Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2011, 07:42 PM   #1
Hollywood Glitter
DIS Veteran

Cool Mickey's Mexican Fiesta 2011 *Updated 11/29

Hi Everyone!

I am super excited about my upcomming cruise and couldn't wait any longer to start my report. So for now this is a pre-cruise report however in 2 weeks and 2 days (according to my signature ticker) this will become my official cruise report!

Let me introduce myself. My name is Sigris however I go by Hollywood Glitter on the boards. I'm 30 years old and a true Disney Fanatic. I am a former Disneyland Castmember, former passport holder, current D23 Member and current DVC Member.

I'll be taking my first cruise on Nov 6 and of course it has to be a Disney Cruise. This will also be my first time using my DVC points.

I will be cruising with my mom and it's her first cruise also. My dad has decided to stay home and cat sit for a week but I think he's excited to have the house to himself for a while.

For the past 2 weeks we have been working on our FE and FE gifts. I think they are turning out awesome. I don't want to give anything away yet put I'll post pictures asap. I think I have spent a lot more time visiting JoAnn's and Michaels than I ever have in my life. Bless those 50% off coupons! I have most of my pirate costume ready and am still working on a formal outfit.

Day Port Guest Ashore Guest Onboard
1 Los Angeles, California ——Day 1 Part 1, Day 1 Part 2, Day 1 Part 3
2 At Sea — —
3 At Sea — —
4 Puerto Vallarta, Mexico — —
5 Cabo San Lucas, Mexico — —
6 Cabo San Lucas, Mexico — —
7 At Sea — —
8 Los Angeles, California — —

Last edited by Hollywood Glitter; 11-29-2011 at 05:38 AM.
Hollywood Glitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 01:06 AM   #2
Hollywood Glitter
DIS Veteran

Autograph Souvenir

So I'm trying my best not to spend any money before the trip but .... I was killing time online and thought I would look at the Disney Store online. Bad Idea! Guess what I found ...

I have been looking everywhere for this and wasn't able to find it till tonight. So of course I bought the 9 inch in white. Exactly what I wanted. I saw this awesome idea about gettting this autographed while on the ship.

Super Excited!!!

Last edited by Hollywood Glitter; 10-25-2011 at 11:09 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-22-2011, 01:57 AM   #3
DCW
Mouseketeer

following along.....

We don't go till April, so I'll follow your tr to pass the time

Trip History:

2013 Oct DS 18th Birthday on the Fantasy, Western
2012 MR on The Wonder
2007 Magic, Eastern,
1994 Royal Caribbean Honeymoon cruise MR
1992 WDW
Countless trips to DL (grew up there)

DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 03:16 AM   #4
princesskayla
***This space reserved for a tag***

Found your pretrip report. I am glad that I am not the only one supercrazy excited about this trip! Very cool idea about the vinylnation figure. However, I don't "get" the vinylnation thing.

First 1/2 Marathon-Disneyland-Sept 2013*Pixar 7 day cruise - Oct 2012*Dream Double Dip - May 2012*24 Hours,4 Parks - Leap Year 2012 -WDW*DL -HoJo: Dec 2011*First Disney Cruise and First Family trip to Disney Land: Nov 2011*Solo trip to DL: Oct 2011*Last trip before the Wild Fontier, Bonnet Creek: May 2011 * Bonnet Creek - Nov 2010 * AKL/WL CL - Sept 2010 * Christmas Present for the family at Bonnet Creek - Dec 14-18, 2009 * Last Minute trip to Bonnet Creek - May 2009 * Suprise trip for Mom's 50th B-Day - Oct 2008 KOTS * WL with Free Dining - Sept 2008 * AWHONN convention + DISNEYLAND - June 2008 * ASMo and WL with Free Dining - Sept 2007 - The beginning of the obsession
princesskayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 03:22 PM   #5
guntherkat
Mouseketeer

Hey Hey there ladies....counting down the days till we sail (and we all meet Sigris, Those are SO cool- I'm thinking of getting them for my two kids. Do you think instead of pillowcases I could turn those in to guest services to have autographed? Haven't looked at the price yet...is it steep?
K
guntherkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 05:42 PM   #6
Hollywood Glitter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by guntherkat View Post
Hey Hey there ladies....counting down the days till we sail (and we all meet Sigris, Those are SO cool- I'm thinking of getting them for my two kids. Do you think instead of pillowcases I could turn those in to guest services to have autographed? Haven't looked at the price yet...is it steep?
K

This is what they look like finished. I found it on the thingd to get autographed thread. I have been looking for months and they finally got them again at Disney shopping .. It is 39.95 for the 9 inch and 9.95 for a 3 inch. When I bought it yesterday the 3 inch was on sale for 4.95

Last edited by Hollywood Glitter; 10-25-2011 at 11:07 PM.
Old 10-22-2011, 06:30 PM   #7
marciemouse
Raised on Disney

We're doing the Mexico cruise in March (also our first cruise ever) so I'm going to live vicariously through your TR for now!

Cruisin' With Mickey! Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera March 2012 Trip Report

Double Dip on the Disney Wonder ~ September 2014 Trip Report

Ramada Maingate February 2014--First time as a family of five! Ramada Maingate July 2013--Last time as a family of four! Ramada Maingate December 2012--Club 33! Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera November 2012--We're addicted! Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera March 2012--First Cruise! Ramada Maingate September 2011--First Trip as a family of 4! Anaheim Hilton March 2011--Last Trip as a Family of 3! Marriott Anaheim December 2010--Grandpa Jim's First Trip Marriott Anaheim October 2010--Celebrating Our 1 Year Adoption Anniversary Marriott Anaheim July 2010--Isabel's 3rd Birthday Trip Marriott Anaheim May 2010--First Time at Disneyland & First Trip with Isabel! Off Site May 2009--Quick getaway with my two favorite guys, DH and Dad Pop Century September 2008--My first solo trip! Pop Century May 2008--Finally just DH and me again! All Star Sports September 2006--With Dad and The Otters All Star Movies October 2005--Pressed penny collecting trip on the heels of Hurricane Wilma! Off Site December 2004--One last trip with Mom...bittersweet memories Off Site April 2003--With Mom & Dad Off Site May 2000--First trip with DH! And way more trips than I can count while living in Florida and then visiting after we moved!
marciemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 10:10 PM   #8
guntherkat
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Glitter View Post

This is what they look like finished. I found it on the thingd to get autographed thread. I have been looking for months and they finally got them again at Disney shopping .. It is 39.95 for the 9 inch and 9.95 for a 3 inch. When I bought it yesterday the 3 inch was on sale for 4.95

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, for the heads up on this...I just logged on and the white and color 9" are already sold out BUT, I did manage to snag two glow in the dark ones that the kids are gonna love. Much more fun than the pillow case idea I was originally going with.
Muchas Gracias Senorita Sigris
guntherkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 09:30 PM   #9
Hollywood Glitter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by guntherkat View Post
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, for the heads up on this...I just logged on and the white and color 9" are already sold out BUT, I did manage to snag two glow in the dark ones that the kids are gonna love. Much more fun than the pillow case idea I was originally going with.
Muchas Gracias Senorita Sigris
Awesome! I can't wait to get mine in the mail. I think your kids are gonna luv it.

Last edited by Hollywood Glitter; 10-25-2011 at 11:05 PM.
Old 10-23-2011, 09:59 PM   #10
Hollywood Glitter
DIS Veteran

2 weeks left...

Ahhhh ... I can't wait! It's only 2 weeks left and there is still so much to do!

Despite all the work I still made time today to do something special. What you may ask ... Well ....

I went and visited our ship while it was docked.

I think i'm in luv. Look how big it is. They were cleaning the side of the ship and refueling. I'll try to post some more pictures later tonight.

Anyways I didn't think I could get more excited about the trip but I was wrong.

Last edited by Hollywood Glitter; 10-25-2011 at 11:04 PM.
Old 10-25-2011, 11:58 PM   #11
Hollywood Glitter
DIS Veteran

1 Week 5 Days ...

I think my inner child has been comming out a lot more recently. I can't stop thinking about the trip. Even as I was washing my hair this morning I was wondering what the water pressure is like in the shower on the Wonder? I have been steadily working on my FE gifts and almost have them done. I wish I could show them to you but not yet... However here is a peak at one of the gifts.

I don't think anyone will figure it out! I also made a cute picture frame for less then $6.00. Again thanks Michaels for their awesome sales!

I was going to take the mat to be autographed but when after I added the sticker I think it looks good like this. I might just add the date on the top left and presto complete.

Catch you all later!

Last edited by Hollywood Glitter; 10-26-2011 at 01:44 AM.
Old 10-26-2011, 12:17 AM   #12
PizzieDuster
DIS Veteran

HG...I'm usually not interested in pre trip reports but I love, love, love yours and your pictures! Also, I have done the same you did. I dragged my family down to the port to watch the ship sail away the week before we sailed. And cried.

Enjoy every minute of your pre trip and I can't wait to read about your cruise. Also one thing we have in common, my DH (like your dad who is cat sitting) says he'll stay home and PAY for cruise while my DD & I take off. And I know he is just enjoying the heck out of having the house to himself with our lab

Can't wait to read and see more! I'm so excited for you!
Royal Carribean - Explorer of the Seas 4/16/06
Royal Carribean - Freedom of the Seas 4/8/07
Returning to the Magic - 6/29/08 - West Coast
Liberty of the Seas - 4/09
Disney Wonder Mother/DD12 Cruise to Nowhere 1/21/11
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 1/29/12 Mother/DD13 Cruise (taking Grandma and Nephew DN5 along)
Disney Wonder - 1/24/14 5 Night Wonder {gift}
Disney Fantasy - 3/29/14 Western
PizzieDuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 07:41 PM   #13
Hollywood Glitter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzieDuster View Post
HG...I'm usually not interested in pre trip reports but I love, love, love yours and your pictures! Also, I have done the same you did. I dragged my family down to the port to watch the ship sail away the week before we sailed. And cried.

Enjoy every minute of your pre trip and I can't wait to read about your cruise. Also one thing we have in common, my DH (like your dad who is cat sitting) says he'll stay home and PAY for cruise while my DD & I take off. And I know he is just enjoying the heck out of having the house to himself with our lab

Can't wait to read and see more! I'm so excited for you!
LOL I'm happy to know I'm not the only crazy one out there!
Old 10-28-2011, 11:41 PM   #14
Hollywood Glitter
DIS Veteran

9 Days ...

Ok were down to single digits ...

So what wonderful things have happened recently ... well I got a formal dress. That was quite entertaining. I actually ordered 4 dresses online from Nordstroms and had no idea what size fit and what they were going to look like on me. Needless to say when they were delivered on Wed we had a fashion show at my house. I must say I looked beautiful!

So here is a picture of the winning dress.

What do you think? I love it!

Of course now I have to find shoes, an evening bag, and earrings. Of Course I haven't been able to find anything I likeWith only 9 days (ok really like 8) what am I going to do?

Also my vinylmation from the Disney Store hasn't shipped yet. I called and they said I would get it between Nov 2nd and 4th. Cutting it close right! I hope it makes it if not I'm gonna have to swing by Downtown Disney and see if they have any there.

I can't believe how fast time has passed. Every morning I check the boards for any new info on the cruise or any new hints to help me prepare. I may be slightly obsessed. LOL

I spent yesterday afternoon organizing all the FE gifts and making sure we have everything for everyone. I had Disney stuff layed out all over the bed.
Old 10-29-2011, 04:13 AM   #15
princesskayla
***This space reserved for a tag***

Beautiful dress!

First 1/2 Marathon-Disneyland-Sept 2013*Pixar 7 day cruise - Oct 2012*Dream Double Dip - May 2012*24 Hours,4 Parks - Leap Year 2012 -WDW*DL -HoJo: Dec 2011*First Disney Cruise and First Family trip to Disney Land: Nov 2011*Solo trip to DL: Oct 2011*Last trip before the Wild Fontier, Bonnet Creek: May 2011 * Bonnet Creek - Nov 2010 * AKL/WL CL - Sept 2010 * Christmas Present for the family at Bonnet Creek - Dec 14-18, 2009 * Last Minute trip to Bonnet Creek - May 2009 * Suprise trip for Mom's 50th B-Day - Oct 2008 KOTS * WL with Free Dining - Sept 2008 * AWHONN convention + DISNEYLAND - June 2008 * ASMo and WL with Free Dining - Sept 2007 - The beginning of the obsession
princesskayla is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mexican rivera, wonder ship

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: