Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2013, 09:59 AM   #1
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Arrow A Princess Birthday Surprise at POR w/ Royal Room Included...TRex for Lunch

A Birthday Surprise for our Princess
Port Orleans & the Magic Kingdom

Welcome! Welcome! Welcome!
Let the Magic Begin!

Its time for the Stricklands annual Disney Trip Report to commence!
But be warned...its picture heavy...very heavy. I become a crazed fool when a camera is put in my hands at WDW!

Before I can proceed with our Disney travels, I must give you some background info. It wouldnt be hospitable of me not to introduce our family of 5.

Disney has been in my blood since I was a child. My first Disney resort was the CR. Needless to say, that resort holds a special place in my heart. Just a quick blast from the past...

Wait for it...

Yes - that would be my sister, me (dark hair) and mom dad was getting the picture. This was way back when - when characters roamed the parks, free of character security and meet-n-greets. (There's more of these blast from the past pictures....stay tuned...)

I'm your hostess with the mostess- Heather -taking you on our mini-birthday getaway. I'm the over- planning, Disney obsessed, wife, mother , teacher , chauffer ,..and as my sister says, an all-around Disney Geek.

My husband Bill, is the patient, understanding, closet-Disney fan...and yes, he does love Disney, too. He likes to pretend that it's just okay, but don't let him fool ya!

Our children are following right along in my footsteps. They have been brainwashed I mean exposed to Disney for many years....some say they are Disney obsessed???? Obsessed has such a negative connotation - I prefer to say they have a passion for the World.

Stephen is our oldest and loves Star Wars. His favorite resort is a toss-up. Its either the WL or the Poly.

He was introduced to Disney in 2008 and yes, youre wondering why there are only 3 of the 5 in this picture. The other two were 1 and 2 years old at the time and driving their big brother crazy. We decided to take Stephen on a vacation by himself. Not to worry - the other kiddos were enjoying a lake vacation with our dear friends.

And then there's Faith....Daddy's little princess

She loves all things Disney. Her resort of choice - any Deluxe will do, but "the one with the pretty red roof" is her favorite....aka...the Grand Flo!

And last but not least - there's Jesse . He's definitely the baby of the family....sweet but a bit overactive and at times, tends to wander off ALONE- while at Disney (no worries...we've grown accustomed to his behavior)

In 2009, DH and I enjoyed some kid free time for an anniversary trip at the Grand Floridian.

And then in 2010, it was time to take the ENTIRE family to the Polynesian ....my parents included (which by the way travel with us quite frequently)

Our First Trip Report - Poly CL Deluxe Dining

In 2011

Our 2nd TR - Fort Wilderness & the Contemporary

In 2012, we decided to do a family cruise - my parents and sister's family included. Lots of fun!!!!

Our 3rd TR - Animal Kingdom Lodge & the Disney Dream

And finally - our 2013 mini getaway birthday trip for Faith!

Hope you'll join our family for a fast n furious birthday mini-trip report!

Quick Links to Installments

The Royal Room Review Part 1
The Royal Room Review Part 2
Port Orleans Riverside Review Part 1
Port Orleans Riverside Review Part 2

Random Family Fishing Update
Random Lake Pictures

Day 1
Arriving at POR

Day 2
Early Morning Pictures of POR
Magic Kingdom Rope Drop
Enchanted Tales with Belle
Magic Kingdom Morning
Be Our Guest Lunch Review Part 1
Be Our Guest Lunch Review Part 2
Magic Kingdom Afternoon
Tony's Town Square Dinner Review
Magic Kingdom Night

Day 3
Early Morning POR Pictures
Port Orleans French Quarter & DisMeet Part 1
Port Orleans French Quarter & DisMeet Part 2
POR River Cruise
TRex for Lunch Part 1
TRex for Lunch Part 2

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL

Last edited by hstrickland; 01-12-2014 at 08:43 PM.
hstrickland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:12 AM   #2
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Cute pics!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-19-2013, 11:57 AM   #3
Grumpy's Wife
Dollar Tree gal here
sissy fluffed, sissy fluffed!
I'll have one of what ever the tag fairy is drinking tonight
Chocolate is a girls heaven

I loved reading your other trip reports. Glad you've started another.

Grumpy's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 12:08 PM   #4
WDW2012
Mouseketeer

Coming out of lurkedom to subscribe. I have enjoyed your previous trip reports, especially the photos!

'80/'83/'90 off-site; '93 CBR; '96 ASM; '98 Dolphin; '05 off-site; '09 THV; '10 YC; '12 SSR

WDW2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 01:03 PM   #5
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

I'm in! Looking forward to your TR!

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV
Oct13-BCV - MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek
Sep12-Aulani - Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey
May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
Nov/Dec10-AKV/BWV - Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
May10-OKW - DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
saintstickets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 01:40 PM   #6
pas130
DIS Veteran

WOOHOO a new Heather TR

Can't wait to here all about Faith's (my fellow GF lover) birthday trip
Old 06-19-2013, 01:57 PM   #7
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Cute pics!
Thanks! Photobucket works wonders for sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy's Wife View Post
I loved reading your other trip reports. Glad you've started another.
Howdy once again This is going to be a fast n' furious version since the trip was super short. Maybe I'll be finished by the time our big trip rolls around

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW2012 View Post
Coming out of lurkedom to subscribe. I have enjoyed your previous trip reports, especially the photos!
Thanks & glad you came out of lurkedom You sound like my husband. He's forever telling me new things about Disney...."Did you know....?, Have you heard.....?' Guess where he gets his info? THE DISBOARDS!!! He cracks me up! I call him the DisStalker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintstickets View Post
I'm in! Looking forward to your TR!
and I'm looking forward to yours! Just noticed your Hawaii TR. I haven't read anything about the resort, yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
WOOHOO a new Heather TR

Can't wait to here all about Faith's (my fellow GF lover) birthday trip
Hi there friend! This will be our shortest Disney trip yet! However, fun was had by all

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL
Old 06-19-2013, 05:08 PM   #8
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

I'm here! Marking my spot, must come back.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:10 PM   #9
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Subbing! Can't wait to hear about it.
IheartDDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:36 PM   #10
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Count me in! You had me at 'new TR'!!
Old 06-19-2013, 09:38 PM   #11
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Great intro loving the pictures already! That picture of Faith with Snow White is absolutely precious!!!!

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:35 PM   #12
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Hi Heather! I am in!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
rachel09985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:03 PM   #13
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Talk about leaving us hanging love the old pic of you, your sister and MaHopie!! Look how young she is!!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:05 PM   #14
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Subscribing
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:08 AM   #15
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Ok....because Pam made a comment about a pic , I must share a few more from our past trip ....sorry....just can't help myself. Those of you who don't know me will soon find out that I'm a little over-the-top, obsessed, fanatical.... with the number of pictures I make.

Faith and Jesse's 1st trip to Disney was super special because my parents also went. The entire vacation was just perfect from the resort to the room location to the food....all of it!!! Stayed at the Poly....TPV CL....awesome! I believe on that trip I went from AKL standard view, to Poly GV, to Poly TPV to Poly CL GV and finally Poly CL TPV....did you catch all of that??? In 2010 they offered 40% off room discount, so I grabbed it! Haven't seen that kind of general code since then

Anyway....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
I'm here! Marking my spot, must come back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Great intro loving the pictures already! That picture of Faith with Snow White is absolutely precious!!!!
That was her first trip to Disney. When she was getting her make-over at BBB, Bill and I were practically crying because it was so sweet. At 4 years old, she totally believed that everything was real.

The boys and my dad (as some of you know, he loves Disney as much as the kids) did the Pirates League.....it was a really special day for them.

...and to make the day even better, we had lunch at Cinderella Castle! I'm tellin' ya....a perfect day!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Subbing! Can't wait to hear about it.
Glad to have you tag along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Count me in! You had me at 'new TR'!!
Funny, Jenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
Hi Heather! I am in!
Hope you enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Talk about leaving us hanging love the old pic of you, your sister and MaHopie!! Look how young she is!!
Can you believe this TR finally got moving?! It will definitely be finished before the summer is over....remember, it was fast n' furious Not one of our 9 or 10 day trips.....more to come I promise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Subscribing
Oh ye of little patience....all good things come to those who wait Tape it to your computer screen!

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: