Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2013, 06:32 PM   #16
boundfordisney
I think my finger prints are still on the grab bars to this day

cbr is a great resort, both my dh and I love it, didnt have any issues with the double beds, Pool area , 2 hot tubs hammocks on the beach to watch the sunset and you can see some of epcots fireworks from there, food court is very good, beautiful surroundings sooo relaxing, quiet pools at each village, I cant think of a single reason to Not stay there, we have stayed at the poly yacht club and okw and we miss cbr whenever we have stayed elsewhere and thats even though its a moderate resort and not deluxe, Im sure you are gonna love it!
Old 06-16-2013, 06:35 PM   #17
lovedonald
Mouseketeer

We stayed at CBR a couple of years ago. We were in Barbados which was pretty far away from the main building where the food court is. It didn't bother us too much since we ate at the parks most of the time. We went to the local wal mart and stocked our fridge with drinks and snacks. The bus stop was right there and we loved the room and pools! The room was spacious clean and quiet!! If you want to be near the food court, the previous people had a great suggestion of requesting Jamaica or Aruba right across the bridge if you have a standard room booked. You will love it! Have a wonderful trip!
lovedonald is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-18-2013, 07:59 AM   #18
malacajo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmhall2000 View Post
The fact it has a Carribbean feel will be a super reminder of the Carribbean!! We would switch in a heartbeat if they had rooms to fit five just to be close to you guys!! 90% of your waking hours will be elsewhere, I bet you will not be disappointed!
That's part of the reason we didn't want to switch, we were looking forward to sharing the pool with you guys After reading everyone's reviews on here, I feel a lot better about it!!!
Old 06-18-2013, 08:02 AM   #19
malacajo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2AidanAndEli View Post
Yep, I figured there could be some difference with the room category required or what was available. But the original post also said they got rid of park hoppers to bring the total savings to $500. Depending on the number/ages of guests, that could be several hundred right there.

I just want to make sure they were comparing apples and apples--in other words FD, base tickets for the same number of days, etc. I know I get confused when I start pricing out all different levels, different resorts, different tickets, etc!
Yep, our almost $500 in savings does include knocking out park hoppers! However, if we kept them, we're still saving almost $300 from CSR...I do think it might have something to do with our FD promo!
Old 06-18-2013, 08:13 AM   #20
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2AidanAndEli View Post
Are you really sure about the difference between CBR and POR? I thought they were much closer in price and when I do online checks for September stays, the prices are identical. Does it have something to do with only certain rooms eligible for free dining? I would definitely recheck the prices between the two--I'd be really surprised if the difference was $500!
It's the price difference between the two resorts & dropping the park hopper option..

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & CR Sept 8-15, 2013
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:25 AM   #21
malacajo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine View Post
It's the price difference between the two resorts & dropping the park hopper option..

Yes I love that bluejasmine is my lovely TA!!!!!!!! Without her, I would not have saved this $$....
Old 06-18-2013, 08:47 AM   #22
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by malacajo View Post

Yes I love that bluejasmine is my lovely TA!!!!!!!! Without her, I would not have saved this $$....
Mwahhhhh!

ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:15 AM   #23
KELLY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It looks like you are going on a cruise as well. Look at it this way the room at CBR will feel huge after those staterooms.. We didn't upgrade our FD so for us it make sense to stay value. Our 5 day cruise is almost 1000.00 more than our 12 day stay at pop. If we weren't going on the dream we could afford deluxe. But I'm in the mind frame that been there done that. We add the WP option to our tickets so the pool slide isn't a deal breaker for us.

You just need to look at it from a different perspective that is all. I know it is hard to have your mind on one thing and it not work out. But you are going to Disney!

Many Trips the past 6 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 8 and DD 6
KELLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:49 PM   #24
jenji124
Earning My Ears

I love CBR it was the first Disney resort we stayed at. The grounds are beautiful and love the theming. We thought about going back there for our upcoming trip but wanted to try different resorts.

Caribbean Beach Resort (2/89, 2/90, 2/92, 2/96, 12/00, 5/04, 9/08), Coronado Springs Resort (9/09), Wilderness Lodge (9/07), Beach Club (5/05, 6/12), Port Orleans Riverside (9/13).
jenji124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:13 PM   #25
RainK
Mouseketeer

We stayed at CBR 2 years ago and I can tell you that, is is hands down our least favorite resort. The overall look and feel reminded me of a condo complex ( minus the plus of a kitchen). Nothing exciting about it. The main pool is cool, but certainly not a MUST see.

The resort is BIG so be prepared to be on the bus for a long time if you don't have a rental car. We HATED that it took forever just to get out of the resort since it stopped at about 5 stops before leaving.

We preferred a value over CBR without hesitation. I would try POP if you're looking to save $ over CBR.

Some people really love it and that's what's great about Disney, there is something for everyone, but for us, CBR is the last resort we would stay at again.

August 2013 Beach Club
August 2011 POP
May 2010 CBR
October 2008 ASMO
September 2006 & 2007 POP
Previous 2 visits off site
RainK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:43 PM   #26
malacajo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELLY View Post
It looks like you are going on a cruise as well. Look at it this way the room at CBR will feel huge after those staterooms.. We didn't upgrade our FD so for us it make sense to stay value. Our 5 day cruise is almost 1000.00 more than our 12 day stay at pop. If we weren't going on the dream we could afford deluxe. But I'm in the mind frame that been there done that. We add the WP option to our tickets so the pool slide isn't a deal breaker for us.

You just need to look at it from a different perspective that is all. I know it is hard to have your mind on one thing and it not work out. But you are going to Disney!
Unfortunately, I have not gotten around to changing my "ticker"...We did the DC last Sept, so none coming up for us, how I wish!! Being that we did the cruise last Sept, is one of the main reasons our budget will be so tight this Sept!! You are SO right-going to DISNEY, we're so happy!
Old 06-18-2013, 07:38 PM   #27
vdub322
Are we there yet?

The first time I ever stayed on site...at the age of 14...we stayed at CBR and we loved it. I didn't go back after that until I was in my 20s and I never knew it wasn't an amazing Disney resort. I loved it! It's all about perspective. I think it's completely possible to stay at CBR and have a fantastic time!

vdub322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:46 AM   #28
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ok, we are going to the "World" in Sept. We started off booking at AKL with our 35% off pin code, got a great deal. Then Free dining came out, we switched to POR to save $$ and still get free dining. Well our budget is a little tighter than what we had anticipated so we are now booked at CBR and got rid of park hoppers (very sad face!) to save almost $500. Truly grateful to save this $$ but CBR is the last resort that I had ever wanted to stay in....Double beds really bum me out and it looks outdated from the pics I've seen...Anyone out there that loves CBR, please give me some positive vibes!! I must also tell you so that nobody feels the need to say this to me-I AM so thrilled that our family is going to Disney, I do not mean for anyone to think that I'm being ungrateful or dreading this-going to Disney is a huge blessing for anyone in my opinion!!!! Thanks again
It's been quite a while since our CBR stay (2002), but we LOVED the resort. The grounds were beautiful, the food court was good, the pool was awesome (which has been redone since our stay), and the buses were great . The resort is big and spread out, but we thought it was fine. The one thing (of many) that we loved was how centrally located the resort is. There are 4 or 5 internal bus stops, but even with that, we didn't find it to take more than about 10 minutes to get to any theme park, water park, or DTD. I'm sure you will have a great time. We had a great stay and wouldn't hesitate to stay there again .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:45 AM   #29
minnierocks
DIS Veteran

Subbing...trying to decide if I want to switch resorts and this info is helpful. We are currently booked at ASMu for free dining but just found out that the Sports resort's food court will be closed. That means all the guests from that resort will be using ASMu food court...and I am afraid that it will be chaotic. Like the original poster, CBR has never been on our list of resorts that we would like to visit but it is all that is left with availability for free dining.
Spring Break Trip 2011
Thanksgiving 2008
Thanksgiving 2007
*October 2006...Keys to the Kingdom
Keys to the Kingdom TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7&page=1&pp=15

*Thanksgiving 2005
*February 2004
minnierocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:51 AM   #30
dansdad
DIS Veteran

We have had multiple great stays at ASSp, ASMu, POR and POFQ. But once we stayed at CBR we have not been able to bring ourselves to stay anywhere else. It has become our favorite and definitely home away from home. There is something about the relaxed and laid back atmosphere that is such a nice break from the craziness of the parks. Every village has it's own quiet pool and bus stop so you are never far from one. The main pool is awesome and we love the food court too. The landscaping is so lush and beautiful. We usually schedule 2 resort days during our stay to enjoy all CBR has to offer.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: