Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2013, 04:27 PM   #16
*NikkiBell*
The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblue View Post
It looks like most of the drinks have the dining plan symbol next to it, showing you can use a snack credit to get them - even on the Venti size. That would be an excellent use of snack credits for my family - particularly for the smoothies or the frappuccino.
I'm not seeing the DP symbol in the pictures. I can't picture them allowing the use of snack credits for something from Starbucks, but I could be wrong.

EDIT to Add: Just heard Shaun say on the show that you can use the DP there. I'm stunned and can't see this remaining.

disboards.com/blog.wdwinfo.com
Follow Me on Twitter

2011 - GC, Swan 2010 - AKLV
2009 - AKLV, DxDP/OKW, DDP 2008 - SSR, PFTS, MNSSHP/AKLV, 1st DVC Trip, DxDP 2007 - PC, MNSSHP 2006-7 - POFQ, Premium DP 2006 - PC 2005 - POFQ, Premium DP 2004 - PC, Silver Plan 1998 - ASMu 1997-94 - Off-Site

Last edited by *NikkiBell*; 06-18-2013 at 05:05 PM.
*NikkiBell* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 04:32 PM   #17
FireDancer
DIS Veteran

I looked south and didn't see a big mushroom cloud where Florida used to be so I guess the park survived the change. Glad to see that all the weeping and gnashing of teeth was much ado about nothing.
FireDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 04:40 PM   #18
jcb
always emerging from hibernation

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDancer View Post
I looked south and didn't see a big mushroom cloud where Florida used to be so I guess the park survived the change. Glad to see that all the weeping and gnashing of teeth was much ado about nothing.
Am I alone in wondering whether Nancy Johnson has been dispatched to Walt's grave just in case.

Old 06-18-2013, 04:57 PM   #19
disney david
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb View Post
Am I alone in wondering whether Nancy Johnson has been dispatched to Walt's grave just in case.

lol good one jack so if they took out the tiki room and replaced it with a tiki bar you think walt would come back to life and chain himself to the attraction

Bring back Walter on the podcast we miss him
CHIP AND DALE ARE A LIST CHARACTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
disney david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:05 PM   #20
FireDancer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I always loved the what would Walt do thing. Considering how much very visible third party advertising he had on Main Street when he was alive it is much more likely that there would be more deals like the one with Starbucks as opposed to none.

The reality of Walt Disney is not the same as the mythology of Walt Disney. It isn't really even close.
FireDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:24 PM   #21
Granny square
Always planning a trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDancer View Post

I always loved the what would Walt do thing. Considering how much very visible third party advertising he had on Main Street when he was alive it is much more likely that there would be more deals like the one with Starbucks as opposed to none.

The reality of Walt Disney is not the same as the mythology of Walt Disney. It isn't really even close.
You mean carnation is not good and Starbucks bad?

(Lol, if carnation is still there!)

I understand people not liking change. I tend that way. I just know I love sb refreshers. Happy happy happy.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:22 PM   #22
papamouse1
Papa Moo Moo Boo Boo

Quote:
Very enjoyable blog and subject matter.

Strangely, I've not received any reports that the sky is falling.
hehe... love it. And also no word that the world stopped spinning on is axis.

I am saddened about moving the cinnamon roll, but other than that, this sounds like a step forward

1999-2005 yearly DLC trips - various non-Disney hotels 2006 - DLC - Paradise Pier Hotel *Joined DVC! 2007 - Disney Cruise & WDW for our 20th wedding anniversary 2008 - DLC - Grand Californian 2009 - WDW- Old Key West & Animal Kingdom-Kidani 2010 - WDW- Beach Club & Animal Kingdom 2011 - Disney Cruise - the new Disney Dream & Holidays @ WDW! BCV & AKV Concierge April 2012 - MR Anniversary Cruise Nov 2012 - DLC to see Holidays & "WoC" May 2013 - Aulani! Aug2013 WDW & Universal Studios March 2013 Travel Agent AEP DCL/WDW
papamouse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:24 PM   #23
papamouse1
Papa Moo Moo Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by *NikkiBell* View Post
I'm not seeing the DP symbol in the pictures. I can't picture them allowing the use of snack credits for something from Starbucks, but I could be wrong.

EDIT to Add: Just heard Shaun say on the show that you can use the DP there. I'm stunned and can't see this remaining.
Wow!! We thought it was going to be busy, but if they keep DP it is going to get insane there

1999-2005 yearly DLC trips - various non-Disney hotels 2006 - DLC - Paradise Pier Hotel *Joined DVC! 2007 - Disney Cruise & WDW for our 20th wedding anniversary 2008 - DLC - Grand Californian 2009 - WDW- Old Key West & Animal Kingdom-Kidani 2010 - WDW- Beach Club & Animal Kingdom 2011 - Disney Cruise - the new Disney Dream & Holidays @ WDW! BCV & AKV Concierge April 2012 - MR Anniversary Cruise Nov 2012 - DLC to see Holidays & "WoC" May 2013 - Aulani! Aug2013 WDW & Universal Studios March 2013 Travel Agent AEP DCL/WDW
papamouse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:20 PM   #24
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

anyone know if they accept starbucks cards?

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney
EastYorkDisneyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:54 PM   #25
mytripsandraces
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by *NikkiBell* View Post

The DP symbols are on the menu in the picture Kathy posted. Why do you think Starbucks accepting the DP won't last long?

Last edited by mytripsandraces; 06-19-2013 at 07:49 PM.
mytripsandraces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 12:42 AM   #26
rteetz
DIS Veteran

It's sad but exciting it still has that great MK Main Street bakery look and feel buts its an outside vendor such as Starbucks. I love Starbucks and go there often but I just miss the whole made in disney aspect of the bakery now that its a Starbucks. I definitely will go and check it out and see how it is but its just going to be different.

disney lover at heart

rteetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:09 AM   #27
Granny square
Always planning a trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYorkDisneyFan View Post
anyone know if they accept starbucks cards?
It does. And gives stars but I don't think you can redeem rewards. If I read correctly.
Old 06-19-2013, 04:25 PM   #28
Iggipolka

DIS Veteran

I may be in the minority here, but I'm thrilled that Starbucks is in MK now. I love being able to get a tasty latte at California Adventure and I know I'll be enjoying one at our next WDW trip.
That I can get a Venti as a Snack Credit is fantastic and I hope that that continues as it's a great use of a Snack.

DVC owners at AKV, VGC & Aulani
Iggipolka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:43 PM   #29
jcb
always emerging from hibernation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggipolka View Post
I may be in the minority here, but I'm thrilled that Starbucks is in MK now. I love being able to get a tasty latte at California Adventure and I know I'll be enjoying one at our next WDW trip.
That I can get a Venti as a Snack Credit is fantastic and I hope that that continues as it's a great use of a Snack.
Given the long line of folks at the Starbucks, as shown in all the photos, I seriously doubt you and I are "in the minority" here.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:16 PM   #30
jennbunn
Mouseketeer

can't wait to use my snack credit's on my chai tea's : )
jennbunn is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: