Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-20-2013, 02:45 PM   #136
NHdisneylover
Lanyards are taking all my poor organizatioanl skills
mice and such creatures tend to like to travel aorund
 
NHdisneylover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Heidelberg, Germany (formally from New Hampshire)
Posts: 14,200

Yes, I also thought the "everything is fine now" post seemed really odd--especially given that they supposedly talked before and did not communicate well.
__________________
Hadley

My blog about my wanderings and ramblings in Europe, Disney and where ever else life takes me:

http://hadleyswanderingsandramblings.blogspot.de/
NHdisneylover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 03:19 PM   #137
luvmylittleboy2003
DIS Veteran
 
luvmylittleboy2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: To far from the mouse!!
Posts: 1,953

Why is it so hard to believe?? I came here and asked for advise...I sorted through the beneficial posts and ignored the hateful/mean/judgmental ones!! I don't have all the answers in life, I'm not perfect!! I came hear to get different viewpoints, not to have my life or my parenting skills judged and critiqued. There is much more to my life than what I post here. It's not as black and white as a few of y'all have made it, and yes...even though I'm in my 40s.. I'm still trying to figure things out (due to situations I've never disclosed on here) and sometimes it's nice to have other people give their opinions in constructive ways!! I'm sorry I did and I won't be back!
However, I do want to say thank you to the ones who truly didn't past judgement, that offered advice and understood we all aren't perfect and have perfect lives!! I did as many of you said, and had a heart-to-heart with my bf, I didn't disclose all the details, didn't feel it was needed for it to be believable!! Contrary to how others feel on here, I feel very good about it and the step WE are taking in the right direction! I didn't say it was perfect or fixed...
Feel free to 'flame away' to those that find it necessary....
__________________
Dm: Ds: :
Off site April 1993 Off site March 1998 FW Cabins Nov. 2007 CBR Pref. location - Oct. 2008 CSR Waterview April 2010
luvmylittleboy2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-20-2013, 04:10 PM   #138
ChristyF
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 9

I'm sorry to hijack the thread. Alice, I'm trying to get in touch with you and don't have enough posts to message you. If you see this, will you message me? Thanks!
ChristyF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliceacc View Post
Way, WAY more than "a little" in my book.


And, if my math is correct, that marriage of 2 years was not to the dad of that 8/9 year old. The one with Aspergers, which makes forming relationships hard. So in his short life, this poor child has seen the "loss"-- in whatever terms it might be-- of both his birth dad and his step dad of roughly 3 years. Now, after a 6 month relationship, his mom has moved him in with yet another father figure (or whatever your choose to call it), but without the benefit of any sort of committment.

That poor child.
ChristyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 04:12 PM   #139
Buckalew11
2013 1/2 Marathon Finisher!!! Woohoo!!
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: East Tn
Posts: 15,731

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyF View Post
I'm sorry to hijack the thread. Alice, I'm trying to get in touch with you and don't have enough posts to message you. If you see this, will you message me? Thanks!
ChristyF
ChristyF, I sent her a PM with a link to your thread to her. Good luck!
__________________
Brenda: DISing since 2/2000


There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Shining at the end of everyday
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
And tomorrow is just a dream away
Buckalew11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 04:31 PM   #140
lillygator

Mom of two Princesses!
Grew up wanting to be a can can girl
let's just say my whoop whoop's woke the sleeping giant!
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: The World's Best Sand ~ Siesta Key, FL
Posts: 32,142

interesting update!
__________________
V's Bad Girl Guide to Partying Through Panama!
Join my 2006 trip and planning adventures ~ Bad Girl style!
Yo ho, yo ho A Pirate's Life for V ~ Comandeering the Disney Magic 12/9-12/16
Hide the rum, the 2007 Bad Girl Adventures have begun!
'04 ~ Pop, AKL, ASMo, WL & Wonder Cruise!
'05 ~ ASMo, CBR, CSR, ASMu, Pop, Poly & Eastern Cruise!
'06 ~ POR, ASSports, ASMusic x 2, AKL, BWI, POP & Double Dip Cruise!
'07 ~ CBR, ASMo, BCV x 2, OKW, Orlando Breeze, POP!!
'08 ~ Offsite Knight's Inn YUCK! ~ Stealing the Magic ~ May Repo! Candy Cane Inn!
'09 ~ May DCL Western~Key Lime Pirates!
lillygator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 05:00 PM   #141
FireDancer
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 13,282

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmylittleboy2003 View Post
Why is it so hard to believe?? I came here and asked for advise...I sorted through the beneficial posts and ignored the hateful/mean/judgmental ones!! I don't have all the answers in life, I'm not perfect!! I came hear to get different viewpoints, not to have my life or my parenting skills judged and critiqued. There is much more to my life than what I post here. It's not as black and white as a few of y'all have made it, and yes...even though I'm in my 40s.. I'm still trying to figure things out (due to situations I've never disclosed on here) and sometimes it's nice to have other people give their opinions in constructive ways!! I'm sorry I did and I won't be back!
However, I do want to say thank you to the ones who truly didn't past judgement, that offered advice and understood we all aren't perfect and have perfect lives!! I did as many of you said, and had a heart-to-heart with my bf, I didn't disclose all the details, didn't feel it was needed for it to be believable!! Contrary to how others feel on here, I feel very good about it and the step WE are taking in the right direction! I didn't say it was perfect or fixed...
Feel free to 'flame away' to those that find it necessary....
I find the definition of perfect a bit skewed here on the Dis. There is a pretty big gulf between jumping from man to man with a child in tow and perfection. Somewhere in that gulf is normal for example.

Sorry OP, but from what has been posted by Hadley it seems like you are one of those people who just has to be in a serious relationship (like married or on the road to marriage) and can't be alone and it is unfortunate that you are dragging your son along for the ride.

Best of luck to you on your future endeavors.
FireDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 05:48 PM   #142
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't
 
goofyintoronto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toronto Canada
Posts: 9,366

Once again, I couldnt agree more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDancer

I find the definition of perfect a bit skewed here on the Dis. There is a pretty big gulf between jumping from man to man with a child in tow and perfection. Somewhere in that gulf is normal for example.

Sorry OP, but from what has been posted by Hadley it seems like you are one of those people who just has to be in a serious relationship (like married or on the road to marriage) and can't be alone and it is unfortunate that you are dragging your son along for the ride.

Best of luck to you on your future endeavors.
__________________





........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........







AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW





I've been BOO'ED by Forum Jumper!!!
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:18 PM   #143
wdwmom3
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 240

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmylittleboy2003

It's just a personel choice for myself and my son, that's why I asked him from the beginning. I would have never kept dating him if he had answered NO! I'm not in a hurry, but also don't want to invest several years into a relationship if we aren't on the same page.
In my opinion if marriage was that much of a deal breaker for you then i would not have moved in together until you were at least engaged. But you did so now all you can do is have an honest discussion. You have to decide what you will do if he says he doesn't want to get married again. Guess you need to decide what is more important to you, the person or the paper. If you choose the paper well I don't think he's the one anyways.
wdwmom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:35 PM   #144
wdwmom3
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 240

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmylittleboy2003
Why is it so hard to believe?? I came here and asked for advise...I sorted through the beneficial posts and ignored the hateful/mean/judgmental ones!! I don't have all the answers in life, I'm not perfect!! I came hear to get different viewpoints, not to have my life or my parenting skills judged and critiqued. There is much more to my life than what I post here. It's not as black and white as a few of y'all have made it, and yes...even though I'm in my 40s.. I'm still trying to figure things out (due to situations I've never disclosed on here) and sometimes it's nice to have other people give their opinions in constructive ways!! I'm sorry I did and I won't be back!
However, I do want to say thank you to the ones who truly didn't past judgement, that offered advice and understood we all aren't perfect and have perfect lives!! I did as many of you said, and had a heart-to-heart with my bf, I didn't disclose all the details, didn't feel it was needed for it to be believable!! Contrary to how others feel on here, I feel very good about it and the step WE are taking in the right direction! I didn't say it was perfect or fixed...
Feel free to 'flame away' to those that find it necessary....
Ok just read all the recent stuff. I'm sorry but it seems like you have some "need" to be in a relationship. Stop jumping from man to man and work on yourself. You need to be comfortable with yourself before you can be comfortable with anyone else. Sorry but your bf Beijing g hesitant about marriage is the smart one here.
wdwmom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:59 PM   #145
ilovemk76
DIS Veteran
 
ilovemk76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,427

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmylittleboy2003 View Post
Why is it so hard to believe?? I came here and asked for advise...I sorted through the beneficial posts and ignored the hateful/mean/judgmental ones!! I don't have all the answers in life, I'm not perfect!! I came hear to get different viewpoints, not to have my life or my parenting skills judged and critiqued. There is much more to my life than what I post here. It's not as black and white as a few of y'all have made it, and yes...even though I'm in my 40s.. I'm still trying to figure things out (due to situations I've never disclosed on here) and sometimes it's nice to have other people give their opinions in constructive ways!! I'm sorry I did and I won't be back!
However, I do want to say thank you to the ones who truly didn't past judgement, that offered advice and understood we all aren't perfect and have perfect lives!! I did as many of you said, and had a heart-to-heart with my bf, I didn't disclose all the details, didn't feel it was needed for it to be believable!! Contrary to how others feel on here, I feel very good about it and the step WE are taking in the right direction! I didn't say it was perfect or fixed...
Feel free to 'flame away' to those that find it necessary....

You want to be a SAHM to a boy whose father you do not live with. As a result, you find guys to marry or live with that will pay 90%+ of the bills so you can be that SAHM to your son. As soon as they want some say in how you do thing just for your son and not their children, you bolt to the next guy.

How can you live on child support when you only spent $500 on groceries and could not pay for much more, even a trip to Disney for four people with free airfare? The answer is you can't and that is why you moved in to another man's home less than a year after you were still married to another man.

If a guy did this, he would be getting ripped apart, and rightfully so!
ilovemk76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:08 PM   #146
wdwmom3
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 240

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemk76

You want to be a SAHM to a boy whose father you do not live with. As a result, you find guys to marry or live with that will pay 90%+ of the bills so you can be that SAHM to your son. As soon as they want some say in how you do thing just for your son and not their children, you bolt to the next guy.

How can you live on child support when you only spent $500 on groceries and could not pay for much more, even a trip to Disney for four people with free airfare? The answer is you can't and that is why you moved in to another man's home less than a year after you were still married to another man.

If a guy did this, he would be getting ripped apart, and rightfully so!
I have to say I agree. And I have been a single mom of 3 kids receiving no support (now with an amazing man. Yay!!!). I always found a way to pay my own bills including taking my kids to WDW. The op needs to get some respect and start taking care of herself.
wdwmom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 09:06 AM   #147
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't
 
goofyintoronto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toronto Canada
Posts: 9,366

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwmom3 View Post
I have to say I agree. And I have been a single mom of 3 kids receiving no support (now with an amazing man. Yay!!!). I always found a way to pay my own bills including taking my kids to WDW. The op needs to get some respect and start taking care of herself.
I think this should definitely be the first priority....taking care of herself and maybe not obsess/concentrate so much on men and marriage.
__________________





........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........







AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW





I've been BOO'ED by Forum Jumper!!!
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 01:43 PM   #148
timmac
DIS Veteran
 
timmac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,869

I can only speak for myself, of course, but I don't think anybody said the resolution was "hard to believe". In fact, I'm pretty sure the only word used was "odd". I know for me, it seemed like a connect-the-dots puzzle that jumped from #9 to #32 without any of the intermediate lines drawn. Kind of like telling a story: "So, we were on a plane, but then the engine started making funny noise, and the plane was shaking funny. Then we all lived happily ever after." That's what I found odd, it seemed like a non-sequitir; doesn't necessarily mean it's inaccurate or not truthful, just there is no prima facie path from point A to point B in this case.

Now, I realize that nobody is under any obligation whatsoever to tell us any details if they do not so desire. That said, however, when one starts a thread looking for ideas/advice/etc it is something of an unwritten courtesy to at least follow through to the conclusion with those who have posted and invested their own time and feelings into the situation. Not that this always happens, or even happens most of the time, but it's sure nice when it does.

With all of that said, we only know what we know based upon what we've been told. Apart from the "odd" response, we have now seen a follow-on of "why is that so hard to believe?". It reads, to me, not unlike when one of my kids tells me something and their first statement after is "Really, I'm not lying!" I can't say for sure what is the truth in this situation, nor do I have any real skin in the game either way. For that matter, I am not even looking to pass any kind of a value judgment about the OP's situation.

We all have the freedom to tell as much or as little as we want about a situation. But, know that exactly what information you choose to reveal or not to reveal is pretty much all anyone else here has to evaluate. The person who says "I once killed a bunch of people" is likely to be viewed very differently than the one who says "I once killed a bunch of people... I had been drafted for the Vietnam war", even if they're actually the same person.
timmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 02:26 PM   #149
moon
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,718

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmac View Post

Now, I realize that nobody is under any obligation whatsoever to tell us any details if they do not so desire. That said, however, when one starts a thread looking for ideas/advice/etc it is something of an unwritten courtesy to at least follow through to the conclusion with those who have posted and invested their own time and feelings into the situation.
I wish! That's the most annoying thing here on the Dis. Hardly anyone post the resolution to their posts!

Quote:
Not that this always happens, or even happens most of the time, but it's sure nice when it does.
It sure is!
moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 02:28 PM   #150
NHdisneylover
Lanyards are taking all my poor organizatioanl skills
mice and such creatures tend to like to travel aorund
 
NHdisneylover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Heidelberg, Germany (formally from New Hampshire)
Posts: 14,200

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmac View Post
I can only speak for myself, of course, but I don't think anybody said the resolution was "hard to believe". In fact, I'm pretty sure the only word used was "odd". I know for me, it seemed like a connect-the-dots puzzle that jumped from #9 to #32 without any of the intermediate lines drawn. Kind of like telling a story: "So, we were on a plane, but then the engine started making funny noise, and the plane was shaking funny. Then we all lived happily ever after." That's what I found odd, it seemed like a non-sequitir; doesn't necessarily mean it's inaccurate or not truthful, just there is no prima facie path from point A to point B in this case.

Now, I realize that nobody is under any obligation whatsoever to tell us any details if they do not so desire. That said, however, when one starts a thread looking for ideas/advice/etc it is something of an unwritten courtesy to at least follow through to the conclusion with those who have posted and invested their own time and feelings into the situation. Not that this always happens, or even happens most of the time, but it's sure nice when it does.

With all of that said, we only know what we know based upon what we've been told. Apart from the "odd" response, we have now seen a follow-on of "why is that so hard to believe?". It reads, to me, not unlike when one of my kids tells me something and their first statement after is "Really, I'm not lying!" I can't say for sure what is the truth in this situation, nor do I have any real skin in the game either way. For that matter, I am not even looking to pass any kind of a value judgment about the OP's situation.

We all have the freedom to tell as much or as little as we want about a situation. But, know that exactly what information you choose to reveal or not to reveal is pretty much all anyone else here has to evaluate. The person who says "I once killed a bunch of people" is likely to be viewed very differently than the one who says "I once killed a bunch of people... I had been drafted for the Vietnam war", even if they're actually the same person.
This.
__________________
Hadley

My blog about my wanderings and ramblings in Europe, Disney and where ever else life takes me:

http://hadleyswanderingsandramblings.blogspot.de/
NHdisneylover is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.