Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2013, 10:30 AM   #31
Marsheliz
DIS Veteran

I'm in!!

You make having 3 children look easy!! I have 2 boys and want to go for that 3rd to hopefully get a little princess but only time will tell. Love the name Faith too- I have a 13 year old niece named Faith!

No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing.. The dreams that you dream... Really do come true....

April 2005- Offsite.. My now DH's first time
December 2005- Offsite ( ENGAGED at MK)
December 2007- Offsite ( Pregnant with Lawson)
February 2011-All Star Sport ( Pregnant with Landen)
September 2012- 1 night @ POFQ
September 2012- 3 nights @ AOA
October 2013- Caribbean Beach Resort
June 2014- Weekend Surprise at Port Orleans Riverside!

October 2013 TR- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3207813
June 2014 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3293489
Marsheliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 05:29 PM   #32
jwwi
DIS Veteran

Hi Heather, nice start to your TR. I love all of the older pictures in your introduction. Faith looks so cute after her BBB makeover, I love Snow White, and I don't think I have seen many little girls pick this princess. She sure is a lucky little girl to get to go to WDW to celebrate her birthday. We have an American girl store in Chicago. It is like gridlock on weekends! I feel much more comfortable at MK, even on the crowded days.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-21-2013, 06:41 PM   #33
farrahalex76
Mouseketeer

Love your trip reports I've always lurked on them. I have 3 girls and we took them to Atlanta this year for spring break/their birthdays. The main mission was the American girl doll store. Sadly with 3 girls that was our vacation too, Disney will have to wait till next year.
Old 06-21-2013, 07:01 PM   #34
DisneyDoc5
Disney, Dogs, Chocolate

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishIwasFishin View Post
Joining in! After years of lurking under my wife's name, I finally decided to get in on the action. I'm Heather's other half the financial backer for her Disney obsession.

Bill

WELCOME BILL!!!! So happy you could join us!!!!!!!!! Bret agrees with the 'financial backer' title!

LOVE the start of the new TR Heather...LOL at the introductions...so funny! We had that SAME Cinderella in 2010 (the one and only Cinderella of course!).

Heading out to our campfire for the night, but had to stop by and get on the POR Faith's birthday trip bus!

Happy Friday friends!
Erin
2006 Beach Club, 2008 Contemporary, 2008 Beach Club, 2010 Port Orleans Riverside, 2010 Polynesian, 2011 Coronado Springs, 2012 Port Orleans Riverside, 2012 Fantasy Cruise, 2012 Art of Animation, 2013 Yacht Club, 2013 Polynesian, 2014 Port Orleans Riverside, 2014 Fantasy Cruise, 2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge, 2015 Port Orleans Riverside

DisneyDoc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 08:52 PM   #35
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

TOTAL shock!!! The hubby actually joining the DisBoards and not just being the Disboard Stalker anymore....what is the world coming to???!! So...without further ado....may I introduce WishIwasFishin...AKA...my hubby, Bill!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishIwasFishin View Post
Joining in! After years of lurking under my wife's name, I finally decided to get in on the action. I'm Heather's other half the financial backer for her Disney obsession.

Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alysa View Post
Awww - love all the photos, especially the retro one with Baloo! You kids are charming! Great photos of the hotel, especially the pool shots. POR is the first time I stayed on property with my husband. Love it there, so pretty.
Thanks!!! More retro pics to come My sister and I crack up laughing every time we look at our old Disney photos, and wonder why in the world mom gave us those horrible haircuts!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Faith was looking pretty chic in that outfit

For years I never knew Yee Ha Bob existed, now I'm hearing about him all over the place. Might need to catch his show one of these trips.

The resort looks beautiful, can't wait to see more. We took a boat over once but didn't do much exploring.
Faith is a girly-girl, but at the same time she doesn't mind getting dirty in the back yard with her brothers.

We REALLY liked the resort. I had my reservations, but they quickly disappeared when we got there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Glad you got to enjoy some of YeeHa Bob. I think POR has to be one of the prettiest resorts on property! You got a great location right by the bridge!
Love the pics!!
We did get super lucky! I had no idea what to request, so....I didn't request And the walk to the main building wasn't bad at all. However...if it had been raining, that would have been a different story!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Love all the pics!
Thanks! And by the way....Stephen loves your screen name wiigirl. He told me you must be big into Wii games

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
I'm glad you had a great trip...and at least we won't get Heather TR withdrawal since the AKL CL/Cruise is complete
Let's hope I finish this one in a timely manner

Quote:
Yay for arrival day. Faith looks SO big and mature When did that happen??? The pic of her on the bed looking at the headboard is a keeper. And Jesse always manages to locate the cartoons
Faith has really grown up this year...kind of sad for me. But with Jesse around, there's no time to dwell on that....we're too busy chasing the Wanderer around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsheliz View Post
I'm in!!

You make having 3 children look easy!! I have 2 boys and want to go for that 3rd to hopefully get a little princess but only time will tell. Love the name Faith too- I have a 13 year old niece named Faith!
Well aren't you kind! I'm sure when my sister and parents read your comment they will bust out laughing! They're a handful to say the least, but they're also a very big blessing....and all so very different.

Good luck with your decision! At least you have plenty of time to decide. Three's a great number

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwwi View Post
Hi Heather, nice start to your TR. I love all of the older pictures in your introduction. Faith looks so cute after her BBB makeover, I love Snow White, and I don't think I have seen many little girls pick this princess. She sure is a lucky little girl to get to go to WDW to celebrate her birthday. We have an American girl store in Chicago. It is like gridlock on weekends! I feel much more comfortable at MK, even on the crowded days.
again! I can only imagine!!! The one in Atlanta isn't nearly as big and it's always packed. I'm with you on the MK ...much more enjoyable, too! Or at least for Bill and the boys....

Quote:
Originally Posted by farrahalex76 View Post
Love your trip reports I've always lurked on them. I have 3 girls and we took them to Atlanta this year for spring break/their birthdays. The main mission was the American girl doll store. Sadly with 3 girls that was our vacation too, Disney will have to wait till next year.
Thanks!! Glad you came out of lurking mode And wow! 3 girls!!!! That's costly for sure. I can't imagine what y'all spent at the AG store on 3! It's amazing how expensive that stuff is....the doll alone is pricey. But when you add the clothes, and shoes, and bag, and bed...etc. etc. Yep...that's a WDW trip!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDoc5 View Post
LOVE the start of the new TR Heather...LOL at the introductions...so funny! We had that SAME Cinderella in 2010 (the one and only Cinderella of course!).
Hiya friend! So glad you made it! Thought I would post some old pics...some older than others

Quote:
Heading out to our campfire for the night, but had to stop by and get on the POR Faith's birthday trip bus!

Happy Friday friends!
Erin
Enjoy your night! Bill and Faith are already in the bed....getting up early for a fishing trip to Hilton Head.

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
hstrickland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 09:23 PM   #36
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

I am with you Heather on the girls growing up fast, and your Faith is a real beauty. Hiya to Bill!! Nice to see a much talked about DH (in a good way of course )! I wish mine would come out of lurkerdom and join the Dis too!

Can't wait to hear more about POR, yes my 'financially responsible' next choice for WDW!! Maybe....
Old 06-22-2013, 08:12 AM   #37
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Hurrah!!! I was secretly hoping you would write about this trip but I didn't want to pressure you.

Welcome, Bill! And what a great idea you had. You scored some big bonus points there. WAY better than an American Girl weekend. I bet even Sophia agreed.

The princess themed room looks great. Love that headboard. Does it light up like the ones in Disneyland do?

Jesse and his wandering.

2xcited2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 10:28 AM   #38
Marsheliz
DIS Veteran

Haha- well to me- you make it look easy! Lol!! I saw where you are headed to HH today- sounds fun! I'm in South Carolina!

No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing.. The dreams that you dream... Really do come true....

April 2005- Offsite.. My now DH's first time
December 2005- Offsite ( ENGAGED at MK)
December 2007- Offsite ( Pregnant with Lawson)
February 2011-All Star Sport ( Pregnant with Landen)
September 2012- 1 night @ POFQ
September 2012- 3 nights @ AOA
October 2013- Caribbean Beach Resort
June 2014- Weekend Surprise at Port Orleans Riverside!

October 2013 TR- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3207813
June 2014 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3293489
Marsheliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 03:11 PM   #39
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
I am with you Heather on the girls growing up fast, and your Faith is a real beauty. Hiya to Bill!! Nice to see a much talked about DH (in a good way of course )! I wish mine would come out of lurkerdom and join the Dis too!
It's taken Bill 5 years... So, let's see...when did you join the Dis???? I can assure you he won't be a regular poster like us. He's been asking how to do a multi-quote....perhaps I'll show him tonight It still makes me laugh!

Quote:
Can't wait to hear more about POR, yes my 'financially responsible' next choice for WDW!! Maybe....
Well....maybe...after you read this TR, you'll be more inclined to try it...or maybe NOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Hurrah!!! I was secretly hoping you would write about this trip but I didn't want to pressure you.
It's about time, huh?? How many months ago did we go???

Quote:
The princess themed room looks great. Love that headboard. Does it light up like the ones in Disneyland do?
It does...you press a button and it lights up! Precious! You can only imagine how many times the kids pushed it. I finally had to say STOP!

Quote:
Jesse and his wandering.
Sad, but true, Christine. Not sure if he will ever grow out of this! It's frustrating...not to mention dangerous! We have to seriously laugh to keep from crying Of course all my friends think it's hysterical....and sometimes it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsheliz View Post
Haha- well to me- you make it look easy! Lol!! I saw where you are headed to HH today- sounds fun! I'm in South Carolina!
Put it this way...it has gotten much easier. The first few years were a bit difficult. When Jesse was born and Faith was barely walking, and we basically had 2 diaper bags....you can imagine

Bill fishes over in the HH/Beaufort/Paris Island area....much better than Savannah he says. They caught a couple of redfish today, so Faith was happy He does catch and release....rarely does he keep any.

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
Old 06-23-2013, 01:22 PM   #40
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

The Royal Room

The Royal Room
Port Orleans Riverside

As you remember, we were located here….

In room….

Which is found in…

When Bill , aka…WishIWasFishing, and I decided on the Royal Room, I was a bit skeptical. Since this was a trip for the boys, also, I was worried about it being too girlie or in all honesty….just plain cheesy. Much to our surprise, it was absolutely perfect for this trip!!!

(computer generated photo I found on the web)

So, just a little FYI for all your curious minds …..

(Info from Allears.net)

Resort Room Renovations

All rooms at Port Orleans Riverside have now been renovated (Summer 2012). The ever popular "trundle bed" rooms in Alligator Bayou, now have a murphy bed instead. The murphey bed is off the floor and bigger than the trundle.

If you’re a family of 5….this would work perfect. Well, that’s if the person sleeping in the murphy bed is a kid. As you can see, it’s rather small.

Just another of view of POR rooms…

Royal Rooms

These rooms are located in the Magnolia Bend area. The rooms are elegant and the attention to detail is fabulous. Royal Rooms are located in buildings 90 and 95. This area has four 2- and 3-story mansion homes, reflecting the large plantation residences in Mississippi many decades ago. In Magnolia Bend, Oak Manor is nearest to the Resort center, and is adjacent to one of the "quiet" pools. Magnolia Terrace is mentioned by many to be an ideal location, while others find Oak Manor to be a better choice.

Another important feature to note about the mansions is the fact that you must cross the Sassagoula River bridges to get to the food court, gift shop and other main building features.

The beds were quite intriguing for the children! There’s a button that you press to make the fireworks light up. Let’s see….how many times did they push the button? One, two, three??? Not even close! Must have been 100 times!

Just another photo of details on the bedspread….

Bill and I both thought the queen beds were comfortable….nothing to write home about, but nothing to complain about either.

Faith hurried around the room pointing out the great detail! Notice the stool….

There was even a letter from Tiana on the table – Disney, being the geniuses they are, made the letter a permanent part of the table.

Over the table hangs very ornate lighting ….

The Imaginears even made the flat screen TV part of the décor…

Too many pics....continue on to the next post!

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
Old 06-23-2013, 01:23 PM   #41
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Continued from the previous post....

There’s even a magic carpet in the room!

Even the air-condition unit is part of the décor…

Silhouettes of each Prince are hung on the wall….

The ceiling is bordered with designs of royalty, and even the doorknob is made of gold!

There is a small refrigerator and coffee pot in all rooms.

Between the bedroom area and bath area, there are curtains that can be pulled to divide the room –you can see them in the computer generated photo….

True to form, Disney thinks of every detail ….right down to the faucets!

There isn’t a closet to hang clothes….but no biggie – we had nothing to hang.

The toilet area is small, but still not a deal breaker.

However…..I did miss all the toiletries that the deluxe resorts offer. And yes, I know…it’s petty! But I still missed them….

Click on the link to view video
Royal Room DisBoards Video Room Tour

So, final thoughts on the Royal Room

Negatives (for our family)

* A bit small for our family of 5 – but just fine for a short span of time.

* Since all buildings are separated, the rain could be an issue when traveling from building to building.

* ….and that’s about all the negatives I can come up with

Positives

* Well worth the money!

* Perfect for a weekend getaway!

* Absolutely adorable theming for anyone’s little princess!

* Great location at POR!

* Queen beds are a big plus!

Would we do it again??? Sure! Maybe not a Royal Room simply because it doesn’t have the murphy bed…but we would definitely stay at POR without hesitation. And while the Princess theme wasn’t the boys first choice, they actually thought it was pretty cool and weren’t disappointed at all!!!

Up next....early morning shots at POR!

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7

Last edited by hstrickland; 06-23-2013 at 03:43 PM.
Old 06-23-2013, 03:02 PM   #42
WishIwasFishin
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the welcome.
I'm a man of few words (on the DisBoards)

Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Welcome Bill! Great idea for this birthday trip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Hi Bill
Quote:
Welcome to the DIS (officially, not just lurker mode) Bill! I'm Jeanette one of Heather's nuttier resort changer buddies
Quote:

WELCOME BILL!!!! So happy you could join us!!!!!!!!! Bret agrees with the 'financial backer' title!

Erin
Quote:
Quote:

Welcome, Bill! And what a great idea you had. You scored some big bonus points there. WAY better than an American Girl weekend.
Old 06-23-2013, 03:20 PM   #43
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

All the details are beautiful, but I must say my favorite is that awesome faucet!

How long did you guys stay, one night or two?

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 04:00 PM   #44
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Beautiful room, I think next time we stay at POR we will have to try thevRoyal Rooms! My fav location is Magnolia, but I could live with Oak Manor
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 04:09 PM   #45
dutchdisneyfamily
Mouseketeer

We were just two doors down from you a week ago! I loved it. I have two boys and they loved it too. They didn't think it was too girly at all.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: