Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2013, 11:42 AM   #16
barbja99
Mouseketeer

I have a list going already for our trip in mid-July. We're not going to pack some stuff that we would ordinarily pack to keep the weight down in our luggage and just buy the stuff when we get there. We're going to be on the cruise, then in Vancouver for a week, so it will be nice to be able to use what we're used to. Here's our current list:

shampoo (for those that don't want to use the h2o, or who we prefer not to, like DS12 who needs 'man' shampoo now ).
conditioner (as above)
liquid hand soap (I don't like bars)
body wash (I need unscented)
body wash poofs
kleenex (bad allergies -- hotel kleenex is like sand paper)
air Freshener
lysol wipes
cottonel wipes
wrinkle release
candy
beef jerky
luna bars
liquor

I am gluten intolerant and my 16yo niece has von Willebrand. Finding something that I CAN eat and something she WILL eat 'right now' is usually challenging when away from home. Its best to just bring some stuff and if we don't use it, we don't use it.

We're renting a car for the day on Sunday and going to Wal-Mart, Target, and the liquor store that is really close to Target that is open on Sundays.

If we weren't going to be gone for >2 weeks, we'd probably either pack little versions of these or do without (like the lysol and air freshener).

Disney Wonder: Alaska, July 2013
barbja99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:50 PM   #17
AlexandNessa
Proud Redhead
Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
Must sleep barefoot
HEY EVERYONE...THIS IS A SECRET...SHE HATED THE MUMMY MOVIE

Always on our list is Downey Wrinkle Release, small can of air freshener/neutralizer for the bathroom, and foaming pump hand soap for the bathroom. I hate picking up a bar of soap to wash my hands.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-17-2013, 04:07 PM   #18
CTdaizy
disney dreamin

We took granola bars, cracker packs (like peanut butter sandwich crackers) and fruit chews- mostly for the kids but we ended up snacking on them also, especially when we went on excursions. Nice to have snacks in your bag. And pop-tarts- for the same reason. We also had reusable water bottles (like ones you would take to an exercise class) that were good to fill with ice and a drink from the drink station, instead of the little paper cups provided.

I like some of the other ideas, our only cruise was last summer out of NYC, we drove into the city, so didn't have to worry about a flight before boarding. I've got a running list for next years cruise, since we will be out of PC.
Old 06-17-2013, 04:11 PM   #19
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

We got those REAL LIMES to add to our Tequila and something else (honey got it) to make margaritas in our cabin with. You can't bring fruit on, so this solved that problem. I had plenty left over too and continued to use them with ridiculous sentimentality after the trip. ("Aww you were on the Dream with me" squirt squirt)
~05/14 DCL Magic Castaway Cay, WDW & SeaWorld Anniversary Mermaid trip ~ 04/13 DCL Dream & WDW ~ 02/13 CCL Dream V.I.s & WDW ~ 02/12 CCL Conquest Jamaica & Grand Cayman ~ 02/11 CCL Triumph Roatan ~ 09/08 Saratoga Springs WDW ~ 01/07 CCL Holiday Costa Maya~ 11/05 WDW ~ 10/04 Hurricane Ivan Getaway at WDW ~ 12/02 RCCL Legend OTS Hawaii ~ 01/02 WDW, Universal, SeaWorld ~ 6/00 Renais. CL Barcelona - Portugal ~ 99 RCCL Grandeur OTS East Carib.~ 93 RCCL Sovereign OTS East Carib. ~ Many previous family WDW trips~
TwinPrincessMermaids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 04:31 PM   #20
carpenta
DIS Veteran

BEER! signed Homer Simpson......
carpenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 04:32 PM   #21
oatway
Earning My Ears

In addition to beer & liquor, I am planning to pick up a good supply of 5-Hour Energy. I believe my wife is planning to buy beach toys as well.
oatway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:58 PM   #22
jjgarv
Gotta get away to where the boat leaves from...

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissa1970 View Post
This is what I figured we may do as well. We come in the night before and may discover at the hotel that night that we forgot something.

This...exactly.

When getting ready for bed the night before the cruise, I discovered that I left our entire hanging toiletries bag at home! Took the rental car and headed to Wal-greens at 9:30 at night. Moral of the story... When replacing forgotten toiletries, don't try to save a few cents on the razor, because those Disney princess bandaids that look so cute on your 6-yr-old daughter don't look at cute dotting the legs of a 38-yr-old woman!
Honeymoon 4/00 4 Day Magic and Wilderness Lodge; 3/02 7 Day Eastern Magic; 11/02 Beach Club Villas; 11/04 7 day Western Magic; 10/05 4 Day Wonder and 3 Day at Saratoga Springs; 9/06 7 Day Twice the Magic--2x Castaway Cay; 11/07 7 Day Eastern Magic; 9/08 7 Western Double Dip--2x Castaway Cay; 5/09 Villas at AKL; 10/09 7 Day Eastern Magic to St Croix; 4/10 7 Day Caribbean Princess for 10th Anniversary; 10/10 7 Day Western Magic; 10/11 7 Days B2B on the Dream; 10/12 7 Day Eastern Fantasy; 3/12 DVC Villas at Aulani; 10/13 7 Day Western Fantasy; 10/14 7 Day Western Fantasy to Jamaica
jjgarv is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: