Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2013, 03:50 PM   #91
Aliceacc
We had a wonderful time, but did have our moments!

Pretty much down to my hips on one side, but nice and perky on the other

Can I add a very interesting PS to the whole message board conversation?

In the past hour, I've received a number of messages from people at the teache message boards I used to frequent.

Apparently, someone posted, anonymously of course, that I had died.

I haven't posted there since early November, just after Hurricane Sandy. But apparently someone there is still interested enough to kill me off, at least in cyberspace.

And that person is apparently a teacher, or a wannabe teacher.

Scary indeed.

numerous trips in college and one together in 1990 August 2008 and August 2009: Polynesian. August 2012: Beach Club Yacht Club in 2014!!
(Thanks, Disney Destinations, for your past generosity. And to the Beach Club staff for all their assistance in our 2012 medical crisis.)
Aliceacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 03:53 PM   #92
NHdisneylover
Lanyards are taking all my poor organizatioanl skills
mice and such creatures tend to like to travel aorund

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliceacc View Post

In the past hour, I've received a number of messages from people at the teache message boards I used to frequent.

I haven't posted there since early November, just after Hurricane Sandy. But apparently someone there is still interested enough to kill me off, at least in cyberspace.

Scary indeed.
Or, they impersonate a teacher on the internet

I guess you could take it as a bit of a compliment that they thought killing you off would garner them attention

My blog about my wanderings and ramblings in Europe, Disney and where ever else life takes me:

http://hadleyswanderingsandramblings.blogspot.de/
NHdisneylover is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-20-2013, 06:33 PM   #93
Aliceacc

A quick message to my stalker, aka "Goodbye" (who quoted from this thread on the other site):

Please get help. Find someone who can help with your anger issues. I've done nothing to you; there was no reason to worry my friends by starting a rumor that I had died. It was a mean thing to do to a lot of people. Find a competant therapist, who can help you find a more healthy outlet for your issues. No one should ever be as unhappy as you apparently are.

My sincere apologies for the hijack.

numerous trips in college and one together in 1990 August 2008 and August 2009: Polynesian. August 2012: Beach Club Yacht Club in 2014!!
(Thanks, Disney Destinations, for your past generosity. And to the Beach Club staff for all their assistance in our 2012 medical crisis.)

Last edited by Aliceacc; 06-20-2013 at 06:55 PM.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:35 PM   #94
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnM View Post
There was a debate board?????

Oh man, that could entertain my entire day!
That would have been fun to read

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julylady View Post
I know people like this in real life, too. (My sisinlaw, for one), They ask for your opinion, but really just want you to agree with them. When you don't, they get upset. However, this board in particular has taken it to an art form. Some one posts a "question." They get all types of responses. The OP is given advice that is contrary to what the poster wants to do. She perceives this as criticism and her feelings get hurt. She lashes back on the thread which escalates the cycle. Others state the contrary position more forcefully and things go downhill.

The sad thing is that there is often really good advice being given out, but since it doesn't parallel what the poster wants to believe, they react negatively.

My advice is not to post unless you REALLY want to hear what others think. If someone disagrees with you, stop posting and think about what's being said objectively.
Your SIL and one of mine must be related

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
Maybe we just need a special board on here....could be called "The Total Agreement Board". The responder would have to choose his/her answer from the following list:

1. Me, too!
2. That happened to me, too!
3. I totally agree with you!
4. My husband/wife/child/mother-in-law does the same thing!
5. That's the one I bought!
6. I didn't buy that one, but I wish I had!
7. I would have handled it the same way!
8. Yes, what (fill in the blank) did was tacky!
9. No, what you did wasn't at all tacky!
10. You are absolutely right!
11. You did the right thing!
12. Generic smiley face and/or thumbs up symbol.

Extra !!!'s are optional.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

Scary indeed.
On the bright side maybe all of your debts might be cancelled as you've "died". Or at the least, you'll get some nice flowers for your house
Old 06-20-2013, 08:51 PM   #95
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanshark View Post
I loved the debate board. Nothing like a 5 year old refillable mug in a nonsmoking dvc room meant for 5 while smoking on the balcony, eating peanuts and using your crockpot thread to bring out the best in people. If you added towel animals, saving spots for the parade, lying about your 8 year olds age to get a 3 year old ticket and pool hopping you would have entertainment for a week. I won't even go to nursing in public or canned corn in the parks. This is very calm in comparision.

Oh well said!!!
australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 09:12 PM   #96
Cantw8
This is blasphemy. You all need to zip it now
..I'm scared..hold me...
You can run..
I think her signiture makes her butt look big
I do have a life ya know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planogirl View Post
Unless you join a small private forum I think that you'll find rude people everywhere. If you look closely though you'll see that most people are nice or at the very least might just have a weird sense of humor. Those actual rude people just stand out way too much.

I would like to apply for the job of "weird sense of humor" I feel I am more than qualified
Old 06-20-2013, 09:45 PM   #97
Gumbo4x4
Note to the ladies who forgot to check - we don't mind. Signed, "The guys"

Quote:

I'm so sorry to hear this. R.I.P. We'll miss you
Old 06-21-2013, 04:41 AM   #98
Aliceacc

Thanks. I'll miss me too!

Old 06-21-2013, 05:03 AM   #99
lizzi6692
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkshel View Post

This is so true. Sometimes I wonder if there is even mods on here. It seems like they are not very consistent in their weeding out the posts that break the rules.
And then sometimes they decide to choose 1 or 2 people to punish when a thread gets out of control rather than just shutting it down. I had a run in with a mod about a week ago who went on a power trip after I disagreed with their moderating decision because I posted in a thread that I was unhappy, after getting a pm I couldn't respond to without any sort of contact information in it. I think the "no arguing with moderators" rule is ridiculous. And don't be surprised if the mods find this thread and people that posted negatively about them end up with points.

Previous Trips:
September 2010: Caribbean Beach
May 2011: Coronado Springs
December 2011: Pop Century
Next Trip:
December 2013: Port Orleans French Quarter Pre-Trip Report
lizzi6692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 05:11 AM   #100
PizzieDuster
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty Belle View Post
Exactly. I think people can be rude on here sometimes, sure. And I know you mean well, but you say you haven't been a member long and I also think its rude to go to an established place and then try and tell long standing members how to behave.

If a moderator thinks someone is being overly rude, they will let them know. Maybe if you continue to come here and post, one day you can be a moderator.
I agree. Sometimes newbies don't read the FAQ section.

Don't like it. Don't like the mods. Start your own message board.

And PLEASE post the link here I'll totally watch, I mean join!!!!
Royal Carribean - Explorer of the Seas 4/16/06
Royal Carribean - Freedom of the Seas 4/8/07
Returning to the Magic - 6/29/08 - West Coast
Liberty of the Seas - 4/09
Disney Wonder Mother/DD12 Cruise to Nowhere 1/21/11
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 1/29/12 Mother/DD13 Cruise (taking Grandma and Nephew DN5 along)
Disney Wonder - 1/24/14 5 Night Wonder {gift}
Disney Fantasy - 3/29/14 Western

Last edited by PizzieDuster; 06-21-2013 at 05:31 AM.
PizzieDuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 05:21 AM   #101
PizzieDuster
DIS Veteran

Quote:
A quick message to my stalker, aka "Goodbye" (who quoted from this thread on the other site):

Please get help. Find someone who can help with your anger issues. I've done nothing to you; there was no reason to worry my friends by starting a rumor that I had died. It was a mean thing to do to a lot of people. Find a competant therapist, who can help you find a more healthy outlet for your issues. No one should ever be as unhappy as you apparently are.

My sincere apologies for the hijack.
WHAT? Alice (RIP), one time I saw something like this happen here and the person posted the PM for all to see. Yikes. But I'm sure it stopped the person from sending mean PMs
Royal Carribean - Explorer of the Seas 4/16/06
Royal Carribean - Freedom of the Seas 4/8/07
Returning to the Magic - 6/29/08 - West Coast
Liberty of the Seas - 4/09
Disney Wonder Mother/DD12 Cruise to Nowhere 1/21/11
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 1/29/12 Mother/DD13 Cruise (taking Grandma and Nephew DN5 along)
Disney Wonder - 1/24/14 5 Night Wonder {gift}
Disney Fantasy - 3/29/14 Western

Last edited by PizzieDuster; 06-21-2013 at 05:27 AM.
PizzieDuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:24 AM   #102
clarkshel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzi6692 View Post

And then sometimes they decide to choose 1 or 2 people to punish when a thread gets out of control rather than just shutting it down. I had a run in with a mod about a week ago who went on a power trip after I disagreed with their moderating decision because I posted in a thread that I was unhappy, after getting a pm I couldn't respond to without any sort of contact information in it. I think the "no arguing with moderators" rule is ridiculous. And don't be surprised if the mods find this thread and people that posted negatively about them end up with points.
Lol. This is exactly what happened to me. I also tried to respond to their message to me, by was unable to. They don't make it easy to contact the to try and defend yourself. I got a 3 day suspension for a post that was not even bad. There where a lot worst comments on the thread I got banned over. I tried to contact the mod who banned me for an explanation, but was unable to do so. :rolleyes.
clarkshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:34 AM   #103
Bob NC
DIS Veteran
I am a trained professional
$7.61
Wilma Flintstone can vacuum my floors with a baby elephant anyday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkshel View Post
Lol. This is exactly what happened to me. I also tried to respond to their message to me, by was unable to. They don't make it easy to contact the to try and defend yourself. I got a 3 day suspension for a post that was not even bad. There where a lot worst comments on the thread I got banned over. I tried to contact the mod who banned me for an explanation, but was unable to do so. :rolleyes.
There are many long time posters here with over 10 or 20,000 posts that have it down to a science on how to be right on the edge as far as the rules go.

You see people with over 20,000 posts who are the most passive/aggressive posters ever, they insult virtually everyone but they have the method worked out to where they haven't 'technically' violated the TOS.

These are also the same posters who will report you for the slightest reason.
Bob NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:37 PM   #104
clarkshel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob NC View Post

There are many long time posters here with over 10 or 20,000 posts that have it down to a science on how to be right on the edge as far as the rules go.

You see people with over 20,000 posts who are the most passive/aggressive posters ever, they insult virtually everyone but they have the method worked out to where they haven't 'technically' violated the TOS.

These are also the same posters who will report you for the slightest reason.
Lol, I've noticed this too. It is ridiculous.
clarkshel is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: