Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2013, 12:10 PM   #1
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Split stays/dining plan/tickets

Hi everyone,

My friend is trying to book a split stay for 3 nights at Pop Century and 4 nights at the Beach Club.

She wants to buy 4 days of tickets and purchase the dining plan for the whole week. She has been told, that she can not purchase the dining plan unless she has park tickets for both reservations.

But

Can she not book her park tickets starting at Pop and have them carry over to the Beach Club and keep the dining as one package for seven nights???
Disneylover99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:12 PM   #2
Allison
- Join date March 2004 -

What she is being told is correct.

It must be two different packages that include dining and tickets for each stay.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-18-2013, 12:13 PM   #3
WillAustin
FP+ Complainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylover99 View Post
Hi everyone,

My friend is trying to book a split stay for 3 nights at Pop Century and 4 nights at the Beach Club.

She wants to buy 4 days of tickets and purchase the dining plan for the whole week. She has been told, that she can not purchase the dining plan unless she has park tickets for both reservations.

But

Can she not book her park tickets starting at Pop and have them carry over to the Beach Club and keep the dining as one package for seven nights???
Dining credits don't carry over from the first reservation to the second. They end at midnight on the day you check out of the first resort.
WillAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:24 PM   #4
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Thank you both so much for your quick replies!
Old 06-18-2013, 12:28 PM   #5
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylover99 View Post
Hi everyone,

But

The pp's are correct. Unless she is a DVC member, AP holder, or booking with a military discount, a minimum 1 day base ticket is required in order to get the DDP (2 day base for FD). She can get tickets on the first stay to cover the whole trip and book room only for the 2nd resort (paying OOP for her meals), but if she wants the DDP for the whole trip and stay at 2 resorts, she will have to purchase tickets with each stay.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:32 PM   #6
P00H1010
DIS Veteran

Haven't done the dining plan however I have done a split stay. When doing a split stay it is considered 2 separate reservations. You have a confirmation number with each resort you stay at. When setting up ME you give them your arrival flight information and your first resort confirmation information and nothing else. Vice versa when setting up ME for your departure. I would assume that the dining plan would have to be 2 separate dining plans per stay if that makes sense .

July 2010: Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
July 2011: Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
July 2012: Split Stay @ Bay Lake Tower/Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
September 2013: Split Stay @ Art of Animation/Beach Club Villas
July 2014: Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
P00H1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:30 PM   #7
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by P00H1010 View Post
Haven't done the dining plan however I have done a split stay. When doing a split stay it is considered 2 separate reservations. You have a confirmation number with each resort you stay at. When setting up ME you give them your arrival flight information and your first resort confirmation information and nothing else. Vice versa when setting up ME for your departure. I would assume that the dining plan would have to be 2 separate dining plans per stay if that makes sense .
Yes, I understand better now. Thanks!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: