Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2013, 11:38 PM   #1
Cdaub
Mouseketeer

Pre pay tips and excursions ?

We would like to put a credit on our account to cover our tips, excursions, some drinks Ns things from the shops prior to boarding. We want to get the extra points for our Disney credit card and have the rewards for the cruise. Can I have my TA call and do this, will they just charge the among I want and will show as a credit to our acct when we board?

Any reason not to do this, we want to feet the rewards and have this paid off before we cruise.
Cdaub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 11:55 PM   #2
GatorMomInNC
DIS Veteran

I don't know about your TA but I did that myself before my last cruise. Just called DCL and they put a charge on my Disney Visa that appeared as a credit on my inboard account.
GatorMomInNC is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-17-2013, 12:04 AM   #3
Bear3412
DIS Veteran

Yes. But it wouldn't hurt to bring a copy of the email confirmation.

No. Also IIRC, paying in advance is the only way to get the 6 months free financing too.

Enjoy
Bear3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:29 AM   #4
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdaub View Post
We would like to put a credit on our account to cover our tips, excursions, some drinks Ns things from the shops prior to boarding. We want to get the extra points for our Disney credit card and have the rewards for the cruise. Can I have my TA call and do this, will they just charge the among I want and will show as a credit to our acct when we board?

Any reason not to do this, we want to feet the rewards and have this paid off before we cruise.
Our TA took care of pre-paying our gratuities for us. She put it on the credit card we asked her to. As far as the excursions go, you will need to pick yourself which excursion you want on Disney Cruise Lines website and tell them which credit card you want it billed to. I don't believe your card is billed until after you have taken the excursion. If I am wrong, someone please correct me.

Our 3rd & 4th Disney Cruise - 4 Day & 3 Day Bahamas "Back 2 Back Cruise" - Disney Dream - Sept. 2011
Our 5th Disney Christmas Cruise - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - December 2012
We Are
GOLD Now - Our 6th Disney Cruise - 14 Day Cruise - Panama Canal Crossing - Disney Wonder - Sept 2014

davidls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:35 AM   #5
MTmomma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidls View Post
Our TA took care of pre-paying our gratuities for us. She put it on the credit card we asked her to. As far as the excursions go, you will need to pick yourself which excursion you want on Disney Cruise Lines website and tell them which credit card you want it billed to. I don't believe your card is billed until after you have taken the excursion. If I am wrong, someone please correct me.
The reason you would want to "gift" yourself before you set foot onboard, is the charge actually runs as a charge from "Reservations" which would add significant benefit if you are using a Disney Credit Card. Also, excursions are posted to your account usually the night before, or morning of your excursion. Your Credit card does not actually get charged until you are settling your account. (possibly sooner, depending on the charging threshold.)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: