Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2013, 12:56 PM   #1
bc133
Mouseketeer

BLT Room Request Hints

Soon we will be booking our room for BLT! So excited! It's our first time as DVC members and when I book online Monday I want to make sure I do everything right. I've looked at the standard 2 bedroom views on the BLT thread and know which room I want. Can I request a certain room of is that too specific? Or do I request an area? Also, we will have 4 (possibly 5) adults & 3 kids so I was wanting a dedicated 2 bedroom if possible. Can I just put that in a 'request' area? I didn't know if there was a trick to any of this. Regardless, I know it'll be a great stay. TIA.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

WLV May 2009
AMu Oct 2010
SSR Feb 2011
SSR Oct 2012
DVC member spring 2013 BLT
bc133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:12 PM   #2
NikP
I will be bouncing off the wall
My husband loved this purse

Welcome home! Congratulations on your purchase. When you book your room you will book either a 2 bedroom lock off or the other option is just a 2 bedroom.

You should go over to the Disney Vacation Club section of the boards for more answers to your questions.

NikP is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-18-2013, 01:18 PM   #3
drusba

DIS Veteran

When you book on-line, you will be able to designate whether you want a 2BR "lock-off" or a 2BR "villa." The villa category is the dedicated 2BRs. You will also choose view: standard, lake or theme park. You also will designate number of guests in the room, and when you actually reserve you will get pages where you are supposed to enter name and address of each occupant, and provide a phone number at least for you.

You will not be able to put in any non-guaranteed requests. To provide those, you either have to call MS or send MS an email after you have your reservation. Go here to see where the standard view rooms are: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2257082 I know many like the north outer wall 5th floor rooms because they can see MK and it is the highest floor possible with standard view. Requesting a specific room is not the best idea because it creates a high risk of not getting the request; area and possibly floor requests are better.

I am assuming you will be booking 11 months out. Standard rooms can go quickly once that window opens and thus to be safe you should attempt to book exactly 11 months out from arrival date and do it early in the morning.

Last edited by drusba; 06-18-2013 at 01:24 PM.
drusba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 02:24 PM   #4
bc133
Mouseketeer

Thank you! Plan on booking online then calling to confirm I did everything correctly. Would you recommend doing this or just calling? I thought if I do it online first it would guarantee getting BLT. What are your thoughts on this plan?

WLV May 2009
AMu Oct 2010
SSR Feb 2011
SSR Oct 2012
DVC member spring 2013 BLT
bc133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 02:33 PM   #5
geraghty
Mouseketeer

We booked online a coulple months ago for our first BLT stay. It's very easy and your confirmation number and reservation details will all show up online. I believe it shows up immediately. I would not call unless you see something that does not look right. Calling just allows for human error IMHO.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: