Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-21-2013, 12:34 PM   #1
MinnieLovesMickey12
DIS Veteran
 
MinnieLovesMickey12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Way down South near the banks of the mighty Mississippi River.
Posts: 2,098

Can anyone recommend a certain brand of

Ipod touch speakers/dock? I am looking for (I need 2) some type of external speakers so that my kids can play their Ipod touch music a little louder than what the speakers on the actual Ipod touch play. I am not really looking for anything too pricey right now like the $100 Apple docks but maybe another brand you have tried that turned out to be good. I am wanting to buy them some now and not wait for XMas to get the more pricey ones.

I have looked at some different ones on Amazon but keep getting ones with a lot of bad reviews. Either the speakers aren't very loud or they are staticky or quit working after a few months. I can't find one that has a ton of good reviews that isn't expensive.

I don't really need an alarm clock type dock, just a speaker of some sort.

I saw an IHome speaker that looks like a little accordion you can close it or open it and it is only $18 but I watched a review video of it and can't really tell if it is loud or not. I don't need party in the living room loud. Just something that is louder than what already comes out of the Ipod now.

Anybody have any recommendations? TIA!

(Also these are Ipod touch 4th generation- not the newest- these are from last year)
__________________
10/27-11/6/11 All Star Music Family Suite (QSDP) --Family trip 1/26-2/1/12 Quality Suites Lake Buena Vista --Adults Only trip
4/16-4/21/12 Rosen Inn --Adults Only Trip 10/27-11/4/12 All Star Music Family Suite (DDP) --Family Trip
4/14-4/19/13 Quality Suites Lake Buena Vista -- Adults Only Trip 11/10-11/16/13 Wyndham Bonnet Creek -- Adults Only Trip
12/7-12/13/14 Wyndham Bonnet Creek-- Adults Only trip 10/31-11/10/15 Wyndham Bonnet Creek -- Family Trip
MinnieLovesMickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 01:39 PM   #2
Elleshoodat
DIS Veteran
 
Elleshoodat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: SW FL
Posts: 962

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieLovesMickey12 View Post
Ipod touch speakers/dock? I am looking for (I need 2) some type of external speakers so that my kids can play their Ipod touch music a little louder than what the speakers on the actual Ipod touch play. I am not really looking for anything too pricey right now like the $100 Apple docks but maybe another brand you have tried that turned out to be good. I am wanting to buy them some now and not wait for XMas to get the more pricey ones.

I have looked at some different ones on Amazon but keep getting ones with a lot of bad reviews. Either the speakers aren't very loud or they are staticky or quit working after a few months. I can't find one that has a ton of good reviews that isn't expensive.

I don't really need an alarm clock type dock, just a speaker of some sort.

I saw an IHome speaker that looks like a little accordion you can close it or open it and it is only $18 but I watched a review video of it and can't really tell if it is loud or not. I don't need party in the living room loud. Just something that is louder than what already comes out of the Ipod now.

Anybody have any recommendations? TIA!

(Also these are Ipod touch 4th generation- not the newest- these are from last year)
We have this external speaker and use it often: in the house, at the beach, you name it. The sound quality is really good, and obviously it's super portable.
__________________
Elleshoodat * DH * DS * DS

Thanksgiving 1988, Offsite * June 1991, Beach Club * Easter 1995, Dixie Landings * June 1999, All-Star Movies * Easter 2005, Offsite * September 2007, Caribbean Beach * October 2008, Lake Buena Vista Best Western * May 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * October 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * April 2010, Port Orleans French Quarter * May 2012, Port Orleans French Quarter (Read our trip report here!) * October 2013, Wilderness Lodge
Elleshoodat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-21-2013, 02:14 PM   #3
MinnieLovesMickey12
DIS Veteran
 
MinnieLovesMickey12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Way down South near the banks of the mighty Mississippi River.
Posts: 2,098

That is the one I found on Amazon for $18. I couldn't tell if it was loud enough/louder than what already comes out of the Ipod to begin with.
__________________
10/27-11/6/11 All Star Music Family Suite (QSDP) --Family trip 1/26-2/1/12 Quality Suites Lake Buena Vista --Adults Only trip
4/16-4/21/12 Rosen Inn --Adults Only Trip 10/27-11/4/12 All Star Music Family Suite (DDP) --Family Trip
4/14-4/19/13 Quality Suites Lake Buena Vista -- Adults Only Trip 11/10-11/16/13 Wyndham Bonnet Creek -- Adults Only Trip
12/7-12/13/14 Wyndham Bonnet Creek-- Adults Only trip 10/31-11/10/15 Wyndham Bonnet Creek -- Family Trip
MinnieLovesMickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 03:51 PM   #4
Elleshoodat
DIS Veteran
 
Elleshoodat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: SW FL
Posts: 962

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieLovesMickey12 View Post
That is the one I found on Amazon for $18. I couldn't tell if it was loud enough/louder than what already comes out of the Ipod to begin with.
Yes, it's definitely louder than what naturally comes out of the iPod.
__________________
Elleshoodat * DH * DS * DS

Thanksgiving 1988, Offsite * June 1991, Beach Club * Easter 1995, Dixie Landings * June 1999, All-Star Movies * Easter 2005, Offsite * September 2007, Caribbean Beach * October 2008, Lake Buena Vista Best Western * May 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * October 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * April 2010, Port Orleans French Quarter * May 2012, Port Orleans French Quarter (Read our trip report here!) * October 2013, Wilderness Lodge
Elleshoodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 03:55 PM   #5
wiigirl
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 15,974

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elleshoodat View Post
We have this external speaker and use it often: in the house, at the beach, you name it. The sound quality is really good, and obviously it's super portable.
I have that one too!
__________________
For the love of Disney...
wiigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:01 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.