DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2013, 08:10 PM   #1
culli
DIS Veteran

BWV Resale Prices

Just started to look at a BWV contracts again and noticed they are up significantly? I thought last year they were at 65 and lower, now back up in the mid 80s. Is this my imagination?????
Old 05-31-2013, 08:14 PM   #2
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

No, that seems to be the current reality. Right now, the supply of BWV contracts is quite low compared to last year. It appears to be a sellers market.

Keep in mind that what you see on the brokers/ websites are asking prices, not necessarily purchase prices.

BWV - Early Morning on May 2, 2008
CarolMN is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-31-2013, 08:15 PM   #3
dbs1228
DIS Veteran

Nope not your imagination! It is a sellers market right now along with Disney ROFR'd many many contracts over the past 3 months primarily BWV and OKW. I had a 222 point BWV contract for 55.00PP accepted and sent to Disney on March 5 - Disney took this contract along with many more up to 69.00PP. I had another contract taken at the end of April that was 65.00PP. All properties have gone up since supply is low. This all happened in the past 4 - 6 months a complete turn around!

dbs1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:23 PM   #4
culli
DIS Veteran

I had two contracts ROFR but it was low balls at BWV below 60 in the
Last couple of years. I wonder if the ridiculous direct prices are also having an impact?
Old 05-31-2013, 08:29 PM   #5
dbs1228
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by culli View Post
I had two contracts ROFR but it was low balls at BWV below 60 in the
Last couple of years. I wonder if the ridiculous direct prices are also having an impact?
That and Disney offering the older resorts in a web cast - BWV was offering 115.00PP plus 5 day park hopper tickets not sure what else - they also advertised that as of March 19th the price was going up to 130.00PP so many people went on the waitlist for BWV, BCV, OKW and VWL. They are trying to fill the waitlist and have been taking a lot of contracts. People like me who really want to buy BWV have had to try 3, 4 and 5 times to get a contract so supply has gone way down! I still prefer to pay 80.00PP then 130.00!

Old 06-01-2013, 09:08 AM   #6
culli
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbs1228 View Post
That and Disney offering the older resorts in a web cast - BWV was offering 115.00PP plus 5 day park hopper tickets not sure what else - they also advertised that as of March 19th the price was going up to 130.00PP so many people went on the waitlist for BWV, BCV, OKW and VWL. They are trying to fill the waitlist and have been taking a lot of contracts. People like me who really want to buy BWV have had to try 3, 4 and 5 times to get a contract so supply has gone way down! I still prefer to pay 80.00PP then 130.00!
If $80-85 is resale 115 is not horrible, I will just have to monitor and see what they look like over the next 12 months. I have been maybe a little too aggressive in the past on my offers as I have had 3 or 4 contracts eaten by the ROFR monster in the last 4 years.

I wonder if most of the people really wanting to get rid of their contracts due to economy and other factors already got rid of them? With GF maybe we will see some more contracts out there if people are trying to sell to buy there? Good luck with your BWV contract!
Old 06-01-2013, 09:26 AM   #7
dbs1228
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If $80-85 is resale 115 is not horrible, I will just have to monitor and see what they look like over the next 12 months. I have been maybe a little too aggressive in the past on my offers as I have had 3 or 4 contracts eaten by the ROFR monster in the last 4 years.

I wonder if most of the people really wanting to get rid of their contracts due to economy and other factors already got rid of them? With GF maybe we will see some more contracts out there if people are trying to sell to buy there? Good luck with your BWV contract!
Older resorts are now 130.00PP I am looking for at least 200 points so the difference is about $10,000.00 at 80.00PP worth the wait for resale. Once supply is replenished I do believe prices will level off. I am not so sure we will see 55.00 - 65.00 at BWV anytime soon but possibly mid 70's.

We actually sold a SSR contract in march and made money on it - bought it in 2010 resale - used 3 years of points, rented banked points that it came with and since then prices on SSR have gone up by about 5.00PP.

I too will be watching the market.

Old 06-01-2013, 09:47 AM   #8
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
....(snip).......With GF maybe we will see some more contracts out there if people are trying to sell to buy there? .............!
I know a few who said they plan to sell BWV because of a VGF purchase. But they are very familiar with the resale market and I don't think they will let those contracts go for bargain prices.

Old 06-01-2013, 03:17 PM   #9
ELMC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbs1228 View Post
Older resorts are now 130.00PP I am looking for at least 200 points so the difference is about $10,000.00 at 80.00PP worth the wait for resale. Once supply is replenished I do believe prices will level off. I am not so sure we will see 55.00 - 65.00 at BWV anytime soon but possibly mid 70's.
I agree that this would be likely to happen. But the problem becomes whether or not the supply will be replenished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolMN View Post
I know a few who said they plan to sell BWV because of a VGF purchase. But they are very familiar with the resale market and I don't think they will let those contracts go for bargain prices.
Exactly how many is a few, Carol? We need to know in order to address dbs's comment above?

At this point the only two things I can see happening that would allow you to get a good price on BWV is 1) an uneducated, poorly advised seller listing for too little or 2) a significant increase in supply. With the exception of those Carol mentioned looking to swap for VGF, I just don't see a large number of BWV contracts coming on the market anytime soon, sad to say.
Old 06-01-2013, 04:06 PM   #10
NoleFan
DIS Veteran

Does it appear that BWV prices are very close to BCV prices lately?? In reviewing prices in previous years vs. now, it seemed like there was more of a gap in resale pricing between the two in previous years?? If there is such a gap, do you feel it is because BWV has gained popularity and/or a current limited supply of BWV (ROFR activity, webcast promo), and/or something else? Have the point charts fluctuated as I know the BWV standard rooms appear to be a good point value? Just curious.

Last edited by NoleFan; 06-01-2013 at 04:12 PM.
NoleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 04:46 PM   #11
BestDadEver
New DVC Member

I am curious . Why is this only an issue with BWV and not other resorts ?

I was just browsing fidelity site and noticed a few things in general about resale . They don't have a lot of listings and all resorts seem much higher then what people been posting here that they get .

I know they are basically asking prices but there must be some serious lowballing going on .

BestDadEver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 04:54 PM   #12
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELMC View Post
......(snip)........Exactly how many is a few, Carol? We need to know in order to address dbs's comment above?
More than 1, but less than 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestDadEver View Post
I am curious . Why is this only an issue with BWV and not other resorts ?......
I think it is also true for BCV & VWL & maybe HHI.

Quote:
I know they are basically asking prices but there must be some serious lowballing going on .
FWIW, I think those "serious lowballers" are getting shut out by those who pay full price or close to it. JMHO. YMMV.

Old 06-01-2013, 05:44 PM   #13
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am curious . Why is this only an issue with BWV and not other resorts ?

I was just browsing fidelity site and noticed a few things in general about resale . They don't have a lot of listings and all resorts seem much higher then what people been posting here that they get .

I think the lower priced contracts get snatched up right away and the higher priced ones sit. There was a lot of buying going on from Feb-May (for 2 reasons I think...1- direct prices increased in March and 2- income tax refund time...another reason someone mentioned was that early spring is when folks make their summer vacation plans) and most of the good deals have been bought. Hopefully they'll be some more contracts hitting the market (maybe folks who bought VGF need to sell some of their other points off).

Last edited by lovin'fl; 06-01-2013 at 05:53 PM.
lovin'fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 05:55 PM   #14
culli
DIS Veteran

Just read an article on usa today about Disney making record profits/growth an getting return on all their spending during the recent recession. They are expecting record attendance at the parks this summer. They are even beating analyst projections.

Wonder if this also is having an effect on resale? People who made purchases when prices were very low.......good choice! Interesting to see what they will be again into 2014 as I will be in the market around that time.
Old 06-01-2013, 07:16 PM   #15
BestDadEver
New DVC Member

Quote:
Just read an article on usa today about Disney making record profits/growth an getting return on all their spending during the recent recession. They are expecting record attendance at the parks this summer. They are even beating analyst projections.

Wonder if this also is having an effect on resale? People who made purchases when prices were very low.......good choice! Interesting to see what they will be again into 2014 as I will be in the market around that time.
Disney is pretty good at business . They own pretty much everything . Lol

BestDadEver is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: