the button" a few hundred times myself. What a bummer the royal rooms don't have the murphy bed too.

Totally hear you on the toiletries. I would have missed those too. But I do like the bottles with the Mickey heads on them... I don't think the deluxe resorts have those.

Overall, wow. what an absolutely perfect choice for a princess birthday getaway! And so glad the boys weren't "too cool" to enjoy as well.

2xcited2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 05:51 PM   #47
Sue M
DIS Veteran

I thought those bottles with the Mickey Heads were super cute too! We had them at POFQ. I was happy the mods now have the separate shampoo & conditioner instead of those 2 in 1. I did miss having the body lotion. Good thing our hotel in Ft Lauderdale Pre wdw had it, and asked housekeeper for extras
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-23-2013, 07:33 PM   #48
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
All the details are beautiful, but I must say my favorite is that awesome faucet!

How long did you guys stay, one night or two?
We were only there 2 nights - which is a bit short. Three nights wouldn't have felt so rushed, but I'm not complaining...really. It was a great trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Beautiful room, I think next time we stay at POR we will have to try thevRoyal Rooms! My fav location is Magnolia, but I could live with Oak Manor
Try it! Expand your horizons

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchdisneyfamily View Post
We were just two doors down from you a week ago! I loved it. I have two boys and they loved it too. They didn't think it was too girly at all.
No kidding?! I totally agree....Jesse really did like the room as well as Stephen. When people think of a princess room, they probably think "pink", "frilly" and "fluffy"....and it wasn't at all. Disney did a great job creating the Royal Rooms

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Totally hear you on the toiletries. I would have missed those too. But I do like the bottles with the Mickey heads on them... I don't think the deluxe resorts have those.
I love some H2O!!!! And totally missed the lotion....however....the Mickey heads are super cute, and you're right, the deluxes don't have them (to my knowledge)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Overall, wow. what an absolutely perfect choice for a princess birthday getaway! And so glad the boys weren't "too cool" to enjoy as well.
The boys are always really good with the "girlie" stuff we make them do And vice-versa...Faith has to participate with our "boy" outings, also Every now and then we have some backlash

Quote:
I thought those bottles with the Mickey Heads were super cute too! We had them at POFQ. I was happy the mods now have the separate shampoo & conditioner instead of those 2 in 1. I did miss having the body lotion. Good thing our hotel in Ft Lauderdale Pre wdw had it, and asked housekeeper for extras
....hoarding, again, Sue???

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL
hstrickland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 06:37 AM   #49
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Since I am practically never on the DIS, missed your TR!! Noticed the link this morning on Jeannette's PTR. Looking forward to catching up and reading all about Faith's birthday trip! Oooo...a Royal Room. LOVE LOVE LOVE all the pics!!

Last edited by Minnie&Nana; 06-25-2013 at 06:47 AM. Reason: Typos
Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:39 PM   #50
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Since I am practically never on the DIS, missed your TR!! Noticed the link this morning on Jeannette's PTR. Looking forward to catching up and reading all about Faith's birthday trip! Oooo...a Royal Room. LOVE LOVE LOVE all the pics!!

Hi there, Christine

Miss seeing you around on the RC thread (not that I'm a regular myself )...glad you stopped by over here Hope all is going well with you and your family.

Have a wonderful summer!
Heather

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL
Old 06-26-2013, 07:14 AM   #51
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

“...A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office!”

Not exactly my motto, but Bill seems to like it. Since the trip report is kind-of-sort-of about Faith….and since WishIwasFishin has joined the scene…I decided to give you a little family fishin’ history....basically just a random post Will try not to bore you too awfully much...

We live very close to the Savannah and Hilton Head Island area, so that’s where Bill chooses to do most of his flats fishing – mostly Hilton Head area (Beaufort, Parris Island)

Faith’s very first trout….think she was maybe 4 years old.

Last year…her very first Red (Redfish, Spot-tail Bass…not sure what y’all call them)

A couple of years ago….this is Stephen’s biggest Red to date…..he likes to fish, but he doesn’t LOVE it like his brother and sister.

And would life be complete without our Jess Man??!!! Absolutely not!

Out of the 3 kids, this is the one who will rise and shine at 5am to go fishing…no lie. He LOVES it!!!

On Memorial Day Weekend, we made our way over to the Parris Island area for a family outing….

Do you see these “brown things” in the water??....any idea what they are???

Horseshoe crab! They were all over this oyster bed/island!!! Crazy! There were hundreds of them.

Notice I don’t catch many fish....just a horseshoe crab ….I’m basically there for moral support.

And I would be remiss if I didn’t throw in a couple of Cancun fishing pictures ….

Bill, Stephen and my dad did a fishing excursion one early morning…

Miguel...their fishing guide.

Stephen’s first tarpon…or actually a baby tarpon. As Bill always says….. “When in doubt….exaggerate!”

Last weekend….Bill and Faith’s father/daughter outing. Faith laughed at this picture….she said people were going to think it was a little boy in the pic!

Faith reeled this one in herself! And proud, she is!!!

I was going to surprise Bill with a Disney fishing excursion on our next vacation, but he made the comment that it's too expensive for what you get Guess I won't be doing that

Enough fishing stories! ….. Back to the actual TR! Early morning POR pics are on the way!

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
Old 06-26-2013, 11:50 AM   #52
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Some of those fish are HUGE!

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:52 AM   #53
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
We were only there 2 nights - which is a bit short. Three nights wouldn't have felt so rushed, but I'm not complaining...really. It was a great trip.

Try it! Expand your horizons

No kidding?! I totally agree....Jesse really did like the room as well as Stephen. When people think of a princess room, they probably think "pink", "frilly" and "fluffy"....and it wasn't at all. Disney did a great job creating the Royal Rooms

I love some H2O!!!! And totally missed the lotion....however....the Mickey heads are super cute, and you're right, the deluxes don't have them (to my knowledge)

The boys are always really good with the "girlie" stuff we make them do And vice-versa...Faith has to participate with our "boy" outings, also Every now and then we have some backlash

....hoarding, again, Sue???
who, me? Hoard?
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Old 06-27-2013, 07:16 AM   #54
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Some of those fish are HUGE!
Compared to the kids, yes! The tarpon was a bit disappointing for them....they were wanting a really big one. Bill said that tarpons can grow to about 5-6 ft long and weigh up to 200lbs Still fun, though.

Quote:
who, me? Hoard?
Did I say that??? ......

Who am I to talk??!!! Right there with ya when it comes to H2O products

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7

Last edited by hstrickland; 06-27-2013 at 07:13 PM.
Old 06-27-2013, 09:06 AM   #55
MagicallyDelicious
Mouseketeer

How sweet. My husband is a huge kayak fisherman. He would love to see these pics. Those are nice fish!

How lucky you are to be so close to such good fishing!

We're going to Cabo soon, just so he can fish.

MagicallyDelicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:15 AM   #56
Sue M
DIS Veteran

We need a support group, hoarders of the world unite!!

Old 06-28-2013, 12:30 PM   #57
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So, final thoughts on the Royal Room

Negatives (for our family)

* A bit small for our family of 5 – but just fine for a short span of time.

* Since all buildings are separated, the rain could be an issue when traveling from building to building.

* ….and that’s about all the negatives I can come up with

Positives

* Well worth the money!

* Perfect for a weekend getaway!

* Absolutely adorable theming for anyone’s little princess!

* Great location at POR!

* Queen beds are a big plus!

Would we do it again??? Sure! Maybe not a Royal Room simply because it doesn’t have the murphy bed…but we would definitely stay at POR without hesitation. And while the Princess theme wasn’t the boys first choice, they actually thought it was pretty cool and weren’t disappointed at all!!!

Up next....early morning shots at POR!

[/CENTER]
Love all the pics!!! We would get connecting rooms, but I still have mod-phobia One day.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishIwasFishin View Post
Thanks for the welcome.
I'm a man of few words (on the DisBoards)

Bill
We hope you stick around Bill!!!

Quote:

Love the fishing pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 02:45 PM   #58
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicallyDelicious View Post
How sweet. My husband is a huge kayak fisherman. He would love to see these pics. Those are nice fish!

How lucky you are to be so close to such good fishing!

We're going to Cabo soon, just so he can fish.
No kidding?! Kayak fishing, huh....that looks so difficult to me Bill's favorite place to fish is Mosquito Lagoon in New Smyrna, FL which is about 4 hours away...not too awfully far. Cabo sounds absolutely fabulous!!! Bet your hubby is super excited to be fishing down there...the water will be beautiful for sure.

Quote:
We need a support group, hoarders of the world unite!!

....titled H2O Hoarders Anonymous...sad but true

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Love all the pics!!! We would get connecting rooms, but I still have mod-phobia One day.....
...I know exactly how you feel. Same here, but I took a leap of faith and overcame my fears And would you believe we REALLY liked it?! You've done the values, right?...so think of it as a value with a queen size bed....kind of

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Love the fishing pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Random pics, I know....just some family background/history

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
Old 06-28-2013, 03:01 PM   #59
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Love all the fishing pics Heather! And the pros and cons of POR...very helpful! Thanks a bunch!
I am a bit confused though, did you all have two rooms??
Old 06-28-2013, 09:29 PM   #60
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Love all the fishing pics Heather! And the pros and cons of POR...very helpful! Thanks a bunch!
You're quite welcome Put it on your bucket list of resorts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
I am a bit confused though, did you all have two rooms??
Well....two rooms would have given us all a bed to sleep in But we went the cheaper route...1 room Jesse slept on the floor. And believe it or not, he likes it. Since we drove, we brought a sleeping bag and sleep mat for him. If we were staying for several nights or longer, we would have to get a room that actually sleeps 5. We did this at the WL a couple of years ago for a very short trip...not too bad.

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: