Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2013, 04:08 PM   #31
Cindy's Mom
DIS Veteran

I have a Coach body cross over. When I don't wear it over the body, I unhook and tighten the strap and wear it around my waist. Works like a charm.

2013 - GF CL (June)
2012 - Off Site
2012 - On and Off Site
2011 - Coronado Springs
2010 - Easter Week: ASMo
2009 - WL
2008 - Yacht Club
2007 - WL (summer)
2007 - CBR (spring)
2006 - POP
2005 - POR
2004 - Nick Hotel

Cindy's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 04:59 PM   #32
SPOERLX3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy's Mom View Post
I have a Coach body cross over. When I don't wear it over the body, I unhook and tighten the strap and wear it around my waist. Works like a charm.
That is awesome! that would be the answer for everyone on the board
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-19-2013, 05:49 PM   #33
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

We were there in April and I used my fanny pack, a back sack, and a crossbody bag -- not all at the same time, of course. On the days when I needed to tote the rainwear, I used the back sack and it was wonderful. I switched back and forth between the crossbody and fanny pack -- both get uncomfortable after a while. Sometimes I just slung the fanny pack over my shoulder too. And for pictures, I just hid things behind me.
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 06:06 PM   #34
babydoll65
please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas

This is a cute thread. For all the years I've gone to disney, I've always brought my fanny bag. But when I went with my sister in 2011 she couldn't believe I was still using one. She also had a Vera Bradley crossover. So this year I've decided to buy a light crossover bag from LeSport it's accutally very comfortable. After I got it I saw that they sell a disney one with the characters from its a small world.

77,79,88 OS-89,92 FW-96 ASMo-05,07,09,11 POP-13 POFQ/POR-2015 POP

Dad-Mom-Son
babydoll65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:37 PM   #35
tarak
DIS Veteran

According to friends of mine in Australia, fanny pack is a term for a sanitary napkin. You can probably guess what fanny means.

I've never found them to be comfortable. I have a small backpack that I use for the parks. I don't find it to be particularly comfortable, either. After so many hours, I think carrying anything isn't fun. I might try a cross-body and see how that goes.
tarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:41 PM   #36
brertoad
DIS Veteran

I just ordered a men's cross the shoulder bag from eBags.com, so my DH can help carry our stuff when we are in the parks.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:03 PM   #37
kirby428
Mousejunkie Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarak View Post
According to friends of mine in Australia, fanny pack is a term for a sanitary napkin. You can probably guess what fanny means.

I've never found them to be comfortable. I have a small backpack that I use for the parks. I don't find it to be particularly comfortable, either. After so many hours, I think carrying anything isn't fun. I might try a cross-body and see how that goes.
I always called them hip sacks and positioned my in front so I could swing arms freely while walking. Dislike bulging trouser pockets as well. Now I use an iPad and carry it in a Targus cross body bag. It can be suspended in front or in back or at the side. There is room for my pet gila monster and stereo glasses and my Kodak Instamatic with flash cubes.

kirby428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 09:38 AM   #38
Belleandtinker
DIS Veteran

The Fashion Police have so many other "uncool" items to report - fanny packs might not even make the list.

My DH has been wearing a fanny pack on Disney vacations since our first trip. It's like a mini purse. Not not being too huge, it carries our camera, video recorder, tickets, money, pennies, etc.

FYI - He only wears it when we are at Disney.

The last fanny pack we bought was from Target. When we went to sporting good stores they were too big for us.

Try it, you migh like it!
June 1982 – WDW Treehouse Villas; March 1988 – WDW Off-Site; September 1992 – WDW Disney Institute and Off-Site; April 1997 – WDW Port Orleans French Quarter; April 2002 – DL Off-Site; April 2003 – WDW Animal Kingdom Lodge; April 2004 – DL Paradise Pier; April 2005 – DLP Off-Site; April 2008 – WDW Port Orleans French Quarter; January 2009 – WDW Caribbean Beach Resort; April 2010 – WDW Animal Kingdom Lodge/Port Orleans French Quarter; May 2011 - WDW Coronado Springs/Port Orleans French Quarter; May 2012 - WDW Coronado Springs/Caribbean Beach Resort; October 2012 - WDW All Star Movie; March 2013 - DL Grand Califorian; October 2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter; May 2015 - ?

Belleandtinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 10:38 AM   #39
Batgirl67
Mouseketeer

My DB brings out the fanny pack for all our family vacations. I can't tease him since he pulls it off. Me, with an ample waist, doesn't pull it off well, so I generally use a cross-body or small backpack.
Batgirl67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 10:06 AM   #40
Paranurse
Earning My Ears

I use a photographers vest. Each child is assigned a pocket. Granted, this is best used during the cooler months but then again, that is the only time we travel to WDW.
Old 06-22-2013, 12:26 PM   #41
fla4fun
DIS Veteran

I used to, but when they started doing bag checks, I decided I would prefer to go bag free. So I bought some cargo pants so I can have my wallet, iPod, and a few hand wash towelettes on me, and I don't carry anything else.

If it's going to be a really rainy day, I have a crossbody bag that my nylon poncho fits in that I will wear, but that's pretty rare. I'd rather just duck inside while it rains and then keep going.

I remember when they used to give you one free if you booked using an AMEX card (the "white glove" treatment). I still have a few of those lying around in the basement.
fla4fun is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: