Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2013, 02:54 PM   #1
carolinakk
Mouseketeer

Grand Floridian DVC Villas

So we aren't dvc members but have stayed at BLT and VWL the past several years. I'm now drooling over some photos I've seen of the GF villas!

So is it going to be pretty impossible to book not being a dvc member?! I'm hoping to travel between thanksgiving and Christmas 2014.

I really shouldn't have looked at those photos..:-/
carolinakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 02:58 PM   #2
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinakk View Post
So we aren't dvc members but have stayed at BLT and VWL the past several years. I'm now drooling over some photos I've seen of the GF villas!

So is it going to be pretty impossible to book not being a dvc member?! I'm hoping to travel between thanksgiving and Christmas 2014.

I agree, the GFVs look beautiful. I'm sure there will be units available for cash reservations, just like there are for the other DVC resorts .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-18-2013, 03:39 PM   #3
Desnik
I actually love packing and planning
I'm glad DH and I were friends first then a couple

Quote:

For the first couple of years, I wouldn't count on it, just because of the time you want to go. The holiday season is going to be really busy at that resort. But, you never know!

I would post this question over at the DVC resorts board too.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:14 AM   #4
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:

Until the resort gets close to selling out, you should be able to book for cash through Disney Reservation Center easily. Once it sells out, it will be harder to book for cash through DRC.

Only the portion that is turned over to DVC inventory because of sales will be available for points. So if it is 50% sold, 50% will be available for cash and 50% for points.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:13 PM   #5
Greysword

DIS Dad #618
Fantasmic is not rainbows and unicorns; it is a full contact sport

I agree with Deb. You should be able to get in on a Cash reservation, since Disney Vacation Development (DVD) will likely own most of the points. I would recommend calling as soon as you can to ensure you can get the reservation, but it shouldn't be terribly difficult this year.

Christmastime will be very popular, and DVD has sold a couple rooms with a fixed week option, and rumor has it these have already sold out around Christmas. That said, DVD can use their points to get the room just like members, but they can do it faster and easier than members.
- Chris, DIS Dad #618.

Greysword is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: